UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Moltar, you haven't read the latest couple of posts it appears. Please do so, from #640 and onwards.

I'm not following what posts 640 forward have to do with anything. I don't see anything in regards to the questions I'm asking.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not following what posts 640 forward have to do with anything. I don't see anything in regards to the questions I'm asking.

What Hilton is pointing out is that Sgt Baker does not have those particular modules and so he cannot do work on them or be expected to pay for them. If you read the posts you will see why.

Cheers

What Hilton is pointing out is that Sgt Baker does not have those particular modules and so he cannot do work on them or be expected to pay for them. If you read the posts you will see why.

Cheers

Thanks glynd02, exactly that.

(it's Holton by the way. No offense taken )

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Screeny as promised

here you guy sir

Screen_170526_190144.thumb.jpg.347d7a69999256e937411730a41f9530.jpg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Hey Guys

I'm new to the whole uMFCD thing. I downloaded it and I'm not sure how to install it. Is there a setup guide that I'm missing somewhere, cause I start up the program then its waiting for my DCS to start and when it does all seems good, but once the loading screen to get to the main game screen is doing whatever it does the game crashes and it says DCS stopped working.

Any help would be great. Thanks

PS I use 1.5.4 version

Hey Guys

I'm new to the whole uMFCD thing. I downloaded it and I'm not sure how to install it. Is there a setup guide that I'm missing somewhere, cause I start up the program then its waiting for my DCS to start and when it does all seems good, but once the loading screen to get to the main game screen is doing whatever it does the game crashes and it says DCS stopped working.

Any help would be great. Thanks

PS I use 1.5.4 version

that's 'incompatibility' or bugs

mine did the same with 4 screens, 'windowed', crash, not usable (define MFD output in your monitor setup, not as handsome)

now, when I test with 2 screens (my 1080 is RMA), full screen vertical 1920x2160, works flawlessly

you'll have to wait for an update that works on your config .. (1 screen 1080p should always work presumably)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I can have my main screen and two small, old office screens as secondary ones for my uMFCD exports without any issues. So it's not generally a bug with multiple displays with different resolutions.

Post a debug package (look at the uMFCD website how to get one) and hope Baker can help you.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I can have my main screen and two small, old office screens as secondary ones for my uMFCD exports without any issues. So it's not generally a bug with multiple displays with different resolutions.

Post a debug package (look at the uMFCD website how to get one) and hope Baker can help you.

did all of that

and just noticed, doesn't quite work 100% but almost, labels won't show (how weird is that)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

This worked for only a few minutes for me which is really strange.When it worked it was as advertised...then it started to do weird things.When looking forward the screens would disappear...if I looked to the side they would reappear,but were only blank black screens.I use TRAK IR btw. latest ultra MFCD version on 1.56.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

The kneeboard fixes haven't been released yet. I'm also in communication with the developer of Kneeboardbuilder with a view to solving any issues regarding out respective apps' coexistence, which has been an issue in the past.

--Baker

Hi Sgt Baker...having some problems over here...

In response to your question I have custom kneeboard built with kneeboard builder software, also have wind data and the briefing there. Really handy.

The uMFCD kneeboard or double kneeboard doesn´t work on the A10C. It keeps coming inside the right mfcd.

Haven´t tried another airplane..

on the Ka50 when I open the axis view window (rctrl+enter) it shows it inside the right mfcd too.

Last problem.....when i close DCS, close UMFCD and re open everything again...UMFCD doesn´t show anything on my 2nd screen. Just works on the first try...

Long live to UMFCD

Greetings! .

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Yeah, this could be some unexplored corner of our code bugging out. It's designed to work with absolutely any monitor setup/arrangement, yet clearly impossible to test every monitor/resolution/arrangement setup on this end.

In these situations it helps to "start from the beginning", setting DCS to single-screen and the "1 monitor" setup, then turn things up until something goes wrong. Make a note of exactly what you did and let us know.

:)

--Baker

that's 'incompatibility' or bugs

mine did the same with 4 screens, 'windowed', crash, not usable (define MFD output in your monitor setup, not as handsome)

now, when I test with 2 screens (my 1080 is RMA), full screen vertical 1920x2160, works flawlessly

you'll have to wait for an update that works on your config .. (1 screen 1080p should always work presumably)

Yes, that's already planned. Initially I thought of just cheating and implementing the F-15C TEWS for all FC3 aircraft, but that's... you know... a cheap and dirty trick and not in keeping with the rest of uMFCD.

Principally this requires my spending some time flying around in said aircraft to familiarise myself with the operation of the Russian RWRs and any quirks they might exhibit.

--Baker

Great work as per usual Sgt_Baker! I see that the new versions have removed the low frame rates.

A feature request that I thought of, and its probably on the deck already, is adding the export of the Mig and Flanker RWR like you have the F15. Is that possible?

Update regarding DCS 2.1 Alpha

Bad news and good-ish news. The bad news is that UltraMFCD crashes DCS when the "Deferred Shading" option is enabled. The good-ish news is that everything still works with Deferred Shading disabled, along with UltraMFCD already being prepped for dealing with new rendering stuff in DCS 2.x, so accommodating the new DCS rendering stuff might not take as long as it would otherwise.

--Baker

Hey Sgt. Baker

I use the 1.5.4 version and I'm not sure if I have Deferred shading active. How do I find out if this is active. Cause as of now I cant seem to get UltraMFCD working. It crashes game when starting up. After my sweet effects loads and it goes to the game loading screen it then pops up with a little white window saying the dcs game cant load. If I stop the UMFCD program then games starts like normal, no problems. If I can take a screen shot Ill post it in another post later tonight!

Hi uscstaylor,

I'm 99% certain that the issue here is SweetFX. UltraMFCD and SweetFX have never got along well, and indeed it is something I've been intending to get around to fixing. Try disabling SweetFX completely and give uMFCD a go. Then, until the fix is implemented, I suppose it's a decision on your end as to which you want more.

Incidentally, the Deferred Shading issue only concerns the latest DCS 2.1 Alpha, not DCS 1.5.4.

--Baker

Hey Sgt. Baker

I use the 1.5.4 version and I'm not sure if I have Deferred shading active. How do I find out if this is active. Cause as of now I cant seem to get UltraMFCD working. It crashes game when starting up. After my sweet effects loads and it goes to the game loading screen it then pops up with a little white window saying the dcs game cant load. If I stop the UMFCD program then games starts like normal, no problems. If I can take a screen shot Ill post it in another post later tonight!

Hang on a sec. Just spotted that you're still using DCS 1.5.4 (alarmingly easy to get number-blind in my line of work). UltraMFCD hasn't been compatible with DCS 1.5.4 or below for a good long while now.

Any particular reason you're still using that version of DCS?

--Baker

OK Thanks for the update Sgt. Looking forward to a fix in the future.

Hey Sgt. Baker

Hey Sgt. Baker

I use the 1.5.4 version and I'm not sure if I have Deferred shading active. How do I find out if this is active.

Don't think 1.5.4 has Deferred shading, that's only in 2.xx Nevada

Yeah, I've already clarified that above. DCS 1.5.4 is the version of DCS prior to the unified EDGE builds between 1.5 and 2.1. Edit: Almost exactly one year old.

Note the first post in this thread where I state "For DCS 1.5.5+" etc etc :)

Don't think 1.5.4 has Deferred shading, that's only in 2.xx Nevada

Edited by Sgt_Baker

New UltraMFCD 2.7.1 Beta available here. Includes new dual kneeboards and other fixes.

Changelog:

NEW: Dual DCS and UltraMFCD kneeboards.

NEW: Kneeboard exports available in all DCS modules, even when no other displays exported by UltraMFCD.

NEW: UltraMFCD kneeboard displays updates from DCS Kneeboard Builder in real-time. No restart of flight required.

FIXED/NEW: Fixed bug where DCS kneeboard would display inside other exports. DCS kneeboard now exported as a full UltraMFCD display.

NEW: UltraMFCD plays a warning sound if it detects problematic settings upon DCS launch.

FIXED: Bug where blank displays could remain on-screen from previously flown aircraft.

FIXED: An UltraMFCD window, when clicked, will now move to the foreground as expected.

FIXED: Circumstances where UltraMFCD displays might prevent DCS receiving keyboard/joystick input due to clicked UltraMFCD export window stealing focus from DCS.

FIXED: Su-25T Shkval display now correctly remembers its position.

uMFCDTwoKneeboards.jpg

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Awesome job, Baker!

Really looking forward to test this one, but I don't know when I get the time.

But will of course report back after I had.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5