Bugs and problems

Nope, it is not a JTAC. He will give you coordinates of the stolen vehicles several times when he passes near them. When you dial 131AM you should get the coordinates from time to time.

Other A-10C flights have their own targets and you can only hear them reporting back on their attack runs.

What I would advise is to keep your eyes on the target area via the TGP from afar and when shooting starts, try to spot two groups of vehicles moving away from the camp and shooting back.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADF related mission now...

It's nearly the end :(

edit : by the way, in minebuster, GBU-31 is a huuuuge an really heavy bomb, getting secondary targets before releasing them was a bit fun after my first gun pass when I pulled up :O

Edited by bzhnono

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the arrival mission, just a couple of very minor details I noticed:

- The FRAGO states you are carrying 5 travel pods, whilst you are actually carrying only 2.

- At mission start the second four ship flight is at your right, and in the first few seconds they transition to your left; I guess having them start directly to your left is not possible due to editor limitations.

As I said, just nitpicks really.

Hey BD!

Just flew "Leave no man behind". Cool stuff, but found a bug. I was tuned to the correct VHF FM freq (30 FM according to the briefing) for the guy on the ground. I could pick up his beacon on 252 UHF in ADF mode, flew passes over him and the beacon location provided by overlord. I could use the F10 Dialogue options to move the story forward, calling for flares and then calling visual, etc... but I never heard a thing from him back. No audio from Colt 2. I was in a tight orbit about 5NM from his pos most of the time, so I don't think distance was a factor.

UPDATE: Nevermind, he died in the first assault and I didn't engage the infantry in time to save him. I just didn't get any feedback that he was dead and could still use the radio options to request flare, visual flare, etc... Gues I'll try again

Edited by DarthXavius

SGT USMC, KILL

Thanks for that remark. Yeah, I should remove all F10 radio options once Colt is dead to avoid confusion, will do that when I get to updating TEW! Also, have you heard the audio from him when the infantry was closing and he was attacked?

Also, was it the first group that got him (the trucks coming from the north from the crash site? Or the ones that arrive on scene later on?

Just finished the arrival mission, just a couple of very minor details I noticed:

- The FRAGO states you are carrying 5 travel pods, whilst you are actually carrying only 2.

- At mission start the second four ship flight is at your right, and in the first few seconds they transition to your left; I guess having them start directly to your left is not possible due to editor limitations.

As I said, just nitpicks really.

I guess I remember Snoopy writing to dragon about travel pods never being attached more than two of them on one aircraft. Maybe he corrected this in the mission, just didn’t correct briefing text? He will probably tells us soon…

I guess I remember Snoopy writing to dragon about travel pods never being attached more than two of them on one aircraft. Maybe he corrected this in the mission, just didn’t correct briefing text? He will probably tells us soon…

I did tell a few posts up :) that was exactly the case! I will correct the briefing for the next update, currently - since there are no game-breaking bugs - I am still quite busy with the M2000C official campaign. Once that is out of the way, I will go back to TEW, introduce all the fixes (I am keeping a list of what is posted) and also start working on converting some of the missions to MP.

Thanks for that remark. Yeah, I should remove all F10 radio options once Colt is dead to avoid confusion, will do that when I get to updating TEW! Also, have you heard the audio from him when the infantry was closing and he was attacked?

Also, was it the first group that got him (the trucks coming from the north from the crash site? Or the ones that arrive on scene later on?

Yeah I heard the audio call he was being fired on.

It was the first group that got him, didnt see that two trucks moved basically right up on his pos and dropped off troops

SGT USMC, KILL

I did the mission between training and the real deal (low altitude attack) last week.

There is a T55 stolen that pops up and we need to kill him (just before the truck, you know what truck I'm talking about :D). That T55 was indestructible I think (even my wingman can't get him)...

After that, the next part of the mission, I was shot by a SAM and succeed an emergency landing on the grass but the mission was kinda successful because I moved on to next mission. I was a bit disapointed :(

The next (last ???) mission is really hard (low attack on the house by night with storm :O) I think I will need few attempt. Is it normal that my plane was already up and running ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey bzhnono,

The tank is killable, but is a moving target :) though it is difficult to kill!

When creating the campaign I decided to choose the option closer to realism, meaning that the campaign will progress even if you are not 100% successful. Though I have to admit I thought there is an option to just replay the mission if you are not happy with the outcome - apparently there isn't. Perhaps in the future I will be more restrictive!

