Removed

CptSmiley

Is that the presentation of the bullseye itself or the TDC coordinates dependent to the bullseye? So, do the numbers change, if I slew the TDC?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I started working with the INS. 1st thing that I have crossed out: How to select the bullseye.

In this image, waypoint 2 is the bullseye. Below you have distance and bearing to it.

13417553_1032783180141653_1797871557156558961_n.jpg?oh=47153b86f8034cd8d60d6816f4d75f16&oe=580F8FC5&__gda__=1472845564_ca4c946fdabcef8628a72cc557a8c4e5

In this image, 00 indicates that no bullseye has been selected. In that case you have TDC range and bearing.

13332914_1032783243474980_9160624011254076713_n.jpg?oh=ebc98a64f11815cbbfe574262b542422&oe=57D0365B

Bullseye is selected by clicking on the N button in the VTB.

holy crap, that's gonna be hard to understand for a dude who never played A-10C Warthog mod ...

I googled this bullseye waypoint - all links lead to this forum of A-10C players ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

holy crap, that's gonna be hard to understand for a dude who never played A-10C Warthog mod ...

I googled this bullseye waypoint - all links lead to this forum of A-10C players ...

Normally you can set any waypoint or simple coordinates to the bullseye in your navigation computer (here INS, in the A-10C called CDU/ EGI).

The bullseye is a virtual checkpoint and is used as reference for all aircraft assets in a mission. With the bullseye, you can call out targets (air and land based) on a basing point, which is the same for all. That's superior to the so called BRAA call, because that's only accurate when you're in the same flight.

Simple example: You can report target at bullseye 270/40. That means, that the target is 40 miles away and with the radial 270 from the bullseye (or 270° from the bullseye). If you get also the tracking (heading of the contact) and look at your own heading, you can easy calculate how to intercept/ find these contact.

By looking at the screens from Zeus, the range and bearing are inverted. Is that correct? :huh:

Edit: I did a tutorial about that topic, some time ago. Unfortunately it's in German. :music_whistling:

Edited by VTJG17_Fire
adding video
  • Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By looking at the screens from Zeus, the range and bearing are inverted. Is that correct? :huh:

I used this photo, an many others like it. In the M-2000C VTB the order is RANGE/BEARING.

2117350368_VTBBE.jpg.c90aabf8008edbbd71da22f39c28f75c.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Nice, Zeus. Can't wait to see that :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good work. INS + campaign, finally !

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I used this photo, an many others like it. In the M-2000C VTB the order is RANGE/BEARING.

Ok, thanks. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the current Special Options menu for the M-2000C.

13406746_1033015093451795_5638656987944104219_n.jpg?oh=cfbedd0c88c806102c36da7233f3ea86&oe=580E437C&__gda__=1472441712_7df4b9de31b128522a8526f273dd5e8b

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Sweet. How's the INS coming along? When the patch for the M2K comes can we get a full patch list of stuff that made it through

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Great news!

I think that the "INS and Drift" options suit better in the M2000C Special tab of the Mission Editor. Could it be possible?

Why is the drift an option at all?

I think, it is good as it is right now (or will be with the next update). It is a difficulty setting and as such it is better suited for the Options/Special/M2KC tab than as a per-mission setting. (either it drifts or it drifts not. But not "today it drifts, next flight it doesnt")

And as difficulty setting, it is nothing wrong to have a way to disable it (default should be "on", though, realism ftw!).

I think, it is good as it is right now (or will be with the next update). It is a difficulty setting and as such it is better suited for the Options/Special/M2KC tab than as a per-mission setting. (either it drifts or it drifts not. But not "today it drifts, next flight it doesnt")

And as difficulty setting, it is nothing wrong to have a way to disable it (default should be "on", though, realism ftw!).

Difficulty settings should be forceable by the server in MP IMHO. So I'm not really happy with the option to disable alignment/drift in the special options. To be honest, I don't know why this is an option at all? It's not really a difficulty setting. It is part of the aircraft and nothing you could just "turn off". So players who don't care about realism would have an unfair advantage in MP, not having to deal with drift or waiting for alignment :(

I wonder what would happen if ED decides to give players the option to disable alignment for the A-10C? Or why not give players the option to disable warm-up times for the missiles too? I don't see why this is any different.

----------------------

Quick question: How will INS update to reset drift be handled in DCS?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Perhaps its because the drift isn't able to be modelled, it isnt consistent and therefore can hit you with unreliable frequency a bit like how random failures are either on or off, because in reality a random failure is a very low chance but to make it apparent they are forced faster? I don't know how to explain that better, but I can understand a certain point of view if drift isn't consistent and I also undertand how it can sound silly to turn an aspect of realism off

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

IMO the server should force the INS drift option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, forgot that. The INS alignment should absolutly be forced by the server. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps its because the drift isn't able to be modelled, it isnt consistent and therefore can hit you with unreliable frequency a bit like how random failures are either on or off, because in reality a random failure is a very low chance but to make it apparent they are forced faster? I don't know how to explain that better, but I can understand a certain point of view if drift isn't consistent and I also undertand how it can sound silly to turn an aspect of realism off

Why should it not be possible to model it consistent? It's simple math. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

One question about bullseye display at VTB, is relative to the airplane itself or the TDC/pointer?

It's the TDC coordinates from the BE.

If you want your position from the BE select it as waypoint for navigation

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Difficulty settings should be forceable by the server in MP IMHO. So I'm not really happy with the option to disable alignment/drift in the special options. To be honest, I don't know why this is an option at all? It's not really a difficulty setting. It is part of the aircraft and nothing you could just "turn off". So players who don't care about realism would have an unfair advantage in MP, not having to deal with drift or waiting for alignment :(

I wonder what would happen if ED decides to give players the option to disable alignment for the A-10C? Or why not give players the option to disable warm-up times for the missiles too? I don't see why this is any different.

----------------------

Quick question: How will INS update to reset drift be handled in DCS?

They already do have advantages by flying FC3 fighters :music_whistling:

INS drift or missile's warm up is surely not specific to M-2000. But currently it would be the only one to model it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Why is the drift an option at all?

Because slowly but steadily the aircraft is becoming a handful to operate. Many of you like it that way, but there are people who don't. For them it becomes a job and not fun. I want to give them options to configure aircraft operation to something that suits them.

You want to make Gyro Drift enforceable by the Mission Editor. I disagree with that, I feel that there is enough work in the cockpit for many people. But, I am not dismissing your comments.

Stuff like missile delay and preparation times are enforced because those are things that the aircraft automatically does. They do not require pilot input. But gyro drift do require pilot input and in the case of INS alignment, a long time sitting in the tarmac waiting for it to end.

This is not balance, because these two option in no way affect how the aircraft handles or how its weapons operate. But they are something that many people will appreciate. You still have plenty of switches to click around. :)