Removed

CptSmiley

I think you've misunderstood my question. I know that ED are the ones who decides when what gets patched etc. My question was whether these changes have made it internally to both branches of the codebase?

I have to say that i don't know (anybody know ?) but i guess that ED makes a "pull" from each external modules "repositories" (in their current state) in order before building a new update whatever the 1.X or 2.X branch.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't urgent but has there been any news on when the synthetic HUD runway visualisation will be fully finished in the mirage? At the moment it only works if the waypoint is added using the mission editor and not in the pit. It also doesn't account for drift at all by appearing perfectly in place independent to the length of flight (I assume this is incorrect)?

I imagine that the correct data needs to be inputted into the INS computer for it to completely work?

I often fly with over thirty pilots on a completely controlled coop server and editing waypoints in the mission editor before hand is never an option. We always have to inputs 5-15 waypoints at the beginning of the mission and this means we never have a synthetic runway and in IMC conditions just rely on approach charts and ILS. It would be great to get this feature fully working.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Thank you so much for patching our baby's FM ;) Always knew you won't let us down ^^ Still my favorite ride in the game by the way !

any news on when the synthetic HUD runway visualisation

Same for me, would be so nice if you have some time left ;)

Edited by NOiD
Signature

I know this isn't urgent but has there been any news on when the synthetic HUD runway visualisation will be fully finished in the mirage? At the moment it only works if the waypoint is added using the mission editor and not in the pit. It also doesn't account for drift at all by appearing perfectly in place independent to the length of flight (I assume this is incorrect)?

I imagine that the correct data needs to be inputted into the INS computer for it to completely work?

I often fly with over thirty pilots on a completely controlled coop server and editing waypoints in the mission editor before hand is never an option. We always have to inputs 5-15 waypoints at the beginning of the mission and this means we never have a synthetic runway and in IMC conditions just rely on approach charts and ILS. It would be great to get this feature fully working.

Thanks in advance for any information.

i think that sinthetic runway comes from ils, so... it cannot drift?

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

Yes. You need to input data into PCN, but in the end it relies on ILS which cancel any drift.

Do you know how does the mirage system know a waypoint entered in INS is a landing point (how should it on the real thing) ? ILS ON triggers HUD synthetic runway automatically ?

Edited by NOiD

You must select "APP" mode on PCA to get the landing symbology.

Synthetic runway is optional for ILS landing. You can use ILS without it.

To use synthetic runway you must input into PCN:

- threshold coordinates (Lat/ Long/ Alt)

- set CP/ PD (runway heading / glide slope)

- set altimeter to QFE

Select ILS frequency on VOR/ ILS command box

Select APP mode on PCA.

So it needs some preparation...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

You must select "APP" mode on PCA to get the landing symbology.

Ok thanks :) Can't wait to have this feature working with waypoints entered in flight, so convenient for hard weathers ^^

Hi Sarge, once again I'm the bearer of bad news :( still going through the final phases of the FM update.

The FM has made huge improvements but now that the aerodynamics are correct I'm having to update the FBW and the AP gains so that the aircraft has the correct feel which is a very tricky thing. General flight we are in very good shape and ready to go, but in takeoff and landing with gear impacting the ground the physics change and it's very hard to tune it to behave properly, which is where we are at now. If you all have been early since the initial launch you recall the back and forth of getting takeoff/landing feeling correct, and I would like to avoid that vicious cycle!

What has been improved:

- Takeoff acceleration (powerplant improvements)

- STR and ITR much closer to correct values, especially ITR which was much lower before

- Slow flight behavior - before turned into a brick, now you will definitely still lose energy at high AOA but aircraft is much more forgiving as described by pilot reports

- Climb performance - general performance timing of aircraft improved

- Supersonic acceleration timing - improved to match best known numbers

- AOA trim - improved found that in general too high trim AOA for level flight performance

- Airfoil coefficient tables updated - corrected to give correct performance through flight envelope

I'll keep you guys updated on progress and apologies that it's taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

Any updates to this superb simulation are welcome!

I remain confused as to which version of DCS world will get them?

My main question is concerning 2.1.1 and Deferred Shading. With Deferred Shading on the internal cockpit canopy reflections are terrible and the HUD can not be read against a bright sky. The only way I can get around this is to turn up the white flood lights to maximum and drop my helmet visor. This ruins the well modelled cockpit!

Thanks for this aircraft.:thumbup:

I presume the Harrier and DCS F_18 will have the lighting corrected?:music_whistling:

Best regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I just read that the mirage supports in real life autopilot that can use ILS to glide towards the runway. Very cool feature. In the manual it says that this feature is not implemented in beta. Is the mirage still in beta and does anybody know if this is still planned to be implemented?

It actually would be cool to have a list of all modules and their status, released, beta, pre-release. They are getting too many to keep all in my head.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

You can already use ILS on any airport.

Yes but HUD runway only works if the waypoint is set as landing point in game editor, as far as i know you cannot do that on a new waypoint set in flight. That was my question, how that works on the real thing ? ;)

Edited by NOiD

I just read that the mirage supports in real life autopilot that can use ILS to glide towards the runway. Very cool feature. In the manual it says that this feature is not implemented in beta. Is the mirage still in beta and does anybody know if this is still planned to be implemented?

It actually would be cool to have a list of all modules and their status, released, beta, pre-release. They are getting too many to keep all in my head.

The approch auto pilot is implemented and work well. As you said it does not land the plane, it will just fly the plane on the ILS up to your décision altitude.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yes but HUD runway only works if the waypoint is set as landing point in game editor, as far as i know you cannot do that on a new waypoint set in flight. That was my question, how that works on the real thing ? ;)

IRL this is it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3185688&postcount=4785

Not yet in DCS.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The approch auto pilot is implemented and work well. As you said it does not land the plane, it will just fly the plane on the ILS up to your décision altitude.

Incredible. This needs to be updated into the nice guide by chuck. Will try out as soon as I can. Thanks!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Hi RB team, from a note of ED last friday the 1.5.7 update (OB or release IDK) is planed for today. Can we hope for any change to our M2000C in this upcoming update ?

All the changes that have been released for the Open Alpha should also come with todays OB patch.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't remember any changes in the Open Alpha, was there any that is not already in the current 1.5 ?

Oh, it's been so long since 1.5 got updated, that I thought there would be some changes that are already in 2.x.

Maybe Cpt. Smiley did have time now to get the following changes ready?

Hi Sarge, once again I'm the bearer of bad news sad.gif still going through the final phases of the FM update.

The FM has made huge improvements but now that the aerodynamics are correct I'm having to update the FBW and the AP gains so that the aircraft has the correct feel which is a very tricky thing. General flight we are in very good shape and ready to go, but in takeoff and landing with gear impacting the ground the physics change and it's very hard to tune it to behave properly, which is where we are at now. If you all have been early since the initial launch you recall the back and forth of getting takeoff/landing feeling correct, and I would like to avoid that vicious cycle!

What has been improved:

- Takeoff acceleration (powerplant improvements)

- STR and ITR much closer to correct values, especially ITR which was much lower before

- Slow flight behavior - before turned into a brick, now you will definitely still lose energy at high AOA but aircraft is much more forgiving as described by pilot reports

- Climb performance - general performance timing of aircraft improved

- Supersonic acceleration timing - improved to match best known numbers

- AOA trim - improved found that in general too high trim AOA for level flight performance

- Airfoil coefficient tables updated - corrected to give correct performance through flight envelope

I'll keep you guys updated on progress and apologies that it's taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg