Mic switch on throttle

Extranajero

Does it have a function in the sim ?

Might seem a silly question but I don't own the A-10C yet and won't until the new year when I can upgrade my PC to a point where it'll run with good FPS.

In the meantime I am building my own HOTAS and for cost reasons I want to limit the number of hat switches I use.

If the Mic switch doesn't do anything, or doesn't do anything important enough to be worth an extra hat switch then I won't implement it.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

• ED Team

yes the mic switch is used for radio's :P

What I mean by that is the communication menu only works on the ground, once you are in the air you need the mic switch for the radios

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes the mic switch is used for radio's :P

What I mean by that is the communication menu only works on the ground, once you are in the air you need the mic switch for the radios

The comms menu works in the air as well. However, if you do not use 'Easy Communication', you will need to select the correct radio with either the switch or the keyboard.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You will need the MIC switch, if you are contacting an ATC, for example, you use a MIC FORWARD for AN/ARC-186(V) VHF AM Radio. For your wingmen buddies, AWACS, tankers, basically anything in the air, you use a MIC DOWN (or UP cant remember right now) to access the AN/ARC-164 UHF Radio, and, for example, to contact JTAC on the ground you use MIC AFT for AN/ARC-186(V) VHF FM Radio.

All this is implemented into DCS, and you will need to use it on some servers that have Easy Communitacions turned off :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I./JG2

Oberleutnant Flieger

OK then, another hat switch is necessary...thanks for the advice guys

Comms switch has 4 positions, one for VFH-AM radio (ATC), one for UHF (wingman, flights, ground crew), and one for VHF-FM (JTAC). There is also an up position which used to toggle comms menu (F-1~12 menu). It is comprehensive, but not like F4, dont expect to talk on mic and be heard (although it should given the advanced state of DCS compared to F4).

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Comms switch has 4 positions...

Actually it has five positions, it also work as momentary push button.

In my configuration I have Mic Switch UP for TrackIR center and Push for TrackIR Pause and the rest is for radios.

Everything is possible except skiing through revolving doors.

The hat switches I am using have a centre push function, so that is good :)

Note this is maybe not so important if you only want to contact AI, but if you want to use TARS/Aries/some future voice option to quickly switch between different mic's you would need some switch for this. Good luck building your Hotas, might we have some pix in the input section? =)

...., might we have some pix in the input section? =)

Pics or it didn't happen:smartass:

Would love to see your work, even Work in Progress stuff.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks thumbup.gif

At the moment I am working on the electronics and some different interface options for the buttons\hat switches. There isn't anything to show yet apart from a whole lot of wires connected to things like an Arduino and a keyboard encoder I removed from a cheap USB keyboard.

My previous grip project, which I have temporarily stopped work on is here :-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132033

I was actually building that for IL2 1946 as my computer is too crappy for any DCS sim except LOMAC.

However a friend of mine is upgrading his computer over the holidays and he is going to give me his old motherboard, memory and video card which will allow me to run A10C smile.gif

I don't think I am going to try to make a replica of the A10C grip and throttle, like I did with the FW190. It's a lot of extra work and I don't have any reference material anyway. It'll just be 'generic HOTAS'

The hat switches I am using have a centre push function, so that is good :)

Where did you get these 4-way w/ center push hat switches?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR