Removed

CptSmiley

Hello all, i'm a little confused i have the 1.5 version of DCS and the M2000c Module. I have been reading this forum and everyone talking about a new update for the M2000c released but when i start DCS and load up the m2000 it all seems the same to me and no changes.

For example i can not quick start the aircraft <cheat option>. just curious if it's is a 2.0+ update and if so when will 1.5 get the update, this is my first module for DCS and i'm new to flight sims.

Thank you for any help.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s for the Open Beta version.

We must wait a little more.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you want to use this patch with a Mirage just switch to Open Beta it's really easy

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2548018

Check this link

If you scroll a bit down you can see what it tells you

Navigate to your DCS install and find the bin folder

LShift + Right click on bin folder and press "Open command propmt here"

After doing that paste the following line

DCS_updater.exe update @release

or

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

or

DCS_updater.exe update @openalpha

and that's how you can switch between clients without actually downloading new ones

In case of 1.5 (Open beta vs stable) they're pretty much identical except few patch here and there so you can generally just keep it on Open Beta unless you really don't like it.

As for Open Alpha (2.0) I'd have seperate client for that just in case

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Obviously you are not getting the point. When you read the definition of "authenticity" and think about that concept a little, come back.

Anyways, fair enough Zeus67, thx for quick answer. The reason I really mention it is because there is no way to limit it to the French or Greek version in a mission. That and the fact that with unrealistic loads, it gets more research heavy on what sort of load out this/that plane is capable of carrying in real life. The aspect of limiting myself is not really a problem, but would be good if we could avoid something that LN has already done with Mig21bis and their KH-66 GROM missile, for the sake of reality. Again, nothing serious, but would be lovely if you guys found a fix for this in the future. Thx again, great job this far :thumbup:

Let's put it this way. Is it realistic to use 4 Magic IIs? The answer is yes, there are Greek M-2000Cs using this load configuration.

Just as it would be realistic to load MICA missiles or even the EXOCET, there are plenty of photos of M-2000s using them. But here we run into a problem: While the Magic II is compatible with all radar versions of the M-2000C, the same cannot be said of these other weapons which require a specific radar different to the one modeled in the sim. Thus it would be unrealistic to make the M-2000C RDI load MICAs or EXOCET, since they cannot work with the RDI radar, as opposed to load another pair of MAGIC IIs that can.

So, I'll say this is a grey area where we can allow the use of another pair of MAGIC IIs.

As a side note, we never considered loading Sidewinders to the M-2000C despite it being fully compatible with it. This compatibility was one of its selling points to the export market.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As a side note, we never considered loading Sidewinders to the M-2000C despite it being fully compatible with it. This compatibility was one of its selling points to the export market.

But why not, Zeus?

And what about the ARMAT missile?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcDVoefMlWMSgVc2uiKKo_byChsjF_UglaG6M43KLExhxrT0fqjg

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's put it this way. Is it realistic to use 4 Magic IIs? The answer is yes, there are Greek M-2000Cs using this load configuration.

Just as it would be realistic to load MICA missiles or even the EXOCET, there are plenty of photos of M-2000s using them. But here we run into a problem: While the Magic II is compatible with all radar versions of the M-2000C, the same cannot be said of these other weapons which require a specific radar different to the one modeled in the sim. Thus it would be unrealistic to make the M-2000C RDI load MICAs or EXOCET, since they cannot work with the RDI radar, as opposed to load another pair of MAGIC IIs that can.

So, I'll say this is a grey area where we can allow the use of another pair of MAGIC IIs.

Fair enough, just out of curiosity, does the French M2000C-5 actually have the wiring on inner wing pylons for the Magic II? That`s how I understand it from your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But why not, Zeus?

And what about the ARMAT missile?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcDVoefMlWMSgVc2uiKKo_byChsjF_UglaG6M43KLExhxrT0fqjg

Because, like the ARMAT, it is a contentious issue. It has the capability but there are no examples of any aircraft in any airforce ever using them. That specific photo that you posted is considered to be a marketing stunt by the missile maker to promote sales. That those missiles were indeed loaded into the aircraft but that was it. They were not connected to the PCA. A claim that is difficult to counter since that is the only image of a M-2000C carrying ARMATs.

The ARMAT is still in limbo at this time. We'll see when we update the weapons suite, which is the last step in the aircraft development.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Fair enough, just out of curiosity, does the French M2000C-5 actually have the wiring on inner wing pylons for the Magic II? That`s how I understand it from your post.

Probably but not likely. The M-2000C-5 uses MICA almost exclusively, which are more advanced than both the MAGIC II and Super 530D, and can carry more of them and still leave the inner wing pylons free to carry fuel tanks.

Probably but not likely. The M-2000C-5 uses MICA almost exclusively, which are more advanced than both the MAGIC II and Super 530D, and can carry more of them and still leave the inner wing pylons free to carry fuel tanks.

Gotcha, makes sense, never really seen it without the MICA`s. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because, like the ARMAT, it is a contentious issue. It has the capability but there are no examples of any aircraft in any airforce ever using them. That specific photo that you posted is considered to be a marketing stunt by the missile maker to promote sales. That those missiles were indeed loaded into the aircraft but that was it. They were not connected to the PCA. A claim that is difficult to counter since that is the only image of a M-2000C carrying ARMATs.

The ARMAT is still in limbo at this time. We'll see when we update the weapons suite, which is the last step in the aircraft development.

:thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This most recent beta update is fantastic. Close combat mode worked great. The radar only lost lock when a contact jammed at a distance or flew out of line of site! This aircraft also takes off well and the new sounds are great. I was blown away, to day the aircraft performed like a complete module. I can't believe that we still get more!

Thanks again. I can't say enough good about it. I flew it all night in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the autolock feature of the close combat mode active now??

If so, how can such changens be made and be ignored in the changelog??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

They're not ...

It's in the changelog

Jeffdude said that close combat mode was working great, so I assumed the autolock feature had been implemented... Guess I was wrong

But there are no changes in the M2000C mentioned in yesterday's changelog...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Its only in Open Beta , if you are using Stable version you need to wait.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jeffdude said that close combat mode was working great, so I assumed the autolock feature had been implemented... Guess I was wrong

But there are no changes in the M2000C mentioned in yesterday's changelog...

Not in the ED Changelog.

Razbams Changelog.

Hi all, here are the pending updates that you guys will see very soon, I'll move this to the title post as soon as the update is available to all of you:

• Added autolock for CCM mode
  • Added custom DEFA gun with updated shell definitions
  • Added auto-start sequence
  • Added requirement to close FBW test cover after FBW test completed for DECOL to go out
  • Added functionality for Eclair pod
  • Added PPA functionality (Still WIP)
  • Added Hide/Show Throttle and Stick keyboard and joystick commands
  • Added sound for brake handle and gear lever
  • Added sound for canopy control and movement
  • Added glow, reflection, bloom for police and refuel light
  • Added AOA warning parameters in AP mode
  • Added separate sound and warning logic for bingo fuel
  • Added DECOL warning logic (Take-off Authorization). Requires FBW test after engine start in addition to normal startup procedures
  • Added separate braking modes depending on situation (Max, Normal, Landing, Parking)
  • Added ability to load MagicII on inboard pylons
  • Added ability to load Matra Rockets on outboard pylons
  • Added brake light when brakes applied
  • Added animation and control for anemo (pitot-static) heat override switch
  • Added Anemo caution light when pitot heat disabled
  • Added gain light when pitot-static port frozen over
  • Added smoke release keybind
  • Added simple icing model
  • Added rate-limit on slip ball
  • Added motion to refuel light opening out
  • Updated fuel cutoff to enabled in cold start
  • Updated smokewinder usage logic
  • Updated PPA/PCA logic to be more stable
  • Updated hydraulic gauge
  • Updated lights for external model
  • Updated auto-start procedure for FBW test requirements
  • Updated various radar logic to be more correct
  • Updated takeoff/landing performance
  • Updated gear and rolling friction
  • Updated FBW control transition logic
  • Updated aerodynamic performance for more correct ITR/STR
  • Updated jamming handling
  • Updated roll rate behavior
  • Updated all missions to use custom defined missiles
  • Updated auto-start sequence
  • Updated HUD for safed gun
  • Updated all sounds to OGG for compatibility
  • Updated AOA warning parameters
  • Updated thrust at idle to sometimes cause roll on idle
  • Updated gear configuration to minimize gear shaking when rolling
  • Fixed TACAN REC mode not showing bearing in REC mode
  • Fixed VOR/ILS not turning off when switched OFF
  • Fixed ground power logic
  • Fixed radar for fake contacts
  • Fixed inconcistencies for sensor instrument values
  • Fixed hydraulic pressure checks on EFM side
  • Fixed pilot visor toggle not working
  • Fixed FBW spin on/off bad transition
  • Fixed AP altitude control oscillation
  • Fixed engine dial not showing 100% sometimes when it should
  • Fixed position of fuel crossfeed dial for aut-start and initial condition
  • Fixed ALT1 and ALT2 lights on with engine on and ground power until ground power pulled
  • Fixed many switch/dial inconsistencies
  • Fixed red warning sound
  • Fixed timing for yellow caution sound
  • Fixed limits on controls indicator
  • Fixed problem in FBW logic not going to correct values in full pitch down and right
  • Fixed cold start having wrong loadout
  • Fixed V and AV Fuel Lights should go out at same time (not sequentially)
  • Fixed AC power available at 45% (not 40%)
  • Fixed fuel tank empty lights remain on even with no power at all
  • Fixed reset FBW trim when AP mster or standby pressed
  • Fixed various radar issues
  • Fixed radar lock lost bug
  • Fixed radar STT lock bug
  • Fixed rarar STT azimuth and elevation range
  • Fixed HUD accel parameter to correctly show negative accel when landing
  • Fixed weapons stuck on empty wing when wing destroyed
  • Fixed ven switch logic issues to prevent start in VENT
  • Fixed RWR sound effects
  • Fixed some uninitialized variables
  • Fixed fuel dump allowing you it to stop, should dump until all external tanks empty once started
  • Fixed fuel controller issue when 100% RPM maintained causing bad pressure calculations
  • Removed usage of DCS built-in S530 and MagicII
  • Removed unnecessary redundant texture
  • Removed gear warning sound that does not exist (Limit warning sound WIP)

All this was in the Open beta patch.

Not in the ED Changelog.

Razbams Changelog.

All this was in the Open beta patch.

Oh, ok!!

Thanks alot!

These changes were not implemented in Open Alpha, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, ok!!

Thanks alot!

These changes were not implemented in Open Alpha, right?

They will be available on the next Open Alpha update.

Awesome update Zeus, especially enjoying the auto lock.... The M2000C is by far one of the best modules.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I`m using the Open beta M2000C Folder with stable release (i know i know) but it works at the moment and i`m really really enjoying it now.

the auto lock is working amazing, when we`ll get magic slave for radar it will be perfect.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]