Trim not working?

sonic

How to test:

After firing 2 missile from the same wing i got into asymetric load. My missiles wing dragging more i try to trim but it was not working.

Disabling FBW having an rodeo try to trim without it and reactivating FBW seemed to help.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Never noticed this before but after the patch i did a couple of test flights and with for example only one Magic missile left under my right wing the aircaft is rolling to the right and i can't trim it neutral. There is no difference if i press the trim - left wing down(yes it is assigned correct in the options - checked it and assigned it twice for testing) for 1sec or 30sec or once or 30 times the aircraft is still rolling to the right. After i jettisoned the Magic the aircraft started to slightly roll to the left and i was able to trim the aircraft neutral. Is this a bug or is something messed up with my game(doesn't edit/mod any files) or is the trim in the real aircraft not capable to trim neutral the aircraft with a single Magic missile left under the wing? Test flight was without any wind settings in the mission editor.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I have the same problem, the aileron trim is not working when i have asymmetrical loads.

The trim buttons are working fine for making heading/altitude adjustments to the autopilot.

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Only if the real A/C has it.

IIRC there's a trim panel that you use for that purpose (showing the trims positions), but no recenter.

The thing bellow L/G lights that have no precisions at all ? I hope mirage's pilotes have something better...

The thing bellow L/G lights that have no precisions at all ? I hope mirage's pilotes have something better...

You don't trim according to the indicators, you trim according to how the aircraft flies, so the indicators should be enough.

The only moment reset trim is needed is for take off, that's why some aircraft have a T/O trim button (like the A-10C)

... ( anyway, i know it's useless to debate with "realism enthusiasts" but... even if the "reset trim" command is implemented, you are not forced to use it... and, i don't think that would make huge difference during online games, between who use it, and who don't... but maybe it's very important to DON'T implement this command... because this is not realistic, but this is a logic that i can't handle... )

Edited by sedenion

... ( anyway, i know it's useless to debate with "realism enthusiasts" but... even if the "reset trim" command is implemented, you are not forced to use it... and, i don't think that would make huge difference during online games, between who use it, and who don't... but maybe it's very important to DON'T implement this command... because this is not realistic, but this is a logic that i can't handle... )

You're funny :lol:

If that makes you feel better, I won't care if it's implemented either.

I got carried over explaining why it was not needed because IRL this is not how we trim. But you can have it if you want ;)

In other words I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, I'm saying it is not missing.

Edited by PiedDroit

You're funny :lol:

If that makes you feel better, I won't care if it's implemented either.

I got carried over explaining why it was not needed because IRL this is not how we trim. But you can have it if you want ;)

Chat échaudé craint l'eau froide... The "war for realism" and "against "Arcade"" becomes wired sometimes... (the fact is that i just can't hear the "realism" argument any more without being mad since some have some strange relation with this famous "realism")

In other words I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, I'm saying it is not missing.

Depend point of view... it's missing as "gameplay helper command" (my pov), it's not missing as "aircraft simulation feature" (your pov). I don't say i will use it... bt this is a pretty standard DCS command...

Edited by sedenion

Only if the real A/C has it.

IIRC there's a trim panel that you use for that purpose (showing the trims positions), but no recenter.

I don't need a recenter trim button.

What happens is this:

Trim is centered.

I hit trim right one time.

Plane is now banking slightly to the right.

I hit trim left one time.

Plane is now banking slightly to the left.

There is NO WAY to actually center the trim left/right now, because moving back through center actually seems to skip the center position. I need to move through centered to include the centered trim position.

--gos

A "recenter trim" command is missing anyway...

I think the mirage has no center function (like the most airplanes)

Yep, we have no IFF, no MWS, now we have no aileron trim. we have a big disadvantage agsinst flaming cliffs.

Please fix this soon, at least for the next update. the servers getting more and more empty and more and more guys wont fly DCS anymore until we have a normal chance against flaming cliffs

Should we be feeling the effects of an asymmetric load ? If the FBW system is a roll rate rate demand and the pilot is demanding zero roll rate (stick lateral neutral) shouldn't the FBW system cater for the asymmetry ?

This. I have not yet felt the need to trim this aircraft. It flies pretty much where I point the nose.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Should we be feeling the effects of an asymmetric load ? If the FBW system is a roll rate rate demand and the pilot is demanding zero roll rate (stick lateral neutral) shouldn't the FBW system cater for the asymmetry ?

IIRC the BMS F-16 also needs manual trimming for asymmetrical loads, so I guess was a limitation of FBW systems at the time (and now?)

This. I have not yet felt the need to trim this aircraft. It flies pretty much where I point the nose.

Try loading a fuel tank under one wing and bombs under the other :joystick: