FOB RANGER

The Afghan style FOB I have been working on, FOB RANGER, is now complete and so please see below. The FOB is a single group template in the attached mission, so open the mission, click on the FOB RANGER Group and save it as a template so you can place it wherever you like and rotate it.

I have also put together a mod pack which supports it. The mod pack includes mods by Ranger79 and Lilkiki (a big thank you to them for their great work) and a few of my own. The Mod Pack is JSGME ready. Unfortunately the mod pack use the same folders as many texture mods and so JSGME will not install both at the same time. So if you want to use this FOB with a texture mod (say Starway's Desert 3.0) simple copy all of the files in the FOB Mod Pack into the texture mod you want to use ensuring you keep the same file structure.

Please follow this link below to the Mod Pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpurkubr37g0bvu/FOB%20RANGER%20Mod%20Pack.zip?dl=0

The MOD pack also includes all of the modern U.S vehicles and Insurgent vehicles created by Ranger79 to help mission building.

The FOB has over 100 objects but doesn't hit FPS too hard. If you are having issues with FPS then I recommend deleting the barbed wiring, followed by the soldiers and then followed by the vehs.

There are a couple of issues with the vehs which mean the sight doesn't work correctly when using combined arms. This only applies to some vehs, not all.

The vehs, infantry and mortars are part of the FOB group and so cannot be control by CA as they are (you can't send a command to the whole FOB at once!) so if you do want to use the FOB for CA, you will have to delete the units you want to use and them re-insert as part of separate group.

For increased immersion, I recommend setting some patrol paths for the soldiers and vehs in mission editor. The chicane entry control point (ECP) has been designed and tested so the vehs can drive out of it without driving through walls.

Please see below for a few screenshots.

I hope someone can get some use out this in their missions.

Jacks

Screenshots:

attachment.php?attachmentid=120969&d=1440959353attachment.php?attachmentid=120974&d=1440959496

attachment.php?attachmentid=120977&d=1440959770

FOB RANGER.miz

Edited by Jacks
  • Like 1

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Link to Mod Pack now updated.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Great work just a couple questions.

Is it possible to reduce the brightness of the FARP lights and are we supposed to remove CH47 cause its quite tight getting in with a huey:)

Screen_150901_115302.jpg

Screen_150901_115351.jpg

Screen_150901_115526.jpg

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes delete the CH-47. The chinook is not part of the template, just eye candy which means when you move the FOb to your desired location, the chinook will not move with it.

Are you using the mod pack as I am wondering why the ISO containers are not showing in your screenshots. - I will check that tonight.

Red the lights, I will look at the LZ lights .lua tonight but I am sure LIlkiki will provide an answer before I do.

Jacks

Yes delete the CH-47. The chinook is not part of the template, just eye candy which means when you move the FOb to your desired location, the chinook will not move with it.

Are you using the mod pack as I am wondering why the ISO containers are not showing in your screenshots. - I will check that tonight.

Red the lights, I will look at the LZ lights .lua tonight but I am sure LIlkiki will provide an answer before I do.

Jacks

Jacks thanks for reply. I just moved the template with Starways Vietnam mod creating a FOB at the A shau valley and saw the chinook had gone.

RE containers I figured I would probably have all the mods in the 229th Objects pack. Ok I d/l yours now:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cib,

I have just tested the mod pack and it seems to work with the ISO containers and cargo showing. Are you use the mod pack I have linked or different ones?

Is anyone else having this problem?

On the LZ light front, I have checked the lua file and I can't see a line of code to control light intensity so it may be hardcoded into the model. LIlkiki created the lights so is your best port of call.

Jacks

Cib, download my mod and if you want you can simply copy the following fils into the 229th Vietnam mod (or even 229th Combined Objects Mod) file structure and it should work (these are the only mods bespoke to the FOB):

In the Mods/tech folder:

Cargo (lua file)

CargoContainer - Brown (lua file)

CargoContainer (lua file)

In the Mods/tech/Shapes folder:

Cargo.EDM

konteiner_brown_mod.EDM

konteiner_white_mod.EDM

The mod pack consists of these three mods, the Ranger79 mod pack and the LZ Lights mod by Lilkiki.

Hope that helps.

Jacks

Edited by Jacks

Had great fun trying different locations and seasons with this today.

Slight alteration is the addition of a NATO T FARP and swapping the lights till I get an answer from Lilkiki. Hope this doesn't offend mate;)

Screen_150901_181429.jpg

Screen_150901_181554.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No offence taken, glad you are enjoying it!

The reason I went for the lights was that it can be used for night flying.

I designed the FOB so that people can easily add and take away as they please.

Once the new mission editor is release I will build another, maybe a bit smaller.

• Like 1

Very nice!

The main reason I built this was because I am keen on the Afganistan scenario and I wanted a base that only had one HLS for multiplayer so if squadrons use it online one can land at a time while the others flŷ a traffic pattern around the FOB. Should make for some interesting troop pickups!

Thanks Lilkiki!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you can't. DCS does not yet allow you to place flyable aircraft away from FARPs or airfields.

• Like 1

Man that fob looks great, and I have a question. I'm developing a several missions for a campaign I'm designing. Now there's is one mission in said campaign where a FOB falls under heavy enemy attack where the enemy actually breaks thru friendly lines creating a broke arrow situation. Triggering a call for all CAS aircraft in the area. With planes flying in from everywhere. Now my question is can the fob be designed as a very large scale FOB or is it just a template of one size?

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)