[CLOSED] Oculus Rift - Rift view washed out

RoyMi6

Sorry, not sure of the best place to put this - please move as required.

When running DCS with the Oculus Rift, the view in the Rift is less saturated in colour than when playing without the Rift.

Taking a screenshot of the desktop makes this very obvious as side by side it's a lot clearer in the mirrored version on your desktop.

XCworUC.png

Window 8.1

NVida GTX980 - 355.98 Drivers

Oculus Rift Runtime: 0.6.0.1 - Extended Mode

Same. Looks terrible

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Thanks for reporting this. Washed out for me too.

Windows 10.

GTX 970 with 355.98 drivers.

Oculus Runtime 7.0

edit - Non-Steam version.

Edited by latearrival

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

It is worth playing indeed. It is not production ready and bugged,yes. I play on my monitor most of the time, yes. But worth playing it is, it is on of the best virtual reality experiences right now!

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Ok I was able to fix brightness by using Nvidia options on 6.0.1 but, now I get the tilt or roll issue is really frustrating to have this great playable performance, but it is all washed out on 7.0, so I guess we wait. I know it is beta but damn I been waiting what seems like forever.

Why is the ground so lit up at night?

Just tried flying around at 2am in the morning and was hoping to see nothing but the stars and lights from the buildings below. However, I was a bit disappointed to see the whole of the ground lit up like it was day in a glowing green. At some point wouldn't most of the ground be black from darkness apart from city lights? Does anyone know what season and time to set to make most of the ground black with just the city lit up? I tried this using the Oculus Rift, but I'll try it without the Rift if I can achieve this. But why is the ground lit up green so much?