AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2

Here!

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.2.aspx

AMD Crimson 16.2 Hotfix

Driver Build

Supported Systems

Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit

Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit

Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit

Highlights

AMD has partnered with Stardock in association with Oxide to bring gamers Ashes of the Singularity – Benchmark 2.0 the first benchmark to release with DirectX® 12 benchmarking capabilities such as Asynchronous Compute, multi-GPU and multi-threaded command buffer Re-ordering. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2 is optimized to support this exciting new release.

The SteamVR Performance Test: we are pleased to report that our Radeon R9 390, Nano, and Fury series GPUs are all able to achieve 'VR Recommended' status, the highest achievable level of experience possible. In addition to that, our affinity multi-GPU feature is already showing significant performance uplift over a single GPU on Radeon cards in the aforementioned benchmark

Performance and quality improvements for

Rise of the Tomb Raider™

Ashes of the Singularity – Benchmark 2

Crossfire Profiles available for

The Division

XCOM 2

Resolved Issues

A black screen/TDR error may be encountered when booting a system with Intel + AMD graphics and an HDMI monitor connected

Choppy gameplay may be experienced when both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ are both enabled

Display corruption may be observed after keeping system idle for some time

Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled

Fallout 4 - Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode

Fallout 4 - Screen tearing in systems with both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled if game is left idle for a short period of time

Fallout 4 - Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page

Far Cry 4 - Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled

FRTC options are displayed on some unsupported laptop configurations with Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's

Radeon Settings may sometimes fails to launch with a "Context Creation Error" message

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Corruption can be observed at some locations during gameplay

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Lara Croft's hair may flicker in some locations if the Esc key is pressed

Rise of Tomb Raider™ - A TDR error may be observed with some AMD Radeon 300 Series products after launching the "Geothermal Valley" mission

The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked

World of Warcraft runs extremely slowly in quad crossfire at high resolutions

Known Issues

A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"

Star Wars™: Battlefront - Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission

Cannot enable AMD Crossfire with some dual GPU AMD Radeon HD 59xx and HD 79xx series products

Fallout 4 - In game stutter may be experienced if the game is launched with AMD Crossfire enabled

XCOM 2 - Flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled

Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption

edit: 16.2 is also available for legacy graphics cards

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

Edited by Mustang

The DX12 Demos are mond blowing.

Xfire and SLi are done.

DX12 Multi GPUs allow for mixed models and brands

ie pair a 980 with a 390, no more mirrored memory and DX Command buffers.

2x 390X cards show as 8GB of usable memory and not 4, etc.

Not to mention AMD is spankin in DX12 benches and demos now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Same after uninstalling 15.30 .. loading 16.2 but again it says 15.30

Edit: Actually in the basic information Tab in the 15.30 it's says 16.2 .. alright all good in here need to re-set things up and will try

Edited by Barbajet

This is awesome, my crossfirex is working in all instances, seeing FPS in the 100's.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Howdy guys, I recently installed Cat. 16.2.1, I am getting terrible Flickering, any body else experiencing this???

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Howdy guys, I recently installed Cat. 16.2.1, I am getting terrible Flickering, any body else experiencing this???

I also experiencing some kind of flickering. Something like one frame of centered view in the cockpit and next back to normal view. It happens only occasionally.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

An FYI all AMD graphics card users should check this thread out, especially if using Crimson drivers

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406157

the fix for the over-the-top power saving has been merged into the latest version of Radeonmod if anyone wants to try it (i can now finally stop using Clockblocker)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403389

"- 1.0.13 [06/03/2016]

Added Crimson Power Saving to "Tweaks". Toggle off to prevent GPU downclocking."

• 2 weeks later...

So it puts it into Catalyst 15.11 behavior and not completely turning it off as some people there indicated.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I wonder what one is meant to do if using a newish card together with an older card for Helios or such like, as the latter is considered legacy now and not supported by the Crimson drivers as far as I know.

I don't imagine both the Crimson and legacy drivers can both be installed at the same time can they?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...