DCS 2.0 Nevada stutter help

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that Civilian traffic to off doesnt do a thing.

See picture :

6WisOJ6.jpg

Also i wonder what makes it so that when i fly alone i have 0 problems at all and as soon as other aircraft are involved all hell breaks lose... Are the aircraft and scripts that are being used to make the red flag campaigns so hardware intensive ? I cant get my mind to understand how a few aircraft and scripts bring so much stuttering along.

Are the scripts causing alot of errors underneath where the code is hard at work to just jump over and continue on? Because if that is the case i can imagine the sim having a hard time. Alot of extra resources needed just to evade and keep going while being hammered by errors is like a toddler clinging on your leg while trying to move as fast as possible.

Does civilian traffic refer to ground vehicles or aircraft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

I too WAS having a lot of trouble with the shuttering and the lag:( so i started to remove things from my setup:cry: and i found that if i removed my TracIR from the setup the lag and shuttering was nowhere near as bad:thumbup:still had some. So How many of you guys /gals are running TracIR? and those that are could you/would you test and see if you get any changes in shuttering and lag?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I find using trackir to be very jerky and unpleasant.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I too WAS having a lot of trouble with the shuttering and the lag:( so i started to remove things from my setup:cry: and i found that if i removed my TracIR from the setup the lag and shuttering was nowhere near as bad:thumbup:still had some. So How many of you guys /gals are running TracIR? and those that are could you/would you test and see if you get any changes in shuttering and lag?

That doesn't seem to change anything here, still stuttering a lot for a reason I haven't found out yet. FPS are more or less OK but there are many irregular short freezes and it's all but smooth.

If you don't have the latest version of TrackIR driver (5.4.0), you could try and upgrade because there was a fix "Fixed an issue where certain NVIDIA GPUs might step down to a lower power state while the TrackIR software was active.". Made no difference in my case, but it might for you, especially if you see a difference with/without using it.

We should probably also attach the system settings and logs more systematically, as required. I did, not sure whether support had any chance to look at it though.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Trackir for me is smooth only at 144fps, 120 is ok, but anything less and the stuttering is too distracting. I am running my monitor at 120hz, I have also tried it at other settings but the blur and stuttering are too much below 120.

i7-4790k stock 4.4 / gtx 980ti / 16gb ram / 256gb ssd (os) / 256gb ssd for apps / Acer XB27OHU 27" g-sync

I am the same but at 60FPS as my monitor is 60Hz.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

No issues with TIR here With or with out VSync at any FPS. Will never fly without it.

I am on a 55" plasma at 60 Hz

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be the loading of objects when they enter the field of view.

I have the same exact problem with 1.5.3, when turning the head in a new direction, the rendering freezes suddenly if that's a new direction, or if I zoom more than before and there are objects to display. Then the next time I turn my head in that direction again it's fine.

Sometimes it freezes just for a few milliseconds, but it can be up to one or two seconds. Typically 5-10 seconds in the case of NTTR, the first time I start it. It happens later during the flight, it's not only at the start, though it's usually more severe when starting, especially the first time (I suppose the reading is done from the cache the next time, if this part is not flushed, which is probably not often with 16 GB of memory).

As shown in my settings up in this thread, the visibility range is high, or ultra, doesn't seem to make any difference. The preload radius, supposedly more relevant here, is maximum.

Would there be something wrong with the pre-loading?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Try disabling tacview. It was recommended by a buddy from the 99th squadron and it worked for me.

Interesting. I'll give that a try. I really like the F99th's 2.0.1 current missions---much fun.

I have TIR5 but I don't use it, hardly ever. It throws me, messes up my awareness.

I have a 3D monitor that is really cool, that I also rarely never use because of the same reason, in-game. Watching a 3D movie is cool.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tacview is only reading from the shared memory, it shouldn't generate any stuttering. I did the test just to be sure and

- without Tacview, on the first time in NTTR, lots of stuttering,

- with Tacview, on next times, no stuttering, at least nothing noticeable. Maybe here and there, very occasionally in places that were not loaded on the first time.

Anyway, in doubt you can still launch Tacview anytime before leaving DCS, it will still find the past missions run during the last session. Since it's not yet interactive the result is the same.

btw. monitor with g-sync solves a lot of stutters....

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

btw. monitor with g-sync solves a lot of stutters....

100%

Worth every penny and for gaming I say 144Hz over IPS, it really makes a diff..

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

G synch monitors are not the issue with stuttering, this does nothing to eradicate stuttering

System Specs, Core i7 950 OC 4.2Ghz, 1.5TB Hdd, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 24GB Ram, WIN 10 64 Bit, 1000w PSU ,Trackir5, Thrustmaster Warthog:)

yes it does

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

gsync is not only monitor.....

i turn it off and some stutter comes back....ola.....turn it on = no stutter.

it is a bidirectional interface between gpu and gsync chip in lcd

I don't believe after testing that the issues in this thread are related to the monitor... We agree to disagree

System Specs, Core i7 950 OC 4.2Ghz, 1.5TB Hdd, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 24GB Ram, WIN 10 64 Bit, 1000w PSU ,Trackir5, Thrustmaster Warthog:)

Freezes (for 1 second or more) and stutters are very annoying, especially when zooming in/out/in/out or looking left/right when entering in a new area. Don't know with wich FOV while in cockpit you guys are using, but i try the following (in the Mirage):

-FOV 60/65: stutter/freezes, looking around is a pain.

-FOV 90/95: no stutters and still freezes but less, only at the start of the mission and sometimes in new area, not more.

Make sense, FOV is a zoom after all. Sit in you cockpit, the smaller the FOV setting is, the farthest (or furthermost?? not sure about this word :D ) you will be able to see objects. So now i set my FOV to 90 in the Snapviews.lua and it's largely better.

I don't believe after testing that the issues in this thread are related to the monitor... We agree to disagree

Hey,

I only said, as others who own one, that we have zero stutter. thats all.

if your machine is like 4+ghz 16gb 980+ ssd than there is no reason for stutter, i would then really consider timing and mistiming as a cause... that's what i tried to say.

I have also noticed better overall mission load speed in 2.0 since i run DCS off a 2nd SSD, see sig..

No probs , maybe the issues are different for everybody

no SSD ? (from your sig)

well.... I wonder why you search for a reason for stutter as long as you have a HDD installed.

Move to a SSD so one can exclude this as the reason.