Warhead mod

Hi!

I uploaded a new version 1.0.4.

I didn't change any values or added any warhead stuff, but i restructured the mod.

Now the changes are done in a seperate lua script file that is called after all original values are written and the modded values are overwritten.

This has 2 advantages:

1. Now it is easier to see what values are changed (without using a diff tool)
  2. Future changes from ED in the warheads.lua file shouldn't break the mod(until its a big change)

Cheers,

Rene

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
latest version starts here with 2.5

how did you install the files? i just stuck em in the DCS folder and then DCS wouldn't start up. when i removed the files then it started up fine?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Translators

It would be nice if you would post results of your research or as you say "google a lot" to back up your claim that your representation is "more realistic"...

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Translators

Saw that in a comments to relevant discussion...

Basically your Mk-82 need to hit tank itself or land like half a meter from it to destroy it..

https://www.quora.com/How-do-fighter-jets-k-kill-blow-up-a-main-battle-tank-efficiently

And don't get me started on crew "knockout" as you would need to present calculations about how much pressure you need to cause outside of tank so its crew would actually feel something..

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Translators

You would barely feel a 1/2 PSI overpressure inside the tank if a 250kg bomb detonated a few meters away, provided the tank was sealed.

Distance matter here a lot, every 10 cm...

AKA LazzySeal

• 2 months later...

After the latest update, DCS is crashing on launch with this mod enabled.

The last line in my log is:

2018-09-01 14:08:35.964 ALERT wInfo: While loading weapons.missiles.BGM_109B: Error while loading ./Scripts/Database/Weapons/schemes/missiles/cruise_missile_vert_start_booster_drop.sch: Parameter not defined: warhead.caliber

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11