The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Is there any way to customise the Mini UI? 

Currently it shows the 6 build slots, but I really doubt if many users have much more than 2 builds and soon to become 1.  Whereas, most users probably use external apps like TrackIR/Opentrack VR client etc.  I feel having less build slots and some expernal app slots in the Mini UI would be really helpful.  Maybe 2 or 3 of the preset slots as well.

Just an idea.

Edited by imacken
  • Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 hours ago, imacken said:

Is there any way to customise the Mini UI? 

Currently it shows the 6 build slots, but I really doubt if many users have much more than 2 builds and soon to become 1.  Whereas, most users probably use external apps like TrackIR/Opentrack VR client etc.  I feel having less build slots and some expernal app slots in the Mini UI would be really helpful.  Maybe 2 or 3 of the preset slots as well.

Just an idea.

right now no. main purpose of mini-mode was to allow user to manage dcs install functions w/ minimal screen space impact.

Once a lot of code issues are cleaned up and I turn my attention to UI cleaning, I will be converting a lot of menu options to flow panels, which is what modules pages use, to allow dynamic adding/removing of items while maintaining their order, etc.

Both Main UI and Mini UI may have size adjusted as well.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just noting, I am aware, w/ the removal of OB, the HTML parser function does not correctly display version numbers,

this has been fixed already internally, however there are several other functions being adjusted and things being moved around that need testing before the next public release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I've just updated DCS, but for some reason it will no longer open DCS with VR ON (open XR, WMR) anymore - just opens it in screen mode.  I can only run it in VR from the desktop icon.

I did note sometimes before thje update the first time I would try to run VR from the updater it would open flatscreen, then the second attempt would work. Now it never plays. Any ideas? Thanks

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

1 hour ago, FreightDog said:

I've just updated DCS, but for some reason it will no longer open DCS with VR ON (open XR, WMR) anymore - just opens it in screen mode.  I can only run it in VR from the desktop icon.

I did note sometimes before thje update the first time I would try to run VR from the updater it would open flatscreen, then the second attempt would work. Now it never plays. Any ideas? Thanks

attach dcs logs, my app hasnt changed, DCS has.

It's possible -force_OpenXR command isn't valid anymore.

4 hours ago, FreightDog said:

Do you use quad views?

When you open it from the desktop icon, does it use OpenXR or Steam?

I had to repair/ reinstall Quadviews for some reason.

Edited by AZDane

Hi everyone, I wanted to know how can I use the "Dedicades Server" function? Even after filling in the server data, I can't get it to start. Where am I going wrong? Thanks

Immagine 2024-02-24 091434.png

Edited by calys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

6 hours ago, Monarch said:

Is there still no way to update the launcher from the launcher itself? I still have the auto-update function hard locked to disabled so just curious

No, not until I resolve a majority of the core bugs and UI. (And find a suitable host for app deployment).

2 hours ago, calys said:

Hi everyone, I wanted to know how can I use the "Dedicades Server" function? Even after filling in the server data, I can't get it to start. Where am I going wrong? Thanks

Immagine 2024-02-24 091434.png

Once the settings file is saved, click Dedicated Server Mode, it will launch the process, which would take a few minutes to load, then launch the WebGUI and allow it to connect to the server.

Also you have Standard, 2D, and VR on, as well as WebGUI Mode, those settings are conflicting with each other.
WebGUI Mode disables 2D and VR as well as the standard Server window.

• Thanks 1

I'm also aware of a new dis-connect in the saved games pathing,

if you're on ED DCS OpenBeta Branch, it will update and use \Saved Games\DCS, instead of \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\

I will revise the auto detecting of the paths for openbeta if version > DCS_UNIFIED, but until then, you can prolly use dcs_variant.txt file to point the Sim back to the \DCS.openbeta\

1 ora fa, SkateZilla ha scritto:

Once the settings file is saved, click Dedicated Server Mode, it will launch the process, which would take a few minutes to load, then launch the WebGUI and allow it to connect to the server.

I will wait for new updates because at the moment I can't get it to work. Thank you. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

17 hours ago, Mav87th said:

Request for new feature..... 😉

Added possibility to launch the "Model Viewer" from the binMT

It's integrated internally, I had to wait for MT ModelViewer to be stable.

• Like 1

Is it normal behavior for the DCS-Updater to perform an update check, then auto switch to the Repair function (say, if the updater noticed something off)?  I typically use the your (Skatezilla) Launcher (2.0.0.37, Bld 10.20.2023) which is incredibly awesome.  Today I used it to do an update check... and the above happened.  Repair is happening now (not a bad thing) but I don't remember ever having the Repair function start without telling it to do so, whether using your Launcher or the DCS-Updater.   Not sure if it's the Updater, Launcher, or has something to do with the disk location move.

Friday, due to the update size, I had to move DCS to another drive.  Started the game numerous times over the weekend but not sure if I checked for an update since then.  So maybe that's something to do with it.  I did change the target locations in the Launcher.

Just trying to find if this is normal.

Edited by Mikkall

On 2/26/2024 at 1:58 PM, Mikkall said:

Is it normal behavior for the DCS-Updater to perform an update check, then auto switch to the Repair function (say, if the updater noticed something off)?  I typically use the your (Skatezilla) Launcher (2.0.0.37, Bld 10.20.2023) which is incredibly awesome.  Today I used it to do an update check... and the above happened.  Repair is happening now (not a bad thing) but I don't remember ever having the Repair function start without telling it to do so, whether using your Launcher or the DCS-Updater.   Not sure if it's the Updater, Launcher, or has something to do with the disk location move.

Friday, due to the update size, I had to move DCS to another drive.  Started the game numerous times over the weekend but not sure if I checked for an update since then.  So maybe that's something to do with it.  I did change the target locations in the Launcher.

Just trying to find if this is normal.

the only time my app would launch repair,
is if user set the advanced options to purge shader cache and re-compile them after update.

Also the next public update wont be until ED's next patch likely,
as there is a significant amount of re-writing under the hood being done due to branch restructuring.

plus a bunch of other things I wont get into, but alas the current change log, even after purging testing related items is over 200 Lines.

Edited by SkateZilla

When you move your mouse over one of the Build Slots, you can right click it to set the paths for the DCS directory and for your Saved Games directory.

image.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

So I have only recently wanted to use two different profiles in the Launcher. I have saved the app config and when i load it back up, it shows the specific profile paths I want to use with that specific slot, but when i load the game using the "Launch VR OFF" button it seems to create a profile in DCS.openbeta. Is there a way to stop this form doing that?

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

so was able to verify that -w "PROFILENAME" still functions correctly as a shortcut, but selecting the different profiles seems to only load the DCS.openbeta folder even if there is another path specified.

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero