ECM...Broken radar lock...

I still don't get how they do that. Not long time ago I was in HiperLoby and went had to had with one guy. My Su-27 was followed by another Su-27, teammate, on a short distance. I don't know what aircraft we were facing. Every time I locked him, lock was broken. Than I start hiring the "biping" warning of incoming missal or missals and still could not lock him.:cry: The lock was staying for one second and then gone. Same my teammate. We got pretty close, because I was able to see enemy's aircraft clearly enough and that was the last picture that I saw in that air combat. Display changed, and instead of blue sky with the clouds I saw Maikop or Novorossiysk airfield, from birds-fly altitude!:) I asked the teammate how was he, and he sad that he was able to hold the lock for couple seconds and send this stealth down to the ground.:thumbup: They went guns almost!

Now just one little question, how do the do that? How they brake the lock with the ECM? :helpsmilie:

Now just one little question, how do the do that? How they brake the lock with the ECM? :helpsmilie:

Jammer strobing or blinking (cycling the jammer on and off rapidly). Probably doing it fast enough that you dont see the indication on your radar.

Jammer strobing or blinking (cycling the jammer on and off rapidly). Probably doing it fast enough that you dont see the indication on your radar.

Doesn't sound like a realistic tactic. I assume the ECM has some spool up time or something even if it lasts for some seconds only.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Guest IguanaKing

ECM could theoretically be strobed on and off. The time-in period can be circumvented by going in and out of standby, as opposed to completely turning the jammer off.

ECM in lock On and the real deal.

Remember your counter-measures, chaff, flares, ecm, the angle of your air-craft relitve to the emitting radar-"RCS-Radar Cross section".

ECM "Strobing" has been on the battlefield since World War 1. weather its from an aircraft or ground based platform.

Actualy ECMs can be updated in real time on the battlefield inorder to "spoof" SAMs, AAMs, AAA, radars and or comunications.

We wont get into how ECM is modled in this game. :mad:

See ya in your G suit:joystick:

i only experienced the ecm strobing when enemy aircraft is outside of my burn through range, then he could drop my lock. i don't know how you still can strob ecm to drop a lock when you are inside of my burn through range as you describe that you can visually spot the aircraft? i thought after burn through, the ecm is rather useless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Home address: 81°28W, 29°85N

Don't try to Waste Your Bombs and Missiles BC They are More Expensive.

I hate it when someone does ECM blinking on me. I have a macro to fight back but only as protection measure because I will disengage. Its stupid to activate invulnerability mode like this in order to outshoot your oposition. The only way to counter this is to get close for an IR shot but you will be fighting against very unfavourable odds.

It also ruins any realism with that tactic. I hate it when people rely on it when otherwise they wouldnt score.

I've had times I quit playing after seeing people abuse this online. Its just NOT fun and the purpose for me is to have fun.

Usualy ECM blinkers use Russian aircraft for using the MADDOG ET tactic as well. It renders the offender nearly undefeatable unless he gets distracted enough to let you get WVR, wich simply is not a realistic expectation to come about online.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If you can't beat them, join them ... so how many times and how fast should I strobe, to break a lock?

It stops being fun at all. Instead its a low blow fest where any realism goes out of the window. Skill becomes second nature and programmable sticks with macros will be the ones competing. Who doesnt own CH is screwed. Its just not fair for those who cant pull the cash out.

The day it becomes generalized is the day Ill deliver my wings and retire from LOMAC.

My PC specs below:

DOnt care if people notice my absence or not Ill just leave and thats it. This is STILL just a game for me. If you cant have fun with it why bother?

My PC specs below:

Guest IguanaKing
Its just not fair for those who cant pull the cash out.

...and so goes the story of the real world. I'm quite sure the non-CH guy in the virtual world can adapt to his "limitations" just as easily as his real-world "less -funded" counterpart can. If you want the best, spend the bucks and go CH...on the other hand, if you go with something else and get good at it...you have bragging rights, and your enemy...well, he won't want to tell everybody about how "a girl beat him up on the playground." That's a goal ANY non-CH user can shoot for...and many of them do it...QUITE REGULARLY. :D

Another song quote, that fits the situation

Its not automatic

You've gotta work that stick

First, and second, and third

Ease into it

Blake Babies-My Motor :D

I already have a CH I can use right now, just dont know for how long. Its not mine. I would have needed at least a month to get used to it, so I still didnt use it much.

My PC specs below:

Guest IguanaKing

Just get used to what you know you'll have on hand. The feel of the flight controls is the biggest issue. Anybody can get used to dealing with fewer or more key commands on the stick buttons, the "feel" of the aircraft, however, is going to be the most noticeable.

Edit...just heard from my bro. He's finally back in the land of the big PX. F'in' A!!!! :D:D

Ok, so, switching ECM on and off rapidly will brake the lock, right?

I thought this tactic should work on big distance, where the radar can’t get a good signal because of the ECM, but I could not lock this guy even in close air combat !

Here ya go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_warfare

Chaff, flares, Ecm, whats the problem dont the Su's have IR AAMs that go up to 50 or 70km?

Here is an idea I will start flying the Su 27/33 or Mig29 then ED will down grade those nice birds to? Naaaa, that wont happen I mean me flying Su's or Migs, or wait maybe I will.

See ya in your G suit:pilotfly:

P.S.

Was he warping or beaming you?

Lock On 1.2 Beta Test Team

Ok so here ya go.

(504) Wolverine

do.... Stop using wikipedia as a source

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/cgi-bin/client/modele.pl?prod

http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/USSR-EW

Whats wrong with valid research dude?

Perhaps some of these guys should do some reaserch before they rant and rave about stuff.

ECM since WWI ok here is some examples. Think of the evolution of Electronic Warfare

1. Jamming comunications.

2. Relaying false comunications.

Give me one good logical reason why "wikipedia as a source" is not a good source and I will not use it.

I apologise wolverine

cool_t:

ECM "Strobing" as referred to in this thread (and on this message board in general) is a specific technique in a very obvious and narrow context. Your earlier comment was out of that context. Electronic countermeasures are a form of electronic warfare, which is what you're referring to when you say that [information and/or electronic warfare] has been around in one form or another since WWI (paraphrased for clarity). Your latest comment referred to the evolution of electronic warfare, which is a step in the right direction, though throwing up random website URLs with no context or explanation and talking out of your ass isn't helping your case. What's wrong with valid research, dude? Nothing. You have yet to do any, however.

Wikipedia is not a good source for numerous reasons, the most important of which is that anyone can post on a topic. No expertise or credibility is involved, and validation methods on information currently available from wikipedia.org are laughable at best. That being said, it's convenient. Does that make it a good source? Nope.

Chennuts

Ok,

Random URLs, talking out of my ass, ect.

Dude read the info go do a online search and stop acting like you know everything.

Thats why I make sources available SO YOU CAN SEE IT FOR YOUR SELF

READ THE INFO, AND DONT GET PERSONAL ABOUT IT,

You guys know how to destroy a good thread,

So Chennuts, where did you get your sources from? You sound intelegent except for a few words.

Do the research, read, practice, source your information and find out why wikipedia.org has such information for use. The info is perfictly valid, formal and a good source for intelectuals.

Quote "Chennuts"

You have yet to do any, however.

Any what research I am lost.

P.S. Dude I work the the USA Defence Industry If you want to realy get into a spec discussion your on. Oh and I will source my info.

One more question for you have you ever touched a Trident avionics housing. No did not think so.

Trident:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/slbm/d-5.htm

See ya in your G suit

:helpsmilie: