• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Has anyone successfully used a webcam mic for voice control rather than a headset mic? I find that the volume settings I need for Teamspeak with my headset mic don't work very well with voice control, so I thought maybe using a separate mic on a webcam might work better.

I've got a PS3 Eye webcam which is supposed to have a good mic array but unfortunately the Windows driver doesn't allow you to adjust the gain, so it's much too quiet to work. I thought of getting a Logitech C270 HD Webcam to try instead but I don't want to waste money if it is unlikely to work. I've been meaning to build a small circuit to improve my headset mic volume/quality, so that might make it work better with voice control and TS at the same time.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Happy new year to all.

I'll be glad to put out more profiles, such as for the M2000C, but we may need to get some kind of funding in place. For each profile that I create I need to buy the module even if I never fly it, so it could get financially painful :music_whistling: I'm considering creating a Paypal donation button or something like that, other suggestions welcome also. Stay tuned!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hey guys,

Happy new year to all.

I'll be glad to put out more profiles, such as for the M2000C, but we may need to get some kind of funding in place. For each profile that I create I need to buy the module even if I never fly it, so it could get financially painful :music_whistling: I'm considering creating a Paypal donation button or something like that, other suggestions welcome also. Stay tuned!

Hollywood

HNY 2U2

I'd be happy to support your efforts.

As someone (not a programmer) who never got past Conditional Statements in Voice Attack programming I really do appreciate someone else doing the hard bits ... ;)

p.s.

Looking forward to a VIACOM V2.0 MiG-15bis.vap :joystick:

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

And a tip for those using the .ahk script for their joysticks;

I've changed the .ahk script to use the "hidden" F keys. I think it's something I picked up from one of PeterP's posts, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, you can use keys from F13 through to F24, even though your physical keyboard only have F1 to F12.

This way you won't have any conflicts in DCS what so ever.

This is a very smart approach.

I want to achieve the same thing as You.

I already have heavy usage on the numpad with other mods and would like to use the non-visible F-keys.

How did you map the F-keys in VoiceAttack? Since the keys are not on the keyboard, I have a hard time pressing them :doh:

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Hi,

I'm trying to use VAICOM without any success at the moment. I can see in the log windows that the commands are recognized but with no effect inside the game. I think that VAICOM is sending the wrong code for the menu, that is "\", since it does not appear at any moment. The only command I could get to work was the "Start Mission". I think it is important to say that I'm using a spanish keyboard. DCS recognizes "\" when I hold the key "ç", but I don't have a direct imput for "\".

Any help could be appreciated.

Thank's in advance.

Have you read Non-US International keyboards.txt (which can be found from first page of this thread)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

--- currently accepting donations ---

@astiles Please check Iku's suggestion and send me a PM if I can help with anything else - thanks

@all I managed (I think :lookaround:) to put up a Paypal donation button on the first post. Let's see if it works.

Your contribution will help me to get more VAICOM profiles created for other DCS aircraft, so much appreciated.

If sufficient funds are in: next up will be the Mirage 2000C!

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thank you for your wonderful profile. I tried and i see that both the software and your profiles are impressive.

Unfortunately my only problem is that my pc don't recognize me very well...as i am not english native speaker. In windows i turned on the option to recognice non native accents but it did not work well anyway.

For example if i say "atc imbound" 80% of the times it recognizes "eight Dessi imbound" and many other strange phrases :)

So for now it don't work so well but it is all my fault.

Has someone some advice for this problem?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thank you for your wonderful profile. I tried and i see that both the software and your profiles are impressive.

Unfortunately my only problem is that my pc don't recognize me very well...as i am not english native speaker. In windows i turned on the option to recognice non native accents but it did not work well anyway.

For example if i say "atc imbound" 80% of the times it recognizes "eight Dessi imbound" and many other strange phrases :)

So for now it don't work so well but it is all my fault.

Has someone some advice for this problem?

Thanks

vincent_dimicco take a look http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/add-or-edit-words-in-the-speech-dictionary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

I'll give it a try.. Thanks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I keep getting this... Followed the note for 1.5... Nothing..

Windows 10, DCS 1.5.2, Voice Attack 1.5.8.14 (prerelease).. Also tried release version.

0:02:47 - Listening suspended

0:02:47 - Shortcut : 'Transmit AUTO released'

0:02:46 - Listening suspended

0:02:46 - Ready for commands.

0:02:46 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

0:02:46 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

0:02:46 - Easy Communications is True

0:02:46 - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

These files do not exist...

I have reinstalled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs: i5 8600K | GTX 1080 Ti | 16 GB DDR4 | 4x SSD | Samsung Odyssey VR

Peripherals: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | 4x Bassshakers

Modules: A-4E | A-10C | F-14B | F-15C | Ka-50 | Su-25A | Su-27 | Su-33 | F/A-18C | P-51D | Mi-8MTV2

I keep getting this... Followed the note for 1.5... Nothing..

Windows 10, DCS 1.5.2, Voice Attack 1.5.8.14 (prerelease).. Also tried release version.

These files do not exist...

I have reinstalled.

Hi

Use only VA release version, there are issues with current beta. These URI messages are irrelevant on desktop, they should be gone after loading mission data with Start Mission voice command, see manual. Run VA as admin. More info in the thread.

Good luck and let me know how it goes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C1905 met Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

How does Viacom work when whartsell has said that his Static ATC mod is not compatible with DCS ver 1.5? See last post here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138994&highlight=voice+attack&page=3

As whartsell says it mostly works in 1.5.2/2.0a.

I've not noticed any problems, except perhaps for a duplication in the \ Options dropdown list.

Viacom doesn't appear to mind though. :thumbup:

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hello All

I've been having a problem with VAICOM. I installed with voice attack yesterday, and did everything by the book as far as I can see. When I tested after installing, everything seemed to work perfectly.

Come today, and its a different story. I'm starting up in the easy instant action mission. I instruct 2 to engage ground target using the UHF PTT, but as soon as I try the rejoin command, I get booted to and outside view of myself.

I read the part in here about the US and Int KB's and went through those steps too, even though my KB is set to US.

Can't understand why yesterday it was fine, and today I cant string two commands together.

Any help would surely ease my sanity ;)

J

Have you done User Guide page 7 things..if I remember right if you don't clear F11 (or F12) then you could go in situtation what you said...

Keybinds:

o IMPORTANT: remove any keybind for F12 key (normally this is Static View).

o For safety remove F11 keybind also

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: M-2000C ---

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: M-2000C ---

Le Mirage est arrive! Join me in a big word of thanks to those who donated.

Please keep it coming to enable support for more modules.

Download the M-2000C profile here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1707357/

Enjoy!

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com