RF 16-2 -- feedback

SDsc0rch

So far so good and now that I have the briefings printed it makes this much easier.

Big fan of your work Steve, I have many of your books sitting right behind me on my shelf.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Fantastic work guys! Steve, not a big deal, small typo but I figured I'd let you know. In the intro PDF there are words that say "The airspace we use for Red Flag is known as the Nevada Test and Training Ranges (NTTR). We’ll be stationed at Nellis AFB for the two-week TDY (temporary duty assignment), and we’ll fly all our missions in the northern half of the NTTR ranges (red bounding box in the map above)."

The map is actually below the text in the pdf, not above.

Great campaign so far, I'm loving the attention to detail, good job guys! Just wondering if you fail to complete a mission, does it roll back to a previous stage like the stock MIG-21 campaign? Had to exit a mission yesterday and found myself having to complete the one before for the second time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

first let me say that I'm enjoying the campaign so far, nice to see that Nevada is being put into good use, gave me some inspiration for custom missions too :-) I also like the extended maps and documents available, very nice, detailed and interesting read! I flew 3 missions so far and all went well. First two missions were pretty much simple sightseeing, I like the way the campaign starts by arriving into the area after a long haul across the ocean. 3rd mission that I just finished was the first offensive mission. During this mission things got a bit silly though. Out of my 4 ship flight only 2 of us managed to return home as the other 2 guys ran out of fuel and ejected just minutes after crossing the FEBA line :-) Me and the other guy managed to score 4 kills, complete the mission and I landed back at Nellis with well over 5000 lbs of fuel still left onboard (I flew the whole in and out procedures too), don't know why those other two guys were burning so hard :-) They probably must have used up their externals when we were still staging in caliente bravo. We arrived like 3 or 4 minutes early so we did a lazy loop waiting for the push start at 16:07. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add some "dont use burner" command to the radio, like there is for radar and ecm. Anyway good stuff so far, I'm looking forward to the rest of the missions as well as the A10C campaign. :thumbup:

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Come on folks...

I've put maybe 2 hours into flying the F15 at the very most including "screwing around" flying just doing fly-bys and high speed NOE flying just for fun. I think before this campaign I had shot down exactly 0 aircraft in the F15.

I finished the first mission on the first try. No problem. 4 kills. Though after the mission I realized the mission briefing (the one in the game... not the downloaded stuff we got later... I flew it before I had that stuff) specifically told me NOT to fire unless fired upon. Oops. Maybe I should have just bugged them until they fired on me or turned towards home?

Anyway...

COMPLETE F15 noob here and I finished the mission because I read the dang in game briefing.

The BE thing was a little confusing to me because I didn't know about that practice but they said very clearly to NOT cross the FEBA line. I didn't know where that was exactly... but I figured it was somewhere between us and them so don't get too close. I stayed out of the box because they said "There's a big box south of the AO you don't want to go in. I took a look at my waypoints and figured... It must be about there??? OK. I'll stay away from there.

It's all there even without the latent download... READ.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

So far so good and now that I have the briefings printed it makes this much easier.

Big fan of your work Steve, I have many of your books sitting right behind me on my shelf.

Great to hear, and thank you!

The map is actually below the text in the pdf, not above.

Got it, thanks Buznee!

If I am not mistaken the Player and wingman call signs in the lineup card should be Ford 31 and 32 respectively. Might cause some more confusion.

Copy and thanks. Will be fixed in the next update.

We now have dedicated thread in case you fellas find any more:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158838

Hey Steve...

Considering the limitations of the FC3 Radar modeling...How do you have your HOTAS set up to best reflect the real plane? Especially the ACQ switch. (? Im using a Warthog.)

Sierra 99

My set up is as follows (Warthog):

Stick:

TMS: AUTO ACQ modes (down = VS, left = Boresight, right = FLOOD) and BVR (up)

DMS: Nav modes (up = next SP, down = previous SP, right = nav mode)

ECM: ECM on (press), RWR Volume (left and right to decrease and increase), RWR mode (forward to switch between all and only locked indications) and CMD dispense (back to dispense all)

NWS: toggle high-rate NWS

Trim: trim

Throttle:

Mic: TWS/RWS (forward), PRF (rear), Scan volume increase and decrease (up and down)

Coolie: radar scan up, down, left and right

China: missile step/weapon change (forward)

Left Throttle Button: unlock TWS target / RTS

Slew: TDC and (press) lock contact

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion regarding the Mission Briefing Maps -

I crossed the FEBA in the first mission because I was not familiar with the terrain and landmarks in the area. The Mission Map that comes with the first briefing is not very detailed which made it difficult to get oriented while in the air.

It would have been helpful if the Mission Map included the town of Rachel and the farms which are distinctive landmarks from the air.

Also, maybe the FEBA could be added to the in-game map (F10 View). This would provide a quick reference while flying and help keep the pilot oriented. Pilots have access to charts while in the air, so this would be in keeping with realism.

• Like 1

... Also, maybe the FEBA could be added to the in-game map (F10 View). This would provide a quick reference while flying and help keep the pilot oriented. Pilots have access to charts while in the air, so this would be in keeping with realism.

good idea

better yet, if we could mark up the kneeboard maps with tactically significant features, i think that would be cool...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I have a suggestion regarding the Mission Briefing Maps -

I crossed the FEBA in the first mission because I was not familiar with the terrain and landmarks in the area. The Mission Map that comes with the first briefing is not very detailed which made it difficult to get oriented while in the air.

It would have been helpful if the Mission Map included the town of Rachel and the farms which are distinctive landmarks from the air.

Also, maybe the FEBA could be added to the in-game map (F10 View). This would provide a quick reference while flying and help keep the pilot oriented. Pilots have access to charts while in the air, so this would be in keeping with realism.

Rachel and the farms are marked on the mission maps. It's the pink area just east of the FEBA. Also, this is discussed in the Mission 2 range tour. When in doubt, you can also always check the in-flight F10 view.

Eagle pilots

There's no excuse for crossing the FEBA because the maps aren't detailed enough or you don't know the terrain.

The briefings typically tell you where the FEBA is in relation to your waypoints or BE. If the briefing doesn't give you the information you need, use the mission editor to measure the distance, then note it down on your lineup card (or remember it).

It's your responsibility to use the DME feature of the HSI and keep an eye on how far west you stray from your most western waypoint.

Stay fast and check six!