3 Screen Config issue?

pimp

Hi All,

I have a res of 6020X1080 with bezel correction. When I move my head vertically with TrackIR, the side monitor's view looks weird, to me at least. They move vertically also. See pic below. Is this normal? I've noticed the stretch effect on the side monitors is no longer present, which I like, but is this effect intended?

Thanks in advance!!!

Screen_151102_153850_zpsocbgxqi0.jpg~original

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Wow. Thanks a lot for the quick replies. That worked. Should be set to 1 screen. Unfortunately, the stretch effect on the side monitors is present.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

3 Screen Profile is currently set at a 90 Degree offset for each screen, so when you look up, side screens are expended to be to the left/right of your head.

it's been this way since DCS 1.1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

multiple viewports work like this:

3 viewports (left/front/right) each have specified FoV Lets say this FoV is set to 60°.

The center viewport is set to view 30° left and right from the center.

The left viewport is set to view next 60° to the left from the center viewport

The right viewport is set to view next 60° to the right from the center viewport

3 viewport in total will then give 60°+60°+60° = 180° of FoV

Now if your actual FoV doesn't match in game FoV for each monitor, it'll look weird on the sides. Downside to having natural horizontal FoV is loss of vertical FoV (as monitor in front of you doesn't covert lot of vertical)

PS: you can have as many viewports as you want, game allows it (and I have tested with something like 9 viewports), you just have to calculate correct FoV and adjust to fit in game.

No longer active in DCS...

multiple viewports work like this:

PS: you can have as many viewports as you want, game allows it (and I have tested with something like 9 viewports), you just have to calculate correct FoV and adjust to fit in game.

So, in theory there could be a 360 degree view? Interesting... (assuming you have enough CPU & GPU power)

Is there any way to have the gui / menus just appear on the center screen so they don't stretch across all three screens? We could do that in 1.2 with a simple MonitorSetup script. But that doesn't seem to work now. It just all get's squished..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151716

This does not work anymore: Neither does hard coding the screen values.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 Screen - GUI centered');
Description = 'One monitor configuration'

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}

GUI =
{
 x = screen.width/3;
 y = 0;
 width = screen.width/3;
 height = screen.height;
}
UIMainView = GUI

• Like 1

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this?

I want to know if it's possible to adjust the FOV with a 3 monitor setup. Right now I feel like it's a bit too close, I want it to zoom back a little farther from the start rather than moving real close to the trackir and center and move back.

also would like to see if the GUI can be centered to the center screen but in game it is utilizing all three screens.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any update on this?

I want to know if it's possible to adjust the FOV with a 3 monitor setup. Right now I feel like it's a bit too close, I want it to zoom back a little farther from the start rather than moving real close to the trackir and center and move back.

also would like to see if the GUI can be centered to the center screen but in game it is utilizing all three screens.

To set farther view distance inside the cockpit , try changing cameraviewanglelimit setting. It's in main dcs folder, under Config/View/Server. Lua.

Default is 140.

Set it to 160.

There are more settings there according to aircrafts type. It worked for my F15.

Then, when in game, adjust the default distance by saving a snapview default.

(alt+numpad 0).

You should have "more room" to go backwards with the head.

For the other question, I'd love to hear an answer myself.

Cheers...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...

Does this help?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153159

The latest patch seems to place the GUI on the centre of "3Screens". If you don't use bezel correction "3Screens" should work fine. If you do use BC you may want to try my suggestions.

Ref FOV if you have 4 screens you can have the instruments on the 4th monitor below the centre screen. This allows you to zoom the upper 3 screens in more while the instruments are always visible on the bottom screen and the forward poking "left/right" wing views are barely noticeable.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to have the gui / menus just appear on the center screen so they don't stretch across all three screens? We could do that in 1.2 with a simple MonitorSetup script. But that doesn't seem to work now. It just all get's squished..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151716

This does not work anymore: Neither does hard coding the screen values.

name = _('1 Screen - GUI centered');
Description = 'One monitor configuration'

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}

GUI =
{
 x = screen.width/3;
 y = 0;
 width = screen.width/3;
 height = screen.height;
}
UIMainView = GUI

It seems that the "width" and "height" parameters are used in wrong calculations.

On top of that, the mouse does not seem follow the same logic, which makes configuration impossible:

For example, on a 2560x1080 screen, using the following config files, the "Exit" button is highlighted by the mouse.

Version is 1.5.2.48162

Offsets on pictures are 0-based:

name = _('1 Screen, GUI(center)');
Description = 'One monitor configuration, GUI centered'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}

local wGUI=1024
local hGUI=768
GUI =
{
 x = screen.width/2 - wGUI/2; --768
 y = screen.height/2 - hGUI/2; --156
 width = wGUI; --1024
 height = hGUI; --768
}
UIMainView = GUI

attachment.php?attachmentid=130241&stc=1&d=1450048963

name = _('1 Screen, GUI(center)');
Description = 'One monitor configuration, GUI centered'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}

local wGUI=1024
local hGUI=768
GUI =
{
 x = screen.width/2 - wGUI/2; --768
 y = screen.height/2 - hGUI/2; --156
 width = screen.width/2 + wGUI/2;--1792
 height = screen.height/2 + hGUI/2;--924
}
UIMainView = GUI

attachment.php?attachmentid=130242&stc=1&d=1450048963

1.thumb.png.5c9207b2d8aa12692d57c11f196e8275.png

2.thumb.png.21ae5449a71c8b58378bf791d1006443.png

Edited by PiedDroit

It seems we do have to get more specific about entering the resolutions of our individual monitor setups. It does seem that the way in which the parameters are used has been messed up.

My post above, pointing here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2565701&postcount=1

offers a solution for Bezel Correction and if you remove the bezel correction elements it might also work for you.

Even so we are still left with the squished map which can be infuriating.

ED have been very quiet on this whole issue since it was raised in several threads.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I'm sure ED has bigger fish to fry ATM. I am very happy with everything else they have done. This is probably on their bug list, but very far down.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I'm sure ED has bigger fish to fry ATM. I am very happy with everything else they have done. This is probably on their bug list, but very far down.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

I'm sure they have and there are some crude workarounds for bezel correction and for the GUI in 3 screens but the squished map makes it very difficult to work and appears to be a mis-application of the MonitorSetup Viewports/GUI settings. I doubt it would take much to fix it.

I have played with the settings for hours. I can even get the map across all the screens, the key point being it is not distorted, but then the Viewports collapse to the one-third left hand side of each screen with the map in the right hand two thirds (!). There is a mix-up somewhere.

On knowing what ED are actually working on or have on their to do list, one thing I am not clear about: some bugs have the word [REPORTED] in it. What does that mean - and what does not having it in the title mean?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

I would guess that Reported means they have made note of the bug and it does not need to be posted again? Just a guess from an old software developer..