Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Ok here's where I have got the B17 to, still fiddling around with the B29 trying to get the alternative payload to work properly. Attached is revised B17G.lua file and a simple test mission showing the two different payloads and the revised turrets in action. So people need to download the mod from Markindel's link and then grab the lua and overwrite the one in Markindel's download package.

@Markindel, ball turret fires not sure about the waist guns but I think people will need to be careful attacking forts in any case if the two AI 109s experiences in the testing mission are much to go by. Still confused over gun points and connectors and the relation to the lua - I was really surprised to see the ball turret open fire. Maybe someone who is more informed could give us some clues please. In any case hope it works ok.

Best wishes,

Stonehouse

B17G.lua

test b17g.miz

• Like 1

Hi Markindel,

Did you need me to look at anything with the PBY (which looks great by the way) or all is good?

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hi Stonehouse, good morning.

The values of the flight model are not correct.

Could you fix it?

Thanks

Mario.

Ok will have a look at it, busy week at work though this week and I am away this coming weekend so I might be a little slow getting it done.

Did the revised lua for the B17 work ok for you?

Yes, you did a great job. Thanks again.

Very beautiful these screen, thanks.

You're right, I should open a post with my mod.

For crazyeddie:

it seems really weird.

The skins are all on the American nationality.

Check the folder

C: \ ......\ Mods \ aircraft \ Boeing B17 \ Liveries \ B17G

Check if there are skins.

Edited by Markindel

Mario

Sorry, my impatience, realised where they were after looking again and making small change to entry.lua and made each skin available in UK as well. Problem fixed.

:smilewink: No problem .... by the way, CV6 aircraft carriers is almost ready.

Is this DCS's best kept secret? How did we cram so many genius mods into one thread? Markindel, you've really added huge value to the game, grazie.

the bombers were much needed pieces. Is there to be some more from key WW2 participants, I humbly think a Heinkel woudl fit a need, but beggers canot be choosers, just spread the love as much as possible so we can make these huge scenarios now!

ps thanks Stonehouse for helping out, collaboration is key!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

hmm looking at the pic I am not sure if this is me mucking about with the lua or something not quite right in the model??? I notice there is a firepos table that doesn't match the model so perhaps that is it? It seems to be the one from the B29. If this is the case and it needs to match each model which seems sensible then the B17 will be wrong too and I will need to update it. I will have a play around if I can get some more spare time.

Meanwhile I did find some time this evening and got quite lucky with references although I had to guess a bit to convert litres of fuel to kg not know the specific density of the fuel.

So lua as where it got to is attached. Bombs drop, guns fire but the poor old Cat is a sitting duck for a 109 and gets chopped down very quickly. No guns point connectors in the model at all this time I notice so even more confused as to what purpose they serve.

Same method as before - download Markindel's package and replace with the attached lua below to try it out.

Screen_160531_185133.thumb.jpg.520077112be1dcfd9c91119b42174268.jpg

PBY5Catalina.lua

@ ESA maligno -Should be available soon, just fine tuning the damage model.

Also noteworthy, on any of these models the rear gunners will only shoot on the host machine in MP and will not shoot at clients. The bug has been reported.

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

@ ESA maligno -Should be available soon, just fine tuning the damage model.

Also noteworthy, on any of these models the rear gunners will only shoot on the host machine in MP and will not shoot at clients. The bug has been reported.

Ok!!!!!, thx Midnight!!!!!! :thumbup:

You're right, Eddie.

I tried the PBY5Catalina.lua files that you find in the zip file of the mod and this works (see screen).

For bombing missions using the PBY5Catalina.lua that you can find in the .zip file of the mod.

In the meantime we'll try to figure out what the problem is in the new PBY5Catalina.lua.

ghTxXlNl.jpg

Ok strange I usually use runway attack to test with because it is quick and easy to set up, on the action select bombs and all and attack above tickbox and that has worked fine. It's been really terrible at work today and have just got home at a bit after 9pm so don't know if I will have time to look at it much. Away after work tomorrow for a couple of days so may not get to it until Sunday afternoon my time.

<edit> did a quick runway attack and it works for me, try it and see if works ok at your end. Will try some other types of bombing and see how it goes.

<edit2> ok sorry guys it looks like runway attack is the only one that works. I will try to sort it out.

pbyrunway attack.miz

Edited by Stonehouse