SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

How does SSA support 5.1 sound files?   The sound files don't say FL FR RL RR, etc..  like I would expect. 

I have been trying out using the 5.1 Channels with SimShaker for Aviators with DCS.  While testing, the sound graph, which does show 6 channels, but it seems to only play in Stereo.  I opened a few of the sound files in Audacity and they do have 6 channels, but all 6 have the same wave form, or 3 have the same wave form and 3 have no wave.  Which would sound like Stereo, Left or Right

Also, what do these filenames represent?  _A, _B, _F...

hp_10_0_A.wav
hp_10_0_B.wav
hp_10_0_F.wav
hp_10_0_L.wav
hp_10_0_LH.wav
hp_10_0_LM.wav
hp_10_0_M.wav
hp_10_0_R.wav
hp_10_0_RH.wav
hp_10_0_RM.wav

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Andre so I uninstalled Simshaker Sound Module and Simshaker for Aviators and installed "beta SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.26" and "SimShaker for Aviators Beta Installer v2.2.2". beta SimShaker Sound Module still will not open please see below report from the "SimShaker Diagnostic Tool v.1.0"

2021/03/15 16:46:41 Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException
   at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.UserPrincipal.FindByIdentity(System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext, System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.IdentityType, System.String)
   at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.UserPrincipal.get_Current()
   at SimShaker_Sound_Module.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at SimShaker_Sound_Module.App.Main()

Search finished (Поиск завершен)

2 hours ago, fUnk3mUnk3 said:

Hi Andre so I uninstalled Simshaker Sound Module and Simshaker for Aviators and installed "beta SimShaker Sound Module Setup v 2.26" and "SimShaker for Aviators Beta Installer v2.2.2". beta SimShaker Sound Module still will not open please see below report from the "SimShaker Diagnostic Tool v.1.0"

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please try SimShaker Sound Module beta version 2.27 instead? You can get it here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZazqt_Ko-7galKu3GS5nKHTdUBTw?e=jszOra

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@=Andre=  Can you help with my 5.1 question that I posted above?  Thanks.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

1 hour ago, Snacko said:

@=Andre=  Can you help with my 5.1 question that I posted above?  Thanks.

It looks difficult to answer this combination of questions. Please excuse me. Please tell me what interests you the most?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

It looks difficult to answer this combination of questions. Please excuse me. Please tell me what interests you the most?

I'm confused as to what the 6 (5.1) channel option is used for?  This is confusing to explain what I mean.  For example, In a car simulator you can have a crash in the rear right of the car and only that rear right shaker will shake.  (Same for the other 3 corners of the car).  I use an app called SimVibe for my car sims.  So, I assumed SimShaker's 6 channel setting would do something similar? 

But it looks like all of the Flight sim sound effect files(My Documents\SimShaker Sound Module samples\Base\6\) in Simshaker are only either mono (all 6 channels play the same wave form), or stereo right (either channels 2, 4, 6), or stereo left (1, 3, 6) play the same wave form. 

If the 6 (5.1) option only does this, then I should just use the Stereo option.  So, I may not understand how 5.1 is used in Simshaker?

Thanks Sir for your time and help!

audacity_PaVwwsYErX.png

• Thanks 1

I see, thank you.

I'm not sure we elaborated damage effects so thoroughly. You may consider the default samples as placeholders and edit them, removing what you think is redundant.

Please bear in mind that such a space separation strictly depends on the SimShaker for Aviators ability to recognize the correct damage location and issuing the appropriate command to play a correspondent sample.

If you manage to make significant progress on this, please share with the community here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.  I was also wondering if DCS exported any Front or Rear data?  Of if in SSA f4l0 had to decide which events made sense to use Front or Rear and do this himself.  

It appears to me that 6 (5.1) and SSA will not separate effects to each channel in DCS or other Flight sims.  Possibly because they don't have effects that need it, except for a very few events.  Possibly Rear when the AfterBurner kicks on?  Weapons hit your aircraft from different directions?  

I will ask f4l0 to read this post and comment.  

Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snacko said:

Thanks.  I was also wondering if DCS exported any Front or Rear data?  Of if in SSA f4l0 had to decide which events made sense to use Front or Rear and do this himself.  

I think that the whole thing is distributed between the SSA and the SSM.  The SSA is a commander in chief.

