UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Actually, that can come in handy. Please keep the old one too, for airport reference while being able to do more mission/aircraft related things on the new one.

Edit:

About double kneeboard that is...

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now....to make that happen, that is a challenge :)

Well... I'm presently working on a plan to monetise uMFCD without completely ruining things for people who don't want to pay. Just make it "very compelling", as you say, to hand over a tenner. Once the cash flow is there then things like the Rift are much easier to justify.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I'd gladly pay a nominal fee for your efforts sir! Your app has rekindled my love for my pit and the a10c. The addition of the TEWS is fantastic and came along a lot faster than I could anticipate. Good show! Keep'me coming.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

That's good to know. It was always supposed to be something that makes a difference, as opposed to being a flashy gimmick.

How's the TEWS behaving, by the way?

I'd gladly pay a nominal fee for your efforts sir! Your app has rekindled my love for my pit and the a10c. The addition of the TEWS is fantastic and came along a lot faster than I could anticipate. Good show! Keep'me coming.

I don't remember if I have asked for this before and what the answer might have been, but would it be possible to make the exported displays behave like Windows windows when it comes to foreground/background/staking?

I.e. when displays are overlapping, clicking on one will bring it up on top of the others.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

It would just so happen that I'm in the middle of making that happen.

I don't remember if I have asked for this before and what the answer might have been, but would it be possible to make the exported displays behave like Windows windows when it comes to foreground/background/staking?

I.e. when displays are overlapping, clicking on one will bring it up on top of the others.

Can you make a time expired version for freeware so people can try it for awhile and then it expires unless money paid? Sort of like winzip?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

TEWS is working fine. Ive had a few crashes with the 2.7.0 version. checking event viewer reveals a .net framework crash. shortly after a kernelbase.dll for uMFCD then a DCS.exe crash. Im also experiencing some strange issues when i turn my head in game (using track ir) the mfcds go wonky and the rwr and clock have a green effect over it. ill conjure a picture so you can see what i mean. I can give you logs and such as well if needed. Is there any vast difference between the beta and this new version?

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Only some changes to the language of the messages I receive in the diagnostics packages, so not the sort of thing that would cause a crash.

What were you doing when the crash occurs? Just flying around? Had everything started up as expected?

Edit: Yeah, logs and screenies, as always, would be great.

TEWS is working fine. Ive had a few crashes with the 2.7.0 version. checking event viewer reveals a .net framework crash. shortly after a kernelbase.dll for uMFCD then a DCS.exe crash. Im also experiencing some strange issues when i turn my head in game (using track ir) the mfcds go wonky and the rwr and clock have a green effect over it. ill conjure a picture so you can see what i mean. I can give you logs and such as well if needed. Is there any vast difference between the beta and this new version?

Can you make a time expired version for freeware so people can try it for awhile and then it expires unless money paid? Sort of like winzip?

Something like that, although I'm leaning more in the direction of a basic/advanced model where you would still have access to the basic feature set for free after a trial period of the full feature set.

This of course, will make more sense once the two "big" features in development are revealed.

--Baker

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Now fixed. Included in next release.

I still had the beta version installed so i tried it out and it seems that i cant re produce the crash in that version. ill be testing it today on the Su25t as im trying to learn it for a squadron mission coming up. ill keep you posted.

edit: i did noticed today in the beta version that the shakval doesnt remember its location on the preferred monitor. whenever i relaunch DCS it goes back to the main display. possibly already fixed with the 2.7.0 release but ill test that as well.

Edited by Baldawg

Are you sure it would be to difficult/time-consuming/expensive to implement an export in uMFCD?

What you don't know, Holton181, is that I've been homeless for the entire duration of uMFCD's development. And had been dragged off to a psych institution "by mistake", according to the institution itself.

So perhaps appreciate my irritation when you arbitrarily request a person such as myself, with no money to spare whatsoever, spend $XYZ on your gaming whim.

With my entire heart I apologize if I have hurt you in any possible way, Baker.

I never intended to be greedy. I realized now when you mentioned the specific $60 that for the Viggen (and any module) export to happen you actually need to own it yourself, which you don't and not having the possibility to do, at least not now.

I, in my ignorance, did not realize this. I thought that most exports could be done in very similar ways, no need to own a specific module as soon as "The Holy Grail" of export code was found, something you seem to have accomplished.

I am no programer, so please forgive me for being so foolish.

uMFCD is already in its present state, before hinted big feature aditions, the by far greatest software add-on for DCS in my opinion, and will not hesitate to pay for it whenever you have worked something out for it to happen.

Again, I am honestly regretful and sorry for hurting you.

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

And just to add:

I highly appreciate all the work and dedication you have put into this project so far, not to mention the extraordinary support you offer to all of us users.

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Great work as per usual Sgt_Baker! I see that the new versions have removed the low frame rates.

A feature request that I thought of, and its probably on the deck already, is adding the export of the Mig and Flanker RWR like you have the F15. Is that possible?

Moltar, you haven't read the latest couple of posts it appears. Please do so, from #640 and onwards.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ah yes, I keep meaning to fix this one. What are you using the kneeboard for, out of interest? You are aware that uMFCD comes with a bare-bones implementation of a clickable/draggable kneeboard with all the airport charts?

--Baker

Hi Sgt Baker...having some problems over here...

In response to your question I have custom kneeboard built with kneeboard builder software, also have wind data and the briefing there. Really handy.

The uMFCD kneeboard or double kneeboard doesn´t work on the A10C. It keeps coming inside the right mfcd.

Haven´t tried another airplane..

on the Ka50 when I open the axis view window (rctrl+enter) it shows it inside the right mfcd too.

Last problem.....when i close DCS, close UMFCD and re open everything again...UMFCD doesn´t show anything on my 2nd screen. Just works on the first try...

Long live to UMFCD

Greetings! .

Edited by leostrato