Additional FC3 Style Aircraft

Wizard_03

id rather see the f-16 as a full fledged sim since theres bound to be enough info on it

now as a compromise i think the jap F-2 would be an awesome FC3 addition :D DCS is in serious need of some east asian birds

• Like 1

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

F-16 should be a full DCS module. Too popular and too versatile to be given a 1/2 measure place as a FC3 module. Personally, I'd love to see an F-117A.

I wouldn't think it would be that hard considering the truly classified information had to do with the airframe and exterior coatings. Most of the avionics were off the shelf except for the FLIR / DLIR and how they worked together.

Purely a strike aircraft for nighttime missions...but with all of the Soviet SAMs available...and CA, itd be fun to build a map with a ton of anti air and a high value target that needs bombing!

I'd but it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

F-16 should be a full DCS module. Too popular and too versatile to be given a 1/2 measure place as a FC3 module. Personally, I'd love to see an F-117A.

I wouldn't think it would be that hard considering the truly classified information had to do with the airframe and exterior coatings. Most of the avionics were off the shelf except for the FLIR / DLIR and how they worked together.

Purely a strike aircraft for nighttime missions...but with all of the Soviet SAMs available...and CA, itd be fun to build a map with a ton of anti air and a high value target that needs bombing!

I'd but it

Agree. The F-117 could be a bit niche in terms of only being used for night time precision strike but would be great fun to fly!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I think the current MiG-29K should be quite a bit more advanced than SM, but I may be wrong.

It would definitely be cool to see it in game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I for one would definitely like to see more FC3 level aircraft added to the sim. Under one condition though, that they all feature the advanced or professional flight modeling. On rails SFM is not my cup of tea :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I, too, prefer FC3 systems-type modeling with the most realistic flight models possible. This is simply because clickable cockpits are extremely unrealistic. Unless you have the time, skill, and money to build your own cockpit with workable switches, I find using a mouse to find and click a myriad of switches is way unrealistic. The FC3-style aircraft strike a good balance here, taking into account real-life and the nature of simulation. To me, flight models are the most important thing to get right. I'm an F-15 guy so I would love to see more weapons-system, data link, and radar mode modeling... but I'm not interested in swinging a mouse all over the virtual cockpit to set my counter-measures or airconditioning. :-)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I for one would definitely like to see more FC3 level aircraft added to the sim. Under one condition though, that they all feature the advanced or professional flight modeling. On rails SFM is not my cup of tea :)

same here, i have zero desire for a sfm plane, never tried any of them that are sfm

im for you guys getting f-117 but id rather get a multirole (cough Mitsubishi f-2 cough) or air superiority , i think we need to mix it up with these f-15s owning the day. but we have to wait i imagine for them to finish the mig29 and su33 before that

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

you guys have great memory I assume ;) without clickable cockpit I will need to re-learn all the mappings with each game start :)

what I would like to see, is the balance - always release DCS level with FC3 level airplane - so everyone can buy what one prefers.

E.g. I still dont understand why there is no FC3 MiG21bis etc.

I'd be ok with FC3 modules under following conditions :

- DCS module is out of question.

- Flight model is at least AFM, and realistic as possible, no SFM for me.

- Weaponry and sensor performances are real, and not guesstimated (unless it's a very old what if type of aircraft which didn't had full development of it's sensors, than some guesstimation could be ok).

- Pricing is somewhat less than a full DCS module (considering modules that feature same number of aircraft).

This way, we can get access to some of interesting but hard to do in a full sim type aircraft from 4th and 3rd generations, without compromising much in level of realism. Another benefit may be to bring different versions of DCS aircraft in FC3 type modeling, which could have been too cost ineffective to do in full hardcore fashion.

I'd dislike it incase of :

- Aircraft and systems so classified that flight and / or weapon systems is more guesstimated than researched&simulated. That can lead to UFOs, and make-believe experiences.

- FC3 modules of aircraft where same version is available as a full DCS module.

- FC3 module with a pricing same as or more than DCS modules.

- FC3 module development becoming a cash cow and casting a shadow on much more labour intensive DCS module development.

In any case, I'd prefer any hypotethical new FC3 type modules to be not too great in number.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I've got every single F-15C system/feature mapped with just two Cougar MFDs and my Rhino HOTAS. My MFDs' buttons are all labeled, so the only memorization is the buttons/switches on my hotas. :-)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Su-33 PFM please , carrier landing and AA refueling.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

This will be interesting. Though heavier than the 27, I wonder if the canards on the 33 will give it slightly better high-AOA performance.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I believe it is.

Su-33 is the only carrier ready plane we have now. ED should put the max on it to fight hornet.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Tornado F3 would be great you're right!!!

But the GR4 is my childhood sweetheart! I've said a few times on this forum that when a DCS GR4 comes out (or GR1), I will hang up my Air to Air gloves for good!

I'll be killing people on runways and in hangers instead :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I believe it is.

Su-33 is the only carrier ready plane we have now. ED should put the max on it to fight hornet.

;2431743']FC3 Tornado GR4 please while I wait for a DCS Tornado GR4 :D

I'm throwing money at the screen, but nothing's happening!!! :joystick:

;2431801']Tornado F3 would be great you're right!!!

But the GR4 is my childhood sweetheart! I've said a few times on this forum that when a DCS GR4 comes out (or GR1), I will hang up my Air to Air gloves for good!

Right up to the point where your mission is a JP233 run against an airfield protected by a couple of Tunguska. That would ruin the pilots' day in a hurry :(

In all seriousness, I'd dearly love to see this. ED, make it so! :D

Right up to the point where your mission is a JP233 run against an airfield protected by a couple of Tunguska. That would ruin the pilots' day in a hurry :(

Not if the ALARMs rocket down from their parachutes the moment they light up their radars... :-)

They won't. Tunguska's don't need to light up any radars. There are reasons why ALARM is being phased out, and we can only guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

THaros can you say if FC3 family will grow up with 1 or 2 moe fighters?

;2431801']Tornado F3 would be great you're right!!!

Ditto:thumbup:

If you need a navigator let me know.:matrix: