Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

I'm almost done!

With the permission of the authors I have included many different skins.

I just have a problem with the lights of formation (or training? I get lost with these two lights)

Egyptian skin. during the war of six days two Macchi 205 Egyptians were shot down by the Israelis spitfire.

kSmc4S3l.jpg

Night fire.

7N3hHATl.jpg

Real Skin. Macchi 205 captured by the US

VgHFQzgl.jpg

R1xddKPl.jpg

Jr10A1El.jpg

J4zmy0zl.jpg

15DdqHfl.jpg

........beautiful work:thumbup:....thanks :)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Download the test version of the Macchi 205.

Use the cockpit of the P51D, so you must have installed the P51D.

Original model for FSX converted with the permission of the authors.

1.Flyable Macchi 205 Veltro with the P51D"s cockpit. So you must have the P51D module.

2.CREDIT:

· Manuele "MVG3D" Villa : Conversion of the original model GMax del C.202 (of Pietro Zazzetta/Italianwings)

in C.205 per FS9/FSX - Complit re-skinning. Animation and Gauges (codici xml + textures).

· Stefano "PCMeneg" Meneghini : Gauges (codici xml).

3.Put the "Macchi 205 Veltro" folder here: dcsw / Mods/aircraft.

4.caution:

after installing the Macchi 205 Veltro copy folders

bin

cockpit

options

from P51D inside to Macchi 205 Veltro folder, overwriting the existing.

5. Inside the DOC folder you will find historical notes on Macchi.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pblygpt4o6v3cna/Macchi+205+Veltro.zip

In the future, I'll try to do the cockpit, but I think this is bigger adventure of my modest possibilities.

Waiting for your opinions and suggestions to improve the mod.

Mario.

Tested and all works great, thanks Mario ¡¡¡

Only a few things.

1.-AI always fights with lights ON. It´s possible to edit the AI to turn OFF lights when fighting?

2.- I´ve experience a bug with the damage model. I´ve fired to the Macchi´s tail and i´ve seen it broked apart and falling down but the plane was intact, tail included.

3.- When inside cockpit i can see the bullets fired through the panel.

Thanks again for this awesome work.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks Esac for the report, are known bugs.

For the lights I have to understand how to do.

For bullets shown in the cockpit: the problem is that we are using the cockpit of the P51D, to solve the problem try to move the connector arms.

For the damage model: somewhere I'm wrong but I do not know where.

however, I will try to solve these problems.

Don´t worry.

The tails bug happens only sometimes. In a row of 10 attacks only once i´ve seen this bug so it´s not very important.

The rest are only cosmetic so use your time with bombers ¡¡¡

Grazie mille Mario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Really fantastic Markindel.

I'm having trouble getting the skins to work but that's me not you and I've put something in the wrong place or another mod is perhaps causing me grief. Luckily the default skin is my favourite anyway lol. Just need a P40 and some desert/med terrain now. I wish ED or a 3rd party dev team would build a simple "IL2 dogfight style" fictional map that was a few towns and airfields a decent distance apart with some tracks and roads and all desert. Even if it was just sand and flat it would be welcome.

Edited by Stonehouse

Stonehouse, I'm sorry you have these problems with the Skins.

I want to know if other users have the same problems.

Esac_mirmidon, you have problems with your skin?

As for the P40.

About two years ago I started to do the mod of the P40, just as AI.

I had not done the damage model because then you do not even know how to do.

Now I'm starting a new project: the B17 (as promised).

After finishing the B17, I will complete the P40.

If anyone is interested in this mod, as it stands now send me a message.

The basic model of the P40 is a 3d model Free:

http://www.colacola.se/

SQ9Z6Fql.jpg

9NTPKGXl.jpg

8uXdjZgl.jpg

5DZUO6wl.jpg

0oYNf9Xl.jpg

No. I'm not having any problem with the skins but take in count that they are only by default in italy and egypt so before it must be selected those countries to be able to see the skins.

Or edit the .lua file to use the Veltro with every country.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found a good free model of the B17.

It is a model for FSX.

I can not guarantee anything because there are many problems I will face of which, at the time, I do not know the solution.

For example, the movement of the turrets. DCS does not exist anything like that and I do not know if their movement will work with the same argument of the naval turrets.

If there is some lua files expert who wants to help will be very welcome.

Credit:

Special thanks to :

-GMAX for the drawing program and Microsoft for their makmdls.mdk.

-to Gary Herbert for the original model.

-to John Terrell for the textures.

-A.F.Scrub

C7TqqI6l.jpg

qSGQhtLl.jpg

d8XWWIUl.jpg

6hUaej8l.jpg

EVmZspXl.jpg

Having a flying AI B-17 is more than enough.

Good 3D model. Awaiting news Mario.

PD: Good company for the Lancaster this Flying Fortress could be......XDDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Markindel, a B17 & P40 would be fantastic! Even static aircraft that were destroyable would be a big help to WW2 mission making as setting up a believable airfield environment for the players to build immersion is very difficult at present.

The skins issue was completely at my end as I thought and no error on your part at all. I thought I'd edited the description.lua to match the countries in the main aircraft lua but actually I'd forgotten somehow. So all good thanks.

I did see one issue - when the pilot bails out you get a modern pilot. I've seen this before on the DCS FW190 and the cause is a missing pilot edm in \DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes. The workaround or perhaps permanent solution if you don't want to make your own pilot edm is to change Macchi205Veltro.lua so it uses the FW190 or Bf109 pilot. You could set all Axis aircraft you make to do the same and the Allied aircraft use the P-51 WW2 pilot. I did the same small tweak to DOL's B29 to add the crew bailing using the same technique and the P51 pilot edm.

I did a quick test this evening on your Macchi and it seems to work (although I am not 100% sure of what canopy_pos does. It may be the origin for the canopy when it jettisons). Anyway I changed the following section and ended up with a WW2 pilot on bailout, the line changed was pilot_name = 56 to pilot_name = "pilot_fw190" and I took out the comments on canopy_pos. I will try to see what effect the canopy_pos has over the next couple of days if I can get time or perhaps you already know?

crew_members =

{

[1] =

{

pilot_name = "pilot_fw190",

ejection_seat_name = 0,

drop_canopy_name = "Macchi205Veltro_Canopy",

pos = {-1.460000,-0.045000,0.000000},

canopy_pos = { 0,0,0},

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of crew_members

Hope that helps a little and gives back a tiny bit as way of thanks for your hard work. I am not an lua expert but now have about 2 years experience from working on GCICAP and my Flak script and obviously I am still learning, so while I can't guarantee a good outcome I am happy to try to help you if you have problems with the lua side. I am sure there are others here who know more about it than me who would also help if they were told the problem you were having.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Fantastic !!!!!!

You dont even know how much i want this B-17 for my WWII missions. And with several skins. Thanks Mario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

try this one Markindel, JSGME ready. Everything definitely works for me using the attached from gunners, bailout right through to bombing.

PS it is not quite same as DOL's original release as I have increased the bombload to 40 500lbers, added exhaust smoke and bailing out crew and changed the 50cal in the tail to a 20mm gun as late war B29s had at times. Mainly I did this because they don't hold formation and I wanted them to have a chance at downing a Mig15 while still being reasonably correct from a historical point of view.

Edited by Stonehouse