DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

I guess it has to do with the last statement of Cobra's signature...

Basically... it could be just one module in the end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I guess it has to do with the last statement of Cobra's signature...

Basically... it could be just one module in the end.

That's like saying I dont like apples, because the Wizard in the sky told me there are Martians on Venus.

Sometimes a forum avatar is just a forum avatar.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'm satisfied with the info coming out, though I have to wonder why the third of three modules planned for release is the only officially announced one. There has to be an interesting story behind that decision.:)

From the hints, it seems likely that the other two modules are pretty dependent on new theaters.

Maybe they want theater development to be far along before they confirm or estimate on the release date?

-Nick

I agree. Personally, I'd rather have cobra and leatherneck give us meaningful updates when they happen and when they get time. I would much rather have them working towards taking my money for this, instead of writing press releases.

I for one have been waiting my entire adult life for a full, in-depth, study sim F-14. I can wait a little longer in between press releases. I can not be more happy with Leatherneck for taking on this project.

Order of Operations:

Step 1: Wait :music_whistling:

Step 2: Wait some more :music_whistling:

Step 3: RTM: :book:

Step 4: :joystick:

Step 5: :pilotfly: WOOHOO !

Edited by IceFire
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

I appreciate your opinion but please try to be accurate in your critiscism.

There have been 5 major updates this year (2 F-14 Updates, 1 F-14 Announcement, 2 Monthly newsletters).

The more frequent updates won't begin until somewhere towards August as we announce the next two aircraft slated for release in 2015.

Thank you for your understanding of my point of view. However, I feel I have to make something clear.

Yes there were 5 major updates this year. Cancelling monthly newsletters while saying at the same time that there will be "more frequent" ones means to me that there are at least one in a months time or more. And 5 newsletter within almost 7 months are not more but less. Thats all I was saying.

I believe a major task of good public relations is to keep your customers informed. This also means to let them know whats going on even if there are no major big steps to inform. A newsletter in this case can also have 3 sentences, saying very short what is going on (coding XXX, new templates for XXX) and that there are nothing more to tell.

By simply doing so customer base feels closer to the producer. It's like when public transport is delayed. Thats annoying. But if you know why it feels better as it gives you the chance to understand why and to get the reasoning behind that delay.

So please don't feel "pissed" because of me. That's wasn't what I intended and I'm sorry if you are. However I should be free to say what I think.

And now that I know that the more frequent newsletters are anticipated to start in August (which I didn't know before and therefore thought this will start right after cancelling the monthly newsletters) I can live very well with that and looking forward to what's coming next.

Edited by KEULE

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Thank you for your understanding of my point of view. However, I feel I have to make something clear.

Yes there were 5 major updates this year. Cancelling monthly newsletters while saying at the same time that there will be "more frequent" ones means to me that there are at least one in a months time or more. And 5 newsletter within almost 7 months are not more but less. Thats all I was saying.

I believe a major task of good public relations is to keep your customers informed. This also means to let them know whats going on even if there are no major big steps to inform. A newsletter in this case can also have 3 sentences, saying very short what is going on (coding XXX, new templates for XXX) and that there are nothing more to tell.

By simply doing so customer base feels closer to the producer. It's like when public transport is delayed. Thats annoying. But if you know why it feels better as it gives you the chance to understand why and to get the reasoning behind that delay.

So please don't feel "pissed" because of me. That's wasn't what I intended and I'm sorry if you are. However I should be free to say what I think.

And now that I know that the more frequent newsletters are anticipated to start in August (which I didn't know before and therefore thought this will start right after cancelling the monthly newsletters) I can live very well with that and looking forward to what's coming next.

To get those mini updates you ask for, you can search for all posts by Cobra847, he is quite active dropping little updates a few times a week.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Patience!

This is their passion and they'll get it done eventually.

Ask yourself, if you were a developper doing something he loves but being focused on it, what kind of message would be an incentive to give news and continue working despite the difficulties?

A "pissed of - pissed of" relationship is not very enjoyable IMO...

@LN: Hey guys it's been a while since last update I hope you're doing well I support you all the way please give us some news, we're hungry for it.

BTW I can't even fly right now, instead I'm crunching some games I had in my steam backlog :D

I'm not pissed, apologies likewise if I sounded like that. :)

The monthly updates were cancelled in May.

Smaller, periodic updates are frequently posted on the forum, they might be buried in various threads.

We try to keep our updates meaningful and something that is guaranteed to be rich in information and/or imagery, thus we are not the biggest fans of small, official updates.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We try to keep our updates meaningful and something that is guaranteed to be rich in information and/or imagery, thus we are not the biggest fans of small, official updates.

Also, there is often not a whole lot to show, most of the systems work and coding is the heavy lifting of developing and therefore the WIP renders and things don't change to much until they textured and such.

A small update on where they're at is fine, and Cobra does do that quite a bit already. But you can't rush art! Having a schedule of periodic updates doesn't really work because things just take time. When they have something they do let us know, look that the history of the mig 21 development. These guys have shown they appreciate and value the community.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I gotta say though, there is set of questions I really, really, really want answered, and that's weapons and sensors. I know, they're not sure yet, but the sooner we know if we're getting LANTIRN integration (40k please :P ) and whether or not we'll get AMRAAMs the better.

I'd wager on you not getting AMRAAMs. They were never operationally deployed on F-14's.

Oh I'm fully aware of that. But the Grom can't work with the Sapphire radar, and the changes to the F-14 were minor for AMRAAM integration, it was only a budgetary reason they didn't get them. So I'm hoping we get another gameplay exception. :thumbup:

I'm hoping you won't. Fly it like it was, otherwise there's no realism. Technically F-15's didn't carry AIM-54's for budgetary reasons either. Get my drift?

The Grom needs some fixing too, it flies like a SARH, resulting in some ridiculous things happening.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I know, they're not sure yet, but the sooner we know if we're getting LANTIRN integration (40k please :P ) and whether or not we'll get AMRAAMs the better.

Why is knowing the answer sooner better?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would like it to be competitive in multiplayer, if it lacks a good medium range missile, it'll be a novelty, if it gets AMRAAM capability, we'll see some interesting air to air engagements.

Why is knowing the answer sooner better?

So we know what to expect. The capabilities of the aircraft will dictate what sort of mini missions i make for me and my friends. The sooner i find out what it can do, the sooner I can start tossing together little operations and refining them.

If your concern is how good it will be on 104th, I'm betting it will be the #1 fighter even if we include the upcoming EF2000 and Mirage 2k. It doesn't need AIM-120's.

Having a second person in the back seat is whats going to really make the F-14 shine, not by having 120s

Frisco1522

If your concern is how good it will be on 104th, I'm betting it will be the #1 fighter even if we include the upcoming EF2000 and Mirage 2k. It doesn't need AIM-120's.

I think it will all depend on how much will the Aim-54C be effective against other fighters. If you spent 80% of you're time at cold start and carrier take off procedures, and then came in to a duel and get blow up in no time by an Aim-120C or an R-27ET... I think people will quickly become bored getting killed all the time and switch to an F-15C or Su-27 (this is in multiplayer only). From my online experience people tend to fly very low and in between mountain ridges, and evade Aim-120's like crazy, Aim-120's that are being launched from 10-15nm. Maybe if the fight was over the sea it would a different story :D. Anyway my online experience is pretty limited, so I could be wrong.:smilewink: