Mig21 landing in DCS 1.5 kind of easy.

DaveRindner

Seems to me that landing in DCS 1.5 is easy(er). I have not had a bent gear yet, and I have landed with heavy fuel. So is this now more realistic, i.e. less prone to VV gear damage, or less realistic.

I have owned the 21 since release, never really flew it and just decided to get into it...

I find it very difficult to land properly. Seems like that when I get close to the runway my fps goes down the drain as well... so far I'm hitting 6 out of 10... Still a ways to go.

Seems to me that landing in DCS 1.5 is easy(er). I have not had a bent gear yet, and I have landed with heavy fuel. So is this now more realistic, i.e. less prone to VV gear damage, or less realistic.

Hard to say. Maybe you are just getting better at it?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I have to say I've not flown 'my' MiG21 since v1.5 (no time) but I've noticed (placebo or not) that all the planes I have flown seem a lot smoother and 'easier' at landing. Maybe it just better frame rates/updating that makes it feel more natural?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

I fly the MiG-21 a lot (like ~65-75% of my DCS time) and I didn't notice a change with DCS1.5.

In fact, I had been spending sometime learning the BF109 and FW190 so I didn't land the MiG for about a week. My first landing I wasn't very diligent about watching my approach speed, got a bit slow at the threshold and bent the left mainmount on touch down...it's still pretty easy to do on my machine at least. ;)

-Nick

The bigger FPS in 1.5 makes a good landing be even better. I firstly installed 1.5 on an HDD and each time I landed some noise/stuff was loaded and I got freezes in all modules... needles to say I bent a lot of gears... At some point I gave up, I uninstalled BF4 and installed 1.5 on one of the SSDs :D .

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The bigger FPS in 1.5 makes a good landing be even better. I firstly installed 1.5 on an HDD and each time I landed some noise/stuff was loaded and I got freezes in all modules... needles to say I bent a lot of gears... At some point I gave up, I uninstalled BF4 and installed 1.5 on one of the SSDs :D .

Do you notice any performance difference with SSD apart from loading times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

Do you notice any performance difference with SSD apart from loading times?

No freezes on loading stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I seem to have better landings, but it might just me getting better at it. Right at around 350 km/h the jet seems to fall, regardless of AoA. My landings are better if I come in a little bit lower than what the PRMG glideslope tells me to do.

Are you using full flaps and keeping your engine above ~75% RPM? The sink rate at 350km/h is okay so long as you make sure that the BLC system is operating properly.

I fly the MiG-21 for almost a year now and the only way I can bent the gear or crash at landing is by taking too much beer! Its hard at the beginning but with a lot of practice you can land with crossWind easily.

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

Are you using full flaps and keeping your engine above ~75% RPM? The sink rate at 350km/h is okay so long as you make sure that the BLC system is operating properly.

I had to google search BLC system, ha. I land just fine now, I use flaps and good throttle now. Just thought it was the speed as a few times in the past I did a nice prang on the 2 rear gear wheels when I was afraid Id run out of runway and reduced throttle from what seemed like a few feet above runway, but was probably like 50ft. Good to know, though.

I confirm that Mig-21 FM has dramatically changed in the 1.5

I did my first '21 flight after a few month break. That was a late night patrol with a buddy and when returning, we took the opportunity to train instrument landing.

I did an instrument approach, and at some point, my aircraft start wobbling. I check speed. 250kph. My finger immediately reached for Ctrl+E but instinctively I checked sinkrate, which was still perfect. I was on the glide, without much trouble, at 250kph, with some light crosswind.

Before 1.5, having your needle down to 300 at landing would result in a an insta-death.