Black Shark upgrade installation problem

ezfox

Hi,

i own DCS:Black Shark on DVD and also the "DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade (download version)".

I did install the DCS World 1.5 Beta today and want to install the "Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2" as can be found on the DCS website ( http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade/ ).

The problem is, that the installer rejects the installation, because:

"DCS World 1.2.16.43180 has to be installed"

How can i fix this issue ?

Thx & rgds, Enrico

Edited by ezfox

I too have this problem, I upgraded from 1 to BS2 and don't have an install key of BS1 available. I get the error message that BS1 needs to be activated first...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Although the module installs with dcs_updater install KA50, it won't accept my upgrade BS1 to BS2 key. It won't install via dcs_updater KA50bs1 as it says it needs to be activated first.

So, although the BS2 is now installed, I can't fly it but only look at it from the F2 view....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

so i had 1.2.6XXXX still installed and made a fresh install of 1.5. Went to 1.2.6 folder D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50 and pasted the KA-50 folder as is to the 1.5 D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50 and loaded it up and clicked install int he module manager. it updated the module to 1.5 and VIOLA it worked. Hope it helps.

If this helps. I had the d/l version of BS1.1 but no key. I send support a ticket which was answered with my key within 24 hours, installed and activated bs1.1 then upgraded to bs2 via module manager. Worked flawlessly. This is with OB 1.5

I hope you get the same results:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No matter what I try, nothing seems to work. My support ticket isn't getting answered so I'll send another mail..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on getting mine solved.

ED support did a teamviewer session with me this evening, the two guys were not able to solve the issue so they're bringing in a programmer to help out.

I have another session for tomorrow night, will keep you posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I try to install the original black shark 1 dvd and the install crashes hard when I click install...

The only way out is to reboot the PC as the installer process will not end... even when I try to end process in task manager...

Windows 7 64 Ultimate

DCS World Beta 1.5 installed

Also when I click to lunch the open beta it tries to download an update but then fails with the error /../Appdata/uodate.exe is being used by another process... (something like that)

Edited by Boneski

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

so i had 1.2.6XXXX still installed and made a fresh install of 1.5. Went to 1.2.6 folder D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50 and pasted the KA-50 folder as is to the 1.5 D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50 and loaded it up and clicked install int he module manager. it updated the module to 1.5 and VIOLA it worked. Hope it helps.

I tried this, but then DCS 1.5 hangs at a black screen on startup before I get to the initial menu screen.

I still think they should replace our BS upgrade versions to BS2. Would be so much better for everyone.

Sure. As long as they send me a refund for my BS2 full version key.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Really?........still no fix or decision/answer from ED about this. An official answer/explanation on/of this problem would be welcome about now. I really don't want to sound negative (like some neigh sayers around this forum) but can we have some feedback regarding this or a straight answer whether we should give up and just (not that easy for some) buy BS2 full version. Please ED we would appreciate that. Thanx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Thinks are still not looking up...

Having had the guys from the ED support staff on my PC with a Teamviewer session, my case was "interesting" and they needed to get a programmer to look at my problem.

In the end, here's what they proposed I should do, because the thought it was a user-issue, e.g. the activated BS1 was installed under another user or system profile then the BS2.

Ok, so I did exactly what they asked me to do:

Deactivate BS1

Deactivate BS2

Deinstall BS1

Deinstall DCS world.1.2.16

Reinstall BS1

Activate BS1

Reinstall DCS world 1.2.16

Activate BS in the module manager

Low and behold! the same error message appears. Where previously, I was able to fly the Black Shark in 1.2.16 but not in Openbeta, I'm now in the situation where I can't fly the Black Shark at all!

Hope it gets sorted...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]