i wish DCS black shark was more hardcore

m1tp2king

Well you do have the option to ask the tower for permission to startup, taxi, and takeoff right?

I don't know but the sim seems pretty hard core to me...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

if you couldn't take off without permission, that seems to be it would be less realistic; they don't have those things clamped to the tarmac and only the ATC has the clamp release switch.

I can sympathize with wanting more complete/accurate military simulation parameters. however.

You can either rigorously stick the rules you've laid out yourself, when flying solo, and/or find a "hardcore" MilSim squadron/group that enforces that kind of behavior in their missions.

Good luck with the latter, however - the group of people that are willing to rigorously adhere to actual military mission design / planning / protocol seems to be an infinitesimally small minority.

Check out the 132nd on 132ndvirtualwing.org

We use dedicated human controllers and try to stay true as possible to real life procedures.

The wing contains active military and post active military personeel including JTAC and controllers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

hi. I love black shark. very interesting. but..

I wish that you needed to ask the tower for permission to take off.

I wish you needed to land to end a mission.

hoping for ultra realism.

to do all the things a real pilot has to do.

Easy enough to add a condition to missions that requires the bird to be parked in a designated spot on the runway to flip the final bit for completion.

Forcing ATC compliance is more difficult. IRL, pilots have administrative action taken against them for violating ATC instructions when in controlled airspace. No real way to implement that here, as the sim does not have any RPG-elements built in.

• 2 weeks later...

Misspelling, its Viacom.

http://www.voiceattack.com/

I recommend Vaicom if you like communicating with AI for realism. It's pretty immersive to use. And really convenient and fast for handing targets to AI wingmen.

Even playing online I prefer to use ATC and land before leaving where possible. This works well there too.

Same here, always land, even when your wife is calling you, she will ge use to your:

:pilotfly: I'm landing!!!!!

And this will add a bit more stress in touching gently your fav bird and so realism. :D

Anyway is anyone using this?

https://www.lotatc.com/

You want it more hardcore? Add wind, my friend.

Once you mastered that, only fly from night missions, with rain or snow at -40°C.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

it gets nasty with this version below -40°C iirc, that's why I didnt say 50 lol

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

hi. I love black shark. very interesting. but..

I wish that you needed to ask the tower for permission to take off.

I wish you needed to land to end a mission.

hoping for ultra realism.

to do all the things a real pilot has to do.

You've listed things not related to the module itself.

Actually they are related to the "Realism Settings" of the single mission.