The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Can you allow the window to be resized. It doesn't fit on my secondary Monitors (1440x900)

The Window is only 1300x900 You should be able to use all Buttons?.

I'm working on that now hopefully for the next build, Testing different settings now,

So far I have it enabled to allow user to shrink it to a smaller size w/ 640x480 being the minimum,

When shrunk, icons and buttons will remain the same size Position, and scroll bars will be added.

Not Sure what I want to allow the Minimum to be.

I Might just set it to allow the bottom to come up to make it around 1300x750/800 and anchor the bottom items to the bottom.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142908&stc=1&d=1466739311

DCS_Updater-016.thumb.jpg.af3d628b2dbdbfe66756fadad10dc27a.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi Skate,

Thank you for your great tool.

Could you please also check: hovering the mouse over the CA logo gives nothing, hovering over the Video Training gives message "Install CA ....". Clicking Video Training does start correct procedure.

Hi Skate,

Could you please also check: hovering the mouse over the CA logo gives nothing, hovering over the Video Training gives message "Install CA ....". Clicking Video Training does start correct procedure.

I will get the tool tips column.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 3 weeks later...

SkateZilla,

I love your app. Could you please add one setting? It would minimize the window automatically when you launch the game.

In VR, the mouse has a tendency to escape the DCS window from time to time. It happened in the mission editor and I guess I clicked on the Repair button while in VR. It actually tried to do a repair while in game!!

Some stuff got overridden but some failed do to being in use. Anyway now I just close the window real quick after I launch so that doesn't happen again, but it would be nice if the app minimized itself after the game is launched.

Thanks!!

SkateZilla,

I love your app. Could you please add one setting? It would minimize the window automatically when you launch the game.

In VR, the mouse has a tendency to escape the DCS window from time to time. It happened in the mission editor and I guess I clicked on the Repair button while in VR. It actually tried to do a repair while in game!!

Some stuff got overridden but some failed do to being in use. Anyway now I just close the window real quick after I launch so that doesn't happen again, but it would be nice if the app minimized itself after the game is launched.

Thanks!!

Thanks, I had already implemented this in recent internal builds as I had the same problem w/ VR Cursor clicking buttons.

It will be in the next public build.

Hi Skate,

-Combined Arms has Correct Tool Tip, if the module is installed, the button is disabled,

-Corrected Tool Tip for Video Training Modules Button,

Will be in next Public Build

Edited by SkateZilla

Just came across this mod today. I've run from my 1.5.4 install folder - should this mod be aware of the modules I already have installed (only FC3 now)? Or is the "install" feature of this utility for it's own purpose? Also, when I purchase a module, DCS automatically installs - why use this updater tool?

Just a little confused on the use of DCS Updater GUI Utility when DCS modules are already installed.

The Utility is a GUI Front End for using dcs_updater.exe functions, mainly for trouble shooting and support.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

The Utility is used to manually install/uninstall modules, update and repair without having to use the command lines,

does not replace the integrated Module manager.

However some users have issues with Module manager not automatically detecting and installing their modules, etc

It will scan for entry.lua files for each official module, if it exists it will assume its installed.

The Preliminary Change Log for next release:

-Fixed Tooltips for Video Training Button

-Unified Button Themes between Main Buttons and Module Buttons

-Added Launch w/ VR ON and Launch w/ VR OFF Buttons (For VR Users Only).

-Added Minimize on Launch Command to Launch Button(s) (App Will Minimize itself when Launch Buttons are Clicked)

-Added Ability to Re-Size Window (When Re-Size below the default size, Scroll bars will appear)

-Resolved Mis-Link to Module Act/DeAct Protection File

-Resolved Typo in Startup Scan for Module Entry File

-Resolved Typo in Startup Scan for Module Button Disable Command

-Modified Startup Scan to Disable NTTR Campaign Buttons of NTTR Terrain Was Not Detected.

I Hope to have this version out soon,

But the Re-Size Ability requires a bit more testing as different icons and elements all have to be correctly anchored to avoid them shifting w/ the window borders.

Will also have to remove video training website link, as they are no longer hosted on the website.

DCS_Updater-018.thumb.jpg.b0ec5b5dbbcf24e15ce636ab90a2d0dc.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks for the hard work, anyway you could add a JSGME Launcher so we can launch JSGME from inside the app rather than having to navigate to the directory (yea I know I could make a shortcut...)

I'm a Bum I'll fly with anyone!

This utility is only for the base functions of DCS_Updater.exe and DCS.exe,

it wont be expanding into other 3rd party apps.

