Removed

CptSmiley

When you start a new mission in ME yes it display 112/16, that's right.

But even without the pod I can set 130/32 (and in cockpit it display 128/32).

And to add the pod don't increase 112/16 to 130/132 automaticaly.

If you play with Chaff and flare cursors you will see there is a problem.

We know. The problem is on ED's side. Currently you cannot add chaff/flare pods that carry their own quantities of consumables. You have to add them to the aircraft. The problem you see is out imperfect solution to this problem.

That will be fixed as soon as ED enable chaff/flare pods that can carry their own consumables, like a rocket pod with its own rockets. We have made the request and they promised to work on it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but, is there a changelog for today update ? I don't find it :(

Here it is: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2776051&postcount=1776

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

But that list is for the Open Beta Zeus?

Thanks

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

But that list is for the Open Beta Zeus?

Thanks

Yes.

Smokewinders disable other pylons

Smokewinders seem to disable the use of all other pylons, except for the smokewinder-capable ones (centreline, outer wings).

The outer wing pylons are completely usable, so this doesn't seem like a generic "no weapons with smoke generators" restriction, and it also precludes the use of wing fuel tanks (centreline fuel tank is okay).

Is this intended, sort of intended, or just a straight-up bug?

Smokewinders seem to disable the use of all other pylons, except for the smokewinder-capable ones (centreline, outer wings).

The outer wing pylons are completely usable, so this doesn't seem like a generic "no weapons with smoke generators" restriction, and it also precludes the use of wing fuel tanks (centreline fuel tank is okay).

Is this intended, sort of intended, or just a straight-up bug?

sorta. If you use the smokewinders then you shouldn't load weapons. But the fuel tanks thing is a bug. Thanks, will check.

We know. The problem is on ED's side. Currently you cannot add chaff/flare pods that carry their own quantities of consumables. You have to add them to the aircraft. The problem you see is out imperfect solution to this problem.

That will be fixed as soon as ED enable chaff/flare pods that can carry their own consumables, like a rocket pod with its own rockets. We have made the request and they promised to work on it.

Ok, thanks for the answer !

I thought it was possible because with the Huey when you remove external hardpoints it remove flares pod model and set in-cockpit counter to 0. But I tested it and in fact it's a trick; flare are still present and usable. I understand the problem now. ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

If you like the extra magics, use them. If you don't.. don't. How hard is that?

Doesn't work in MP which is what I'm playing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The DECOL system is kinda confusing.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You just need to test the FBW to make the light go off.

That's not my case. For some reason, after the engine startup and the FBW test, the DECOL light still on.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you closed the switche's cover?

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may also be required to test the AP as well.

Yeah.

I'll try this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may also be required to test the AP as well.

Thanks, It worked!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I get home I'll get you all a list of what is required for Takeoff Authorization (DECOL light to go out).

EDIT: AP test is not one of those requirements and make sure you do FBW test with engines on, it is not sufficient for it to be done with engines off.

Well, the AP test worked for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EDIT: AP test is not one of those requirements and make sure you do FBW test with engines on, it is not sufficient for it to be done with engines off.

Thanks, It worked!:thumbup:
Bug found? :D
Edited by Gliptal

Bug found? :D

Maybe. hahaha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since we're at it, the question got lost in the changelog discussion a few pages ago: have you managed to take a look at the FPM swerving around the HUD during banks and high AoA manuevers? Not having it stick to the center of the ladder is a bit annoying.

If you like the extra magics, use them. If you don't.. don't. How hard is that?

Obviously you are not getting the point. When you read the definition of "authenticity" and think about that concept a little, come back.

Anyways, fair enough Zeus67, thx for quick answer. The reason I really mention it is because there is no way to limit it to the French or Greek version in a mission. That and the fact that with unrealistic loads, it gets more research heavy on what sort of load out this/that plane is capable of carrying in real life. The aspect of limiting myself is not really a problem, but would be good if we could avoid something that LN has already done with Mig21bis and their KH-66 GROM missile, for the sake of reality. Again, nothing serious, but would be lovely if you guys found a fix for this in the future. Thx again, great job this far :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]