SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

if anyone can give me a suggestion for a sound card, i would appreciate it. i need a sound card that will fit a PCIe 3.0x4 slot.

does it benefit me to get a 7.1 over a 5.1 channel?

No, a simple stereo card is good enough for the transducer/bass pump setup.

A simple USB sound card would be ok, though the cheap "dongle" solutions can produce a 50Hz feedback loop...

Either you try one out (ranging from $3 to $5) and see if it works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271785937150?lpid=106&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

or you invest a bit more and go for a shielded external card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-External-S-PDIF-Optical-Sound-Card-Channel-5-1-Box-DAC-Audio-For-PC-Laptop-/131626001548?hash=item1ea585648c:g:v-wAAOSwe7BWzWgE

Internal PC Cards should do the job as well, but is too much effort, unless you have good reason to omit USB external solutions.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

No, a simple stereo card is good enough for the transducer/bass pump setup.

A simple USB sound card would be ok, though the cheap "dongle" solutions can produce a 50Hz feedback loop...

Would a Behringer UAC202 be considered a "cheap dongle"?

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Would a Behringer UAC202 be considered a "cheap dongle"?

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

Definitely not. :)

External box, seperate volume control, so it should be more than good enough.

Again, the mini USB Dongle sticks are not bad in general, just depending on wiring and case design you may(!) get a 50Hz ground loop, at least I got one, when I tried the 5EUR Dongle stick I had lying around.

So if a friend got one, you can try with a headphone and check if it hums away or not. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hey Andrey,

Thanks again for your help. Another question, since I couldn't find an answer. Does Simshaker work in stereo. So if I have two transducers, will they behave differently i.e. the left turbine shuts off I get less vibration on the left transducer? :)

Thanks!

Edit: Ok, just found out its stereo. But how do I set it up? Do I need two amps for each Transducer?

Edited by elliott82

A-10C Increased Panel Text Size for VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172910

No, one Stereonamp that can power two separate transducers (like a normal stereo loudspeaker setup). Though stereo does not that much at the moment.

You can feel Bomb/weapon releases according to left/right wing and so on, but personally, unless you really build a pit or have two transducers lying around, I would consider mono setup as more than enough.

Just my personal oppinion, though.

But I must say especially fir choppers the VRS and ETL feedback in your butt is gorgeous.

WW II era planes, direct feedback from runway on contact... You will always notice when you are airborne or not.

A really great addition!

Shagrat

No, one Stereonamp that can power two separate transducers (like a normal stereo loudspeaker setup). Though stereo does not that much at the moment.

You can feel Bomb/weapon releases according to left/right wing and so on, but personally, unless you really build a pit or have two transducers lying around, I would consider mono setup as more than enough.

Just my personal oppinion, though.

But I must say especially fir choppers the VRS and ETL feedback in your butt is gorgeous.

WW II era planes, direct feedback from runway on contact... You will always notice when you are airborne or not.

A really great addition!

Hey Shagrat,

thanks for the info. I am planning on building a VR simseat:

http://imgur.com/a/Z1Hbw

and was thinking of this guy in conjunction with the simshaker software:

http://shop.reckhorn.net/product_info.php/en/500-amlifier-200-p-119?cPath=22&language=en

Would that work or is it overkill? In that case it wouldn't be stereo but oh well.

Thanks guys!

I think it would be overkill. ;)

Not that the equipment is bad, but it is intended for a Basement cinema experience and probably fine on a couch or large arm chair.

I use a cheap 12v car hifi amp with a 1.5A powersupply

(http://m.ebay.de/itm/331136590184) with 2 times Basspump III @ 4 ohm impedance!

The amp's volume is set at maybe 15% and still enough to give the subtle feedback I prefer.

So enough reserve to give you heavy vibrations... :)

The whole setup with amp, power supply, 2 Basspumps and an USB soundcard is between 80-90EUR (30EUR less if you go mono with one Basspump).

You can cut some cash, when using cheaper transducers, as they have them for about 12-15EUR on Ebay, but they overheat easier and don't last forever when heavily used for long periods of time.

I decided to buy the Basspump as it has proven itself for quite a while in cars, home cinema etc. and general feedback was very positive.

For the seat, consider a really tight connection to the seating plate. You want the transducer to give all its vibration energy to the plate.

So maybe use a harder wood here. The Basspump gets warm and needs air circulation so don't lock it into the seat assembly, too tight.

Maybe start with testing on a standard office chair.

Shagrat

I think it would be overkill. ;)

Not that the equipment is bad, but it is intended for a Basement cinema experience and probably fine on a couch or large arm chair.

I use a cheap 12v car hifi amp with a 1.5A powersupply

(http://m.ebay.de/itm/331136590184) with 2 times Basspump III @ 4 ohm impedance!

The amp's volume is set at maybe 15% and still enough to give the subtle feedback I prefer.

So enough reserve to give you heavy vibrations... :)

The whole setup with amp, power supply, 2 Basspumps and an USB soundcard is between 80-90EUR (30EUR less if you go mono with one Basspump).

You can cut some cash, when using cheaper transducers, as they have them for about 12-15EUR on Ebay, but they overheat easier and don't last forever when heavily used for long periods of time.

I decided to buy the Basspump as it has proven itself for quite a while in cars, home cinema etc. and general feedback was very positive.

For the seat, consider a really tight connection to the seating plate. You want the transducer to give all its vibration energy to the plate.

So maybe use a harder wood here. The Basspump gets warm and needs air circulation so don't lock it into the seat assembly, too tight.

Maybe start with testing on a standard office chair.

Hey,

ok then, I was just picturing myself doing my first gun run and my seat just exploding under my butt :D

I'll go back to the drawing board and try to put the transducers directly under the seat.

Thanks for the link. As I understand I'd need to split the soundcard output to their individual L + R channels and plug each of these into the two amps? With what cables do I split the signal?

Thank you!

Hey,

ok then, I was just picturing myself doing my first gun run and my seat just exploding under my butt :D

I'll go back to the drawing board and try to put the transducers directly under the seat.

Thanks for the link. As I understand I'd need to split the soundcard output to their individual L + R channels and plug each of these into the two amps? With what cables do I split the signal?

Thank you!

No, the small Car AMP is STEREO, already, just like your home stereo.. just a normal setup like you would do for stereo audio (L+R speaker), only the speakers are transducers in this case and attached to the seat.

Shagrat

Has anyone managed to get the jetseat to work with CloD yet?

I have tried Trick #1 as per the tips and tricks link below, but no joy :(

http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.co.uk/p/trick-1-if-youd-like-to-make-gametrix.html

I am driving myself mad trying to get this trick #1 to work and would just like to hear from anyone who has actually got it working in CloD (hearing from someone who has actually done it would be believing, LOL).

Most of my squad mates mainly fly CloD, but like me are dipping there toe in DCS. If I could conform to them that the jetseat also works in CloD as well as DCS it would help me convince them to get a jetseat too.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I am driving myself mad trying to get this trick #1 to work and would just like to hear from anyone who has actually got it working in CloD (hearing from someone who has actually done it would be believing, LOL).

Most of my squad mates mainly fly CloD, but like me are dipping there toe in DCS. If I could conform to them that the jetseat also works in CloD as well as DCS it would help me convince them to get a jetseat too.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I used JetSeat in both CloD and CloD TF4 mod. It worked similar to FFB joystik shake. Not too much effects, just gun fire, stall, touchdown, damage... But it worked. Currently I don't have CloD installed to check it once again. May be later.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used JetSeat in both CloD and CloD TF4 mod. It worked similar to FFB joystik shake. Not too much effects, just gun fire, stall, touchdown, damage... But it worked. Currently I don't have CloD installed to check it once again. May be later.

Thanks Andre, I must be missing something. Even the effects you mention above would be good for CloD for me :)

I know of a least one other person who has tried but not been able to get it to work with CloD either. I would like to be able to convince my mates to get the jetseat.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Thanks Andre, I must be missing something. Even the effects you mention above would be good for CloD for me :)

I know of a least one other person who has tried but not been able to get it to work with CloD either. I would like to be able to convince my mates to get the jetseat.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Do you use a FFB joystick?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Happy landings,

Talisman

I got it to work in CloD, but only in my second attempt.

Second time I downloaded and installed the FFB driver, and ticked "Alternative mode" it started working in 'fedit' and then in CloD.

However I only got gunfire effects at first.

When I unticked the "Alternative Mode" I suddenly got same effects as Andre in CloD.

But more testing needed.

("Normal" FFB mode puts a "GTX JetSeat" device in Windows and 'fedit'. "Alternative Mode" puts a "Gametrix Chaser" device.)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Second time I downloaded and installed the FFB driver, and ticked "Alternative mode" it started working in 'fedit' and then in CloD.

When I unticked the "Alternative Mode" I suddenly got same effects as Andre in CloD.

But more testing needed.

("Normal" FFB mode puts a "GTX JetSeat" device in Windows and 'fedit'. "Alternative Mode" puts a "Gametrix Chaser" device.)

Thanks for sharing that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But more testing needed.

I have tried all that but no joy. What is fedit and Chaser?

Did you have to change anything else to get it working? What are your other settings and are you using USB?

Why did you download a second time?

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png