Airmobile Air Assault Event: UH1+Mi-8+Ka-50

Charly_Owl

Athough the idea of a night mission is a great idea in practice in my experience it just multiplies the **** ups exponentially times by the number of players ingame:music_whistling:

IMHO an early morning start time would be optimum or dusk so a 3 hour mission will end at night:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a short preview of the briefing. The full version of the briefing (and mission file) will be uploaded on Tuesday or Wednesday in a new forum topic. The sign-up will be done in the newest thread.

The name of the Airmobile mission is Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

V4ocSUp.png

frgnOGj.jpg

uAAYwUS.png

Make sure you start practicing your night flying and hovering. We will be operating in difficult conditions against considerable odds.

The gunships (and Ka-50 pilots) will be excessively important this time since they will be spearheading the rescue mission and guiding the slicks. There will be many, many things trying to kill you.

Edited by Charly_Owl

This looks challenging! Count me in!

Preferably in a Huey but i am competent in the Mi-8 and so can fly one if you are short of Hip pilots. I am happy to fly either slicks or gunships, again experienced with both.

Thanks again for organising this chuck.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Can anyone recommend a good NVG mid for the Huey?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Thanks chuck, will check it out.

Does DCS model any IR lighting or IR/glint tape on aircraft?

Thanks chuck, will check it out.

Does DCS model any IR lighting or IR/glint tape on aircraft?

I know there are NVG position lights on the Huey. I know the selector switch is clickable. However... I don't know if we really see the lights with the NVG goggles since you need another guy to try it with. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;)