SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

YES!!!!! Everything works again.

After months I'm finally back to SS.

Thank you for this update.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Received my Jetseat a couple of days ago and am very happy with it! It's a great addition to VR and increases immersion yet another notch.

Big Thank You to =Andre= and f4l0 :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I put a lot of work/time into the development of SimShaker recently. Stay tuned for something huge! :-)

To fire up the rumor mill, some ideas:

-CA ground unit support?

-Engine rumble on all aircraft?

-G-Force simulation with transducers?

:D :D :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello Andre,

You're making a great product and I wish you the best. I currently own and use a TFS3 seat, so I know just how important it is to feel this feedback. As I watch your development I see I will be buying one of your seats in the future. Every serious simmer should own one!

I wanted to ask if you think you'll be able to tie into any exports for a Vortex Ring stall. The seats can easily produce the textures to replicate the shaking screen cockpit if they could be linked. The data spy for my seat does not show (or request) exported data for that, and instead uses an airplane stall routine, not good for helos.

Other than me working on my TFS3 profile, the TFS3 is a dead project, so I know no one else to ask these questions to. Thanks again. I wish you the best and will be ordering in the future.

Oh, I'm also excited to try out your sound module with my bass shakers. Lot of work to do!

Edited by JG14_Smil

To fire up the rumor mill, some ideas:

-CA ground unit support?

-Engine rumble on all aircraft?

-G-Force simulation with transducers?

:D :D :D

I said huge :music_whistling:

I wanted to ask if you think you'll be able to tie into any exports for a Vortex Ring stall. The seats can easily produce the textures to replicate the shaking screen cockpit if they could be linked. The data spy for my seat does not show (or request) exported data for that, and instead uses an airplane stall routine, not good for helos.

Other than me working on my TFS3 profile, the TFS3 is a dead project, so I know no one else to ask these questions to. Thanks again. I wish you the best and will be ordering in the future.

Oh, I'm also excited to try out your sound module with my bass shakers. Lot of work to do!

Hmm, vortex ring stalls are simulated and feel veery noticeable. Especially for the Gazelle and Huey I can feel a subtle vibration even before the dashboard shake is obvious.

I use simshaker with transducers on my side...

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello Andre,

You're making a great product and I wish you the best. I currently own and use a TFS3 seat, so I know just how important it is to feel this feedback. As I watch your development I see I will be buying one of your seats in the future. Every serious simmer should own one!

Hi JG14_Smil,

thank you.

SimShaker features a dedicated to helos VRS effect, based on vertical and horizontal speed analysis. Many pilots marked it as a very helpfull.

• Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I may have found some bug with 1.1.1.48 version, and this one is very weird

For some strange reason whenever I run DCS using Oculus Rift CV1, when I start in mission on ground, I do not get ground bumps effects.

I am able to replicate every time... starting DCS (trunk testers version and testers beta version - Andrey would know which is which) without VR and effect works, starting with VR and it doesn't.

I have noticed also that when I start in VR, and roll on runway, there is no ground bumps effect, but when I take off and raise landing gear, then ground bumps effects IS PLAYED!

If you can figure this one out Andrey you're a champ... but as you don't have VR I don't know if you can replicate :(

EDIT:

now I find A-10A and A-10C gun effect doesn't work also (VR or no VR)

I can see in log that Gun Fire A-10A effect is there, but nothing in Visualisation Bar and nothing in ButtKicker. When I test the sound file, it plays fine.

I also don't have Afterburner and Speedbrake effect working.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Hi Edin,

thank you for the feedback.

Though it would be even more valuable at a beta stage ;)

I can see in log that Gun Fire A-10A effect is there, but nothing in Visualisation Bar and nothing in ButtKicker.
Could you please give me that log and the track?

I also don't have Afterburner and Speedbrake effect working.

Looks like SimShaker hasn't got some data from DCS World in your case.

Was it online or offline?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like I found the reason and fixed it... I suspected export.lua or some other files do not update in Testers and Trunk version, so I made a release DCS install, checked the files from release version and compared them to Testers and Trunk and they were different... copy/paste the files from public to testers version and checked... so far everything seems to work, in VR also.

So in a way you could say this was my fault as I should have known something like this could be the culprit as I remember from earlier cases that SimShaker updated DCS public version by default, and any other version needs to be updated manually (by copy/paste) the new files.

Cheers

Thank you, Edin.

In SimShaker we are trying to manage lua scripts automatically, but have found that it's not easy to flawlessly support all 5 DCS variants (release, Steam, beta, alpha and testers). Testers variant(s) is harder than the others to support. So, yes, there may be some issues that can be solved by file copy/paste. I am always ready to have a look at your scripts and configs to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries, the more people use your software, the more emails/posts you will have for support ;) I'm sure you have plenty on your plate and I hate to be the one with posts about me having issues. So it's all good.

I just updated to the latest patch for the sound module and the latest dcs patches - EVERYTHING WORKS! AWESOME job Andre and team! The ground FX work great and feel just as good as I was hoping they would. All effects work as well across 2.0/1.5Beta/1.5Stable with the Rift. I haven't tried it yet tossing the motion from my gseat/Simtools into the picture as well, but so far so good without it. Thanks so much guys!:thumbup::thumbup:

I just updated to the latest patch for the sound module and the latest dcs patches - EVERYTHING WORKS! AWESOME job Andre and team! The ground FX work great and feel just as good as I was hoping they would. All effects work as well across 2.0/1.5Beta/1.5Stable with the Rift. I haven't tried it yet tossing the motion from my gseat/Simtools into the picture as well, but so far so good without it. Thanks so much guys!:thumbup::thumbup:

Nice to hear that you like what we did :)

yay

Can't wait to try out the new version tonight!

I especially like the idea of mixing the game + simshaker sounds. gives you a nice constant engine rumble!

Dumb question, how do I update to the latest version? I can't find an auto updater. Should I uninstall the one I have and reinstall the newest?

Cheers!

A-10C Increased Panel Text Size for VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172910

Can't wait to try out the new version tonight!

I especially like the idea of mixing the game + simshaker sounds. gives you a nice constant engine rumble!

Dumb question, how do I update to the latest version? I can't find an auto updater. Should I uninstall the one I have and reinstall the newest?

Cheers!

Just start SimShaker twice (I mean start it, close it and start again). 1st time it will look if updates are available, 2nd time it will update.