Bugs and problems

I would like to see that I must complete the mission to proceed. I assume landing at an airfield, after the objective is complete. It´s more like the real thing I think. Or an Re-fly button. Otherwise I must remember to crash if I don't have time to fly the mission or get shoot at, and not just exit the mission, if I understand you correct.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just landing at the airfield should be enough to go to the next mission.

But DCS crash or exit should not

I just ALT-F4 whenever I want to replay a mission, it worked fine in this campaign as well (replayed mission 2 since I didn't get the debrief the first time). The only drawback is that the logbook is not updated.

It all depends on the mission. Basically whenever you fulfill any important part of the mission, it sets a certain flag which then is used to count the results. So if you have to stop playing the mission in the beginning, it os likely that you will stay at the same point. If you have to take a break in the middle after destroying some targets and you hit escape, you will score more than 50 points and advance the campaign. Even if you don't fulfill all or any objectives but RTB, then you will also progress.

When designing it I worked in a basis of logic that since it is story driven unless you die, the things will advance no matter if you succeed or not (as they would in real life). But TBH I was sure that there is a "reply mission" button in the debriefing!

Now, there is no easy way out of this. I could set progressing the campaign only if you return to the airfield, but then there will be peole who flew 1.5h mission but just had to stop without flying back - then they would loose all they have achieved.

One certain way to make sure you will be back at the same mission next time is to crash (if you crash, no matter what you did you score 50 points and are forced to replay the mission). But it does not look good in the logbook :) so you may use Gliptal's method - AFAIK the final results are counted only after you finish the mission (by pressing escape). Hope that helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

One possible solution could be to add an entry in the F10 menu: once selected, it sets a flag that identifies it as passed and pressing QUIT would advance the campaign. If one exits without selecting it on the other hand, the campaign doesn't advance.

You could also make it appear only after a minimal set of objectives is met, although I'm not sure if the added trigger complexity is worth it. Justifying it from a immersion perspective could be as simple as recording a voiceover stating "Mission critical objectives accomplished" or something along those lines.

Edited by Gliptal

Mission 3:

- FRAGO states 12000ft floor, map in the briefing states 15000ft floor.

- I've run this a few times since I'm having problems getting the Mavericks to lock the first ZSU. I have a valid lock but the missile just gets lofted in a ballistic trajectory and hits the side of a mountain. Can't pinpoint the issue here, can anyone replicate? If so, maybe consider removing the Mavs from the loadout.

- Your wingman may call the first set of targets while Overlord's answer is supposed to be transmitted, meaning you never hear it (the AI callouts seem to have an higher priority). This is evident if coming from the West of the checkpoint. Possible solution could be setting the wingman to NO REPORTING or similar in the editor until the following "engagin targets message" is played.

I have yet to finish it since I've been trying to wrap my head around the Maverick issue.

I'm currently flying Mission 4: the briefing clarly states I shouldn't push the target until given permission, so I've been orbiting around WP 2 (being South of the target I assume it's my IP). All radios are set correctly, but I've been orbiting for the last 10 minutes and nothing has happened. Should I be pushing the target?

It worked, thanks!

FRAGO 3(b): "DODGE will anchor south from the target and wait for instructions from overlord." I just assumed WP2 (that is incidentally South of the target) was the IP point. Personally I prefer a more distant IP than a closer one, since it makes it less dangerous to loiter and easier to set up attack runs.

Maybe consider moving the trigger zone over WP2.

Or I will change the FRAGO to avoid any confusion, thanks for feedback, will add it to bugtracker. Seems something is to be found in each mission, luckily rather small things so far :)
Don't worry, I seem to have a knack into breaking missions, just ask the Maple Flag guys. :D

A few very minor things about Mission 4:

- The downloadable docs do not contain the last two recon images.

- Allies list in the briefing has all the available nations in the game, whereas previous briefings only had those actually involved in the mission.

- If I remember correctly OVERLORD says that one MANPAD is NW of the compound (it is), and the other 300 feet S (it is not, it's actually NW as well, close to the first MANPAD).

Mission 5:

- At checkpoint 2 three enemy units (CLA Ammo Truck #001/2/3) are visible from th mission start. This results in a quick firefight between Echo 2 and those vechicles, with two of them being destroyed and #001 surviving because it's out of LOS from everyone. While overflying that checkpoint in the first part of the mission, DODGE-2 calls it out.

- Is it possible to defend Echo 2 or is his death scripted?

Mission 5:

- At checkpoint 2 three enemy units (CLA Ammo Truck #001/2/3) are visible from th mission start. This results in a quick firefight between Echo 2 and those vechicles, with two of them being destroyed and #001 surviving because it's out of LOS from everyone. While overflying that checkpoint in the first part of the mission, DODGE-2 calls it out.

- Is it possible to defend Echo 2 or is his death scripted?

Thanks!

Will check for the trucks, was OK when I last played it, perhaps something went wrong during one of the updated.

Possible to defend Echo, you need to take out the three buildings from which enemy is shooting and then take out the coming convoy. Not the easiest of tasks, but doable!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Mission 6:

- FRAGO states 2xGBU-12, whereas you are given 1xGBU-12 and 1xGBU-38.

- FRAGO doesn't state the ALQ-184

P.S. Mission 5:

I managed to save Echo 2, and thus received a message about some trucks fleeing the area. Only one truck did so though, the one that wasn't destroyed in the initial firefight at the mission's start. I suspect these three vehicles are missing an invisible state that is to be triggered off when Echo 2 is saved.

Mission 7:

- Wingmen are useless, might as weel be flying solo. No matter where I anchor them, they refuse to attack, I suspect because of the cloud layer completely obscuring the TGP.

- GBU-38s are useless if released above the cloud layer, they fall hundreds of feet short.