Warhead mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So, now, you have to put the file with JMGE and apart form that the patch updater???

I mean, if I have to get into the DCS folder, to take something out everytime I want to fly with an integrity check multiplayer mission it will be quite boring. But if it works like always is a really good advance!

Good point about unapplying, for multiplayer.

The thinking behind is that, files like this or another mod I'm working on in the editor, are highly likely to change more often, and with mostly weekly update it's a tedious work to always check what changed and if they added something.

This approach uses the good old patch utility and hopefully only touch portions of a file and so minimize the chance that it will break DCS.

I might still provide the JMGE compatible zip somewhere and add a way to revert all current patches.

Good point about unapplying, for multiplayer.

The thinking behind is that, files like this or another mod I'm working on in the editor, are highly likely to change more often, and with mostly weekly update it's a tedious work to always check what changed and if they added something.

This approach uses the good old patch utility and hopefully only touch portions of a file and so minimize the chance that it will break DCS.

I might still provide the JMGE compatible zip somewhere and add a way to revert all current patches.

Did you include rockets already, long time I don't use it.

• 3 weeks later...

I incorporated the rockets improvements mod into this one and also added a revert batch file to the updater.

Additionally I added a JSGME version of the mod.

Downloads on first page, if you already got the updater and don't need the revert batch file just run the update_warheads_mod.bat.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed instructions, got a fast self closing MSDOS window. How can I know this mod is properly installed? Also, which rockets are improved? Both soviet and american?

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey man, big fan of the mod. are you sure you haven't made a mistake though and uploaded a default warheads.lua? the values for all of the bombs i checked are default values, including gbu10/12 and hydra 70 (all versions)

or maybe i'm an idiot. can you check please though? thx

damn, you are right.

I'm currently away from home and can't access my dcs machine.

If you have the version before I could fix it, if you upload the file somewhere, otherwise you guys would need to wait until Thursday.

Cheers

Edited by Erpe
typo

• 4 months later...

trying to fix this mod

so I was a bit sad I couldnt use the mod as it crash in 1.5.x.

I usually roam the forum but I never post. So I decided to create myself an account so I can contribute

so I took a look at it and its a tweak of the .lua.

so i merged with he new version to make it work again.

if you want to give it a go this is my current version I used with the latest version :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdmi1dia9twvv80/warhead_mod.zip?dl=0

A big thanks Erpe for creating this mod

so I was a bit sad I couldnt use the mod as it crash in 1.5.x.

I usually roam the forum but I never post. So I decided to create myself an account so I can contribute

so I took a look at it and its a tweak of the .lua.

so i merged with he new version to make it work again.

if you want to give it a go this is my current version I used with the latest version :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdmi1dia9twvv80/warhead_mod.zip?dl=0

A big thanks Erpe for creating this mod

Thanks man Ill give it a try!