The SSM is a kind of a private. It's not very much intelligent. But it's a kind of a "last mile" where you can make some changes to the channels content.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damage location detection is black magic. There are no general/standard variables/ways in DCS to detect where you are hit. Thus, I would have to go trough all plane models and through all of the hundreds of variables of each model test and code this. That is not doable for me...

• Thanks 1

Understood!  I will go back to Stereo for the channels since 6 channels is not useful at this time.

Curious?....  Have either of you had anyone else use 6 (5.1) for anything?  Maybe for Wheels?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, BigBen_JM said:

I Have a setup with 2 bass shakers, but only 1 is under my seat, the other is under my pedals. The manual states the default is 2 shakers under the seat, so how do I adjust this to my setup ?

Thanks in advance,

Joost

You are supposed to edit samples accordingly to your preferences (I have no idea what you'd like to have under the seat and what - under the pedals). Base information about samples editing is presented in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SimShaker Sound Module, or Simshaker for Aviators, one of the two isn't working, because I frequently get zero rumble in my seat from my buttkicker gamer 2. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I can see in the verbose log that it is receiving data from DCS, but nothing is coming out of the buttkicker. Checking the buttkicker with regular audio works fine, so it's not the device.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

SimShaker Sound Module, or Simshaker for Aviators, one of the two isn't working, because I frequently get zero rumble in my seat from my buttkicker gamer 2. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I can see in the verbose log that it is receiving data from DCS, but nothing is coming out of the buttkicker. Checking the buttkicker with regular audio works fine, so it's not the device.

You can always test the SimShaker Sound Module with its test button.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it will work, but then once I've started DCS it no longer seems to be sending a signal to the sound card, as I get no response from the buttkicker, even though I can see it's receiving data from DCS via the verbose log. 

It is entirely possible that it has something to do with my VR headset. I've been having the WMR loud static hissing bug a lot lately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Yeah, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it will work, but then once I've started DCS it no longer seems to be sending a signal to the sound card, as I get no response from the buttkicker, even though I can see it's receiving data from DCS via the verbose log. 

It is entirely possible that it has something to do with my VR headset. I've been having the WMR loud static hissing bug a lot lately.

I guess that enabling VR may change sound output devices list at your PC. In such a case you will probably need to re-select the sound card in the SimShaker Sound Module settings.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The BF-109 doesn't export flaps movement. Everxthing else, and other warbirds work well but the 109 won't.

The logging with the SSA show nothing when the flaps are activated.

Probably just one line in a certain .lua but I don't know where to look.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

53 minutes ago, Hiob said:

The BF-109 doesn't export flaps movement. Everxthing else, and other warbirds work well but the 109 won't.

The logging with the SSA show nothing when the flaps are activated.

Probably just one line in a certain .lua but I don't know where to look.

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators. Please refer to this thread [Official] SimShaker for Aviators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=Andre= is there a proper way to set volume using SSM? Meaning if I use the first selection of the “test” and it’s set to 50%, does that 50% correlate to the amount of vibration in game with SSA? So 50% in SSA will equal 50% vibration from using the test in SSM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick question as i have been trawling for this thread and still need clarity. Is the following correct?

Simshaker for Aviators -  uses normal game sounds to generate vibrations.

Sound module - uses discreet sounds generated by specific dcs events via export.lua. 

You require both.

I intend to run over my onboard realtek sound card and use USB headset / G2 headset for audio. I presume this will work?

11 hours ago, Campbell said:

=Andre= is there a proper way to set volume using SSM? Meaning if I use the first selection of the “test” and it’s set to 50%, does that 50% correlate to the amount of vibration in game with SSA? So 50% in SSA will equal 50% vibration from using the test in SSM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Test volume slider affects effects caused by pressing the Test button ONLY.

If you enable the Boost option, its slider will affect every effects.

38 minutes ago, funkster said:

Quick question as i have been trawling for this thread and still need clarity. Is the following correct?

Simshaker for Aviators -  uses normal game sounds to generate vibrations.

No, this is not correct. SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 doesn't use the games sounds at all.

Sound module - uses discreet sounds generated by specific dcs events via export.lua. 

A kind of that.

I intend to run over my onboard realtek sound card and use USB headset / G2 headset for audio. I presume this will work?

I don't know. You can try it with the SimShaker Sound Module demo mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]