Bugs and problems

Hm, I had mixed experience with wingmen, but found fhem useful during quite a few trsts.

As for GBIs - again, had no problem with using them but you first need to get exact coordinates using TGP and lasing the target, coordinates given by JTAC are not accurate enough.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I had mixed experience with wingmen, but found fhem useful during quite a few trsts.

As for GBIs - again, had no problem with using them but you first need to get exact coordinates using TGP and lasing the target, coordinates given by JTAC are not accurate enough.

JTAC never gave me the coordinates though, I was using the TGP to aim at the MANPADS teams. They aren't missing by the few meters cause by wrong ranging information, they're actually hitting hundreds of meters south of the aimpoint. I think the problem is with the wind layer in the clouds, because dropping them below 9000ft yielded a perfect hit.

Yep, wind may be the reason, still I wouldn't count it as a bug.

Pity with the wingmen, only thing I could do would be to change the weather, but that would go against the idea of the mission...

Mission is perfectly fine I think, it's just not possible to work above the cloud layer.

- MOVED TO APPROPRIATE THREAD -

Edited by Gliptal

Is this Op Hammerfall 3 (aka "the infamous" :D)?

Never had any luck with wingmen, either, but in most of my attempts my GBU-38 were more or less smack on the markpoints I'd created for the Strela and one or two other targets. I dropped them from above the clouds. Did a recent patch change anything? Must be 4 weeks or so since I've last flown this mission.

What's your SPI when you drop the bombs? In this scenario, I strongly suggest markpoints or newly created waypoints. Using the TGP from above the clouds is obviously not going to work.

Is this Op Hammerfall 3 (aka "the infamous" :D)?

Never had any luck with wingmen, either, but in most of my attempts my GBU-38 were more or less smack on the markpoints I'd created for the Strela and one or two other targets. I dropped them from above the clouds. Did a recent patch change anything? Must be 4 weeks or so since I've last flown this mission.

What's your SPI when you drop the bombs? In this scenario, I strongly suggest markpoints or newly created waypoints. Using the TGP from above the clouds is obviously not going to work.

Markpoint as Steerpoint, and I drop on that. A bomb aimed at an Igla infantry lands outside the base, to the South. I noved my comments over to the other thread, to keep this one clean.

I'm getting this error message, albeit already haven flown 2 missions.

What can I do?

edit: sweetfx seems to be causing this problem. Is there a solution besides removing sweetfx?

I very much would like to use it.

fail.thumb.jpg.22436b2658c813e3e7ba715b41d6df17.jpg

Edited by KansasCS

• ED Team

I believe sweetfx conflicts with an aspect of the mission protection. I am not sure how, but I do know it is not compatible.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mission 8:

- Received the RTB message twice after the first two sets of targets (one a few seconds after and another time at 15nm from WP5).

- Received the RTB message twice after the mortar targets were destroyed, in quick succession.

- Received two briefings at the end, one for full success (what actually happened, since I destroyed all targets), and one for partial success (not all stolen hardware was destroyed).

Edited by Gliptal

Mission 9:

- During startup three trucks are driving just outside the traxiway, on the left.

- F10 entry "Location: bulls 044 for 67" not working from a certain point onward. Didn't know it was there, I guess it's an answer to Overlord?

- You can easily spot the tanks from farther away than the trigger zone that adds the F10 menu entries to clear FORD for the attack run.

- One of the F-16 pilots bailed out halfway to Kutaisi, probably because of low fuel. Only noticeable in Tacview though (or by paying close attention to the TAD).

Edited by Gliptal

Thanks!

I think the trucks are outside as when they were inside they collided with AI taxi logics and caused problems, so I told them to stay in the dirt ;)

The F10 entry is just meant for the players as a note if they didn't catch what Overlord was saying it dissapears when you get options to clear the F-16s in.

With the tanks - probably, though I had reports from people who couldn't find them no matter what. I wanted to be sure that player sees them, hence the small trigger zone. Intentional.

F-16: AI, I could probably play with them not using afterburner but then player might have to wait forever for things to happen, so I think I will leave it as it is. I have played through this mission probably 30 times and had that happen only twice.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Sorry for the lack of reports, I was away for the easter holidays.

Mission 10:

- The flight plan correctly assumes you're taking off from runway 25, which makes sense given the wind direction. It also seems to place you for an approach on runway 07 for the landing, whereas it would still be 25 assuming the wind doesn't change.

- The German entry in the nations list might be a bit of a tell about what is going to happen in the mission. Maybe add it in previous missions as well and acknowledge it in the briefings somehow, like a detachment of german army analysts or observers.

There may be more tomorrow, since I crashed into the ground like an idiot halfway through, after misjudging an attack run.

Mission 11:

- If you're not able to destroy the mortars, their crew tries to escape on two civilian trucks. Overlor tells you to destroy them, and that Warrior will be there soon. At that point though, Warrior is already dead.

- Overhead break at Senaki-Kolkhi triggers the briefing.

Very nice mission, flew it three times just because I was having fun!

Mission 12:

- For some reason, I cannot seem to get the GBU-38s to work when dropping above the cloud layer. They never hit, no matter how I set up the target (Markpoint as SPI, created while lasing). It must be something with the wind and the cloud layer, because it's the same problem I had with the Hammer mission. Not the missions fault anyway.

- Overlord told me the roadbloack was damaged enough for Anvil to go through only after Anvil actually went through.

Edited by Gliptal

Mission 14:

- I don't know if it's intended, but "capo di tutti capi" is grammatically incorrect: it should be "capo di tutti i capi". That said, it fits fine, I wouldn't change it.

- I did not receive the audio of Colt 2 ejecting, but I did read the message in the log. The radio was quite busy though, it may have gotten tramped by some other message.

- I entered well within the WEZ of the Albstros, but she did not fire at me. Don't know if it's intended behaviour or not.

- The Albatros shelled the Cargo ship.

Edited by Gliptal

Mission 15:

- The chaff count is low enough that it shows as LOW in the CMSC.

- Flare count is 172 and not 225 as stated in the FRAGO.

- First message from Colt cuts halfway through. TacView show that the F-16 got hit by a 9M39 shot by the SA-18 (CLA Igla SAM). This also explains why I did not hear from him since. He flew within the fringe of the upper bound of the WEZ, you may want to have him orbit a few hundred feet higher.

- Could not see the flare no matter what, although I'm sure I was looking into the right direction.

Edited by Gliptal

Mission 16:

- I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended, but I completed the mission succesfully without firing a single round or dropping a single bomb, or going below angels 16 for that matter. I enjoyed it fine, it really felt like I was in charge. I'm not sure this was the intention though, since I was about to ask the JTAC for the safehouse coordinates only to have it blown up by HAWG.