Thanks for the hard work, anyway you could add a JSGME Launcher so we can launch JSGME from inside the app rather than having to navigate to the directory (yea I know I could make a shortcut...)

I just made a batch file to open them both at the same time.

v7-22-2016 Released:

-Added F-5E Button

-Added F-5E Checkbox

-Added F-5E DRM Button

-Fixed Tooltips for Video Training Button

-Unified Button Themes between Main Buttons and Module Buttons

-Added Launch w/ VR ON and Launch w/ VR OFF Buttons (For VR Users Only, Non VR Users will boot to normal DCS if no VR HMD is Detected).

-Added Minimize on Launch Command to Launch Button(s) (App Will Minimize itself when Launch Buttons are Clicked)

-Added Ability to Re-Size Window (When Re-Sized below the default size, Scroll bars will appear)

-Resolved Mis-Link to Module Actication Protection File

-Resolved Typo in Startup Scan for Module Entry File

-Resolved Typo in Startup Scan for Module Button Disable Command

-Modified Startup Scan to Disable NTTR Campaign Buttons of NTTR Terrain Was Not Detected.

-Updated/Revised SZGS icon for Application and Window

-Removed Obsolete Weblink to Training Modules

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Working on For the Next Build Hopefully:

-Making the App w/ Maximize Option Enabled as well as Re-Enabling the Ability to Minimize (Previously they were turned off, and buttons removed from window border, Max Resize will be 4K),

-Likely Changed to Start Maximized

( So it will take up an entire Screen).

-Will have to Re-Sort and re-anchor all items to remain Centered, when maximized to variable resolutions, as well as Integrate a 4K background image. (bout time I showed the F-5E some love)

(Allowing it to be maximized will allow for more space for more modules in the future and better sorting.)

-Looking at some other things, but nothing concrete.

Very nice, I use your GUI Util. constantly. Thanks for you ongoing Dedication.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Some Notes:

-Maximize and Related Adjustments wont make the next few updates,

While I can enable it, a lot of remodeling and adjustments need to be done under the hood for the positioning and alignments to be correctly maintained for various resolutions.

-Minimize Button/function will be enabled going forward (like I said, un-intentionally disabled a while ago)

-Adjusted Layout (moved all Function Buttons to top of Utility Layout.)

Install, Uninstall, Re-Detect, Adv. Options Buttons are now just above the module icons, this creates more space at the bottom for additional icons.

-Re-Enabled Multiple Instances (More than one running at a time).

-Removed redundant notice about Utility not able to Activate/De-Activate Modules (as the License Icons were implemented a few versions ago).

-Minimum Re-Size Set to 1280x720

-Valid License Key Noticed Moved to Launch Dialog, Instructions Line text removed.

Right now I'm weighing options of adding 1 or 2 more buttons for functions,

as well as removing the instruction text and Notice regarding License keys being needed for activation.

(the license notice will likely stay, but the text instructions will likely be removed or relocated).

Edited by SkateZilla

v8-05-2016

-Some Non-Visual Changes to Item Anchoring in Preparation for Future Expansion.

-Minimize Button and Function Re-Enabled (Was un-intentionally disabled many versions ago, user can now minimize Application again).

-Disabled Single Instance Restriction (Can Launch Multiple Instances of Utility at the same time).

-Moved Valid License Key Notice to Startup and DCS Binary Scan Prompts.

-Removed Old Notice Stating Utility is not able to Activate/De-Activate Modules.

-Removed Instructions Text from the bottom. (User should be able to use Application and Functions without it and w/ Tool Tips).

-Adjusted Layout (Moved All Function Buttons to Top of Utility Layout)(Re-Detect, Install, Uninstall, Adv. Panel),

(Creates More Space at the bottom, and less space between Icons and Function Buttons)

-Adjusted Minimum Re-Size to 1280x720 and adjusted anchoring behavior (Bottom Icons/Items will move w/ bottom border when vertically re-sized)

-Added Museum Relic Campaign Button

-Added Museum Relic Campaign Checkbox

-Added Museum Relic DRM Button.

-Adjusted Some Campaign Icon Graphics

(coloring of text in logos, as well as Icon layout when multiple modules are used [ie NTTR Campaigns and Museum Relic Campaign])

(Screenshot Represents Application size at it's Minimum Resize)

attachment.php?attachmentid=145859&stc=1&d=1470414367

DCS_Updater-019.thumb.jpg.5c577bd53a8dad1c986fba161e966343.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

• 1 month later...

v9-10-2016 Released

-Added Operation Piercing Fury Campaign Button

-Added Operation Piercing Fury Campaign Checkbox

-Added Operation Piercing Fury Campaign DRM Button

• 2 weeks later...