Last mission - it should be a cold start, I will add it to fixes. Thanks.

Hey bzhnono,

The tank is killable, but is a moving target :) though it is difficult to kill!

When creating the campaign I decided to choose the option closer to realism, meaning that the campaign will progress even if you are not 100% successful. Though I have to admit I thought there is an option to just replay the mission if you are not happy with the outcome - apparently there isn't. Perhaps in the future I will be more restrictive!

Last mission - it should be a cold start, I will add it to fixes. Thanks.

I think I should have crashed in a mountain instead of going to see the cows in a field.

That's a good point to play the whole campaign again with the patches in a few weeks :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission 2:

- 3 spotted the Igla at about 7nm out. I was at about 400ft AGL, formation was finger four.

- I was hit and suffered heavy damage to systems (but not to the engines). RTB went fine (TACAN was still functioning), until touchdown when I found out the gear hadn't extended (although it showed so in the lights in the panel): ended up doing a belly landing, that went remarkably well (considering I hadn't jettisoned my ordnance). The briefing would not appear though, probably because I couldn't reach a taxiway. Had to ALT-F4 out to not incur in a failed mission (I made it back home after all).

- There seem to be some inconsistencies between the wind values in the written briefing and those in the altitudes card just below.

- ATC instructs you to take off (and land) from runway 25. Is this intended? The waypoints seem to be placed with runway 07 in mind. Issue might be related to the wind discrepancies above.

Thanks for the report! My responses within the spoiler:

Mission 2:

- 3 spotted the Igla at about 7nm out. I was at about 400ft AGL, formation was finger four.

- I was hit and suffered heavy damage to systems (but not to the engines). RTB went fine (TACAN was still functioning), until touchdown when I found out the gear hadn't extended (although it showed so in the lights in the panel): ended up doing a belly landing, that went remarkably well (considering I hadn't jettisoned my ordnance). The briefing would not appear though, probably because I couldn't reach a taxiway. Had to ALT-F4 out to not incur in a failed mission (I made it back home after all).

Yeah, you probably didn't reach the point on the runway where it appears, but the mission should progress. Good point on Igla, it should be invisible! Thanks!

- There seem to be some inconsistencies between the wind values in the written briefing and those in the altitudes card just below.

Will check & fix.

- ATC instructs you to take off (and land) from runway 25. Is this intended? The waypoints seem to be placed with runway 07 in mind. Issue might be related to the wind discrepancies above.

ATC sometimes doesn't work. Even if winds are correct, it still tells you to use wrong runway for take off. Hopefully the new ATC ED is working on will fix those issues!

Seen how you've said that as soon as you're done with the M2000 campaign you're going to update this one, and the few bugs that got introduced with 1.5.3, would you suggest waiting before continuing playing this one, or are the things that have to be fixed minor and not gamebreaking?

I'm asking because in the last couple of months I've played other very well made custom campiagns, whose missions were consinstently broken by the everchanging AI and the slew of bugs that keep on getting introduced every time ED pushes an update. It gets tiring to fly an hour (or even longer) just to get stuck because a trigger didn't fire, or an AI flight crashed instead of refueling.

I also feel like I may end up reporting stuff you're already aware of. How far away in time is your update, if you don't mind me asking?

So far no gamebraking or even annoying bugs were reported, just minor ones. I'd say you can safely go ahead with playing, quite a few people finished the campaign without problems.

What I will do, I will post my "to-do" list later today in the first post, let it be an open bug tracker :) So you will know what I am aware of and what would be new. So you can always decide after reading this.

As for the timeline, I'd say about a month, but I might take a short break from Mirage and play with TEW a bit earlier.

Once again thanks for all the feedback!

I have a problem, I dont need to complete the mission , it just go to the next one, after I crash or exit the game, next time I want to fly it´s the next mission, something is not right.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

I have a problem, I dont need to complete the mission , it just go to the next one, after I crash or exit the game, next time I want to fly it´s the next mission, something is not right.

That is intentional - I figured that unless you are killed, campaign should progress. But seeing how many people would rather repeat mission which is not a major success, I am thinking whether I shouldn't change how victory conditions work. I will post a separate poll on that!

That is intentional - I figured that unless you are killed, campaign should progress. But seeing how many people would rather repeat mission which is not a major success, I am thinking whether I shouldn't change how victory conditions work. I will post a separate poll on that!

I dunno if and how does it work technically in the game, but wouldn't be much easier to activate the Refly button? Just a tought, might be wrong...