Maneuver Problems, what is this?

nullsys

No tanks, nothing onboard.

Pulling back and left. Each time it causes the immediate turn and flip.

Also, you may want to mess with your joystick curves to see what works best for you. I had my pitch set to 32 but that didn't work at all for me as I didn't have enough control when the plane was at the edge of stalling. Now I use a curve of 20 and I have a lot more control at the edge. In other words I have more stick to use when I feel it start to shake.

Also, you may want to mess with your joystick curves to see what works best for you. I had my pitch set to 32 but that didn't work at all for me as I didn't have enough control when the plane was at the edge of stalling. Now I use a curve of 20 and I have a lot more control at the edge. In other words I have more stick to use when I feel it start to shake.

Thanks!

It was absolutely a curves problem. I too lowered my curves and it felt much better.

Can someone watch the video and explain what is happening, how I can avoid it and such.

Thank you!

this is a bug, I read old post here in the forum

F-15C has the same problem

wait 1 or 2 years to be corrected ,things move slowly here :)

Edited by paidapinga

Well, watching the OPs video, the aircraft departs after the pilot violently pushes to 10Gs. This appears to correct behaviour for the sim.

It is incorrect behavior for the aircraft. G reading had nothing to do with it, it's all about AoA in a certain flight regime. Real aircraft flat out don't behave like this.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is incorrect behavior for the aircraft. G leading had nothing to do with it, it's all about AoA in a certain slotted regime. Real aircraft flat out don't behave like this.

Can you explain? What I see in the video is asymmetric stall, exactly what I would expect from the stick input.

I have the same problem so I stop playing the F-86.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I'd expect things from AoA, not stick input (although AoA is created by stick and rudder input, but different speeds give you different results for the same amount of pull - thus AoA is the important yard-stick over-all, buft for practical reasons a pilot might be interested in bank vs stall speed charts at least when landing)

If you want to see aircraft do this sort of thing, you have to fly them un-coordinated, possibly very un-coordinated:

Coordinated flight should just enter the wing-rocking mode before 'bumping off', but eh, I'm no expert.

Can you explain? What I see in the video is asymmetric stall, exactly what I would expect from the stick input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Difficult to say. On one hand, I would expect the stall to be a bit more symmetric. It's not a prop plane, and if You look at the turn&bank indicator, there was no slip/skid when it happened.

On the other hand, the ever-popular manual of F-86F states as follows: "On airplanes without slats, stall characteristics are definitely inferior because of an abrupt yaw and roll occuring at the stall point" (section 6-2 "Flight Characteristics").

Whether stall roll in our Sabre is "abrupt enough" or "not abrupt enough" is probably impossible to estimate correctly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Difficult to say. On one hand, I would expect the stall to be a bit more symmetric. It's not a prop plane, and if You look at the turn&bank indicator, there was no slip/skid when it happened.

Keep watching for when he does do it uncoordinated.

On the other hand, the ever-popular manual of F-86F states as follows: "On airplanes without slats, stall characteristics are definitely inferior because of an abrupt yaw and roll occuring at the stall point" (section 6-2 "Flight Characteristics").
Irrelevant to the discussion at hand. The real meat and potatoes here is coordinated flight: Low or no beta means a benign stall, anything more should look like what's in the OP's video. It didn't look like he was flying particularly un-coordinated, but I could be wrong (I see no rudder input either).

Whether stall roll in our Sabre is "abrupt enough" or "not abrupt enough" is probably impossible to estimate correctly.
Sure it is. At the very least you can ask a SME, if there's one around, or just any pilots who's flown a bunch of things and has done aerobatics and stall training.
Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]