LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Hey Dart, loving using LotATC on our TAW servers. Two comments, the setting for showing BRAA on the line itself does not save after disconnecting and closing the app, which means each time I need to reenable this setting.

Also dock window positions may be remembered, but their sizes all return to a default size after closing the app.

What this means is there's a degree of tweaking the UI the same way every time I start up, which shouldn't be necessary. This is on the release version.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Hey Dart, loving using LotATC on our TAW servers. Two comments, the setting for showing BRAA on the line itself does not save after disconnecting and closing the app, which means each time I need to reenable this setting.

Also dock window positions may be remembered, but their sizes all return to a default size after closing the app.

What this means is there's a degree of tweaking the UI the same way every time I start up, which shouldn't be necessary. This is on the release version.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

For the BRAA settings it is done on the current beta, it is saved between session.

I will fix the dock size also for the 1.2.0 final :)

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
I am sure this was asked before, but I cannot find it.

Is there any way for units to display their second number (ie Uzi 2-2 showing up instead of just Uzi-2)? If not, is there plans on fixing that?

Thank you

:)

Currently no, but you are right it is plan for near future release :)

can we also allow the BRAA window text area to dynamically shrink smaller, as low as one line of text? Right now, you are forced to keep this window at a minimum height (like 15 rows of text) otherwise the "Delete Selected" and "Delete All" buttons fall off below the fold. This causes the BRAA window to use up more screen real estate than it needs.

Alternatively, remove the buttons altogether and allow keypress "Delete" to remove rows. That seems more efficient.

2ppbwww.png

can we also allow the BRAA window text area to dynamically shrink smaller, as low as one line of text? Right now, you are forced to keep this window at a minimum height (like 15 rows of text) otherwise the "Delete Selected" and "Delete All" buttons fall off below the fold. This causes the BRAA window to use up more screen real estate than it needs.

Alternatively, remove the buttons altogether and allow keypress "Delete" to remove rows. That seems more efficient.

2ppbwww.png

:thumbup:

Dart, when patching the server from release version to RC (or upgrading in general), do we just run the installer over top of the old install, or do we need to uninstall/reinstall? Will previous server settings, including server-side licences be retained?

thx.

Dart, when patching the server from release version to RC (or upgrading in general), do we just run the installer over top of the old install, or do we need to uninstall/reinstall? Will previous server settings, including server-side licences be retained?

thx.

No you can upgrade directly both server and client.

For server, it is a good thing to go to DCS > Options > Special > LotAtc after upgrading and verify that options are correct especially with current 1.2.0-rc1 because options have changed (new profile system).

Of course, license will be retained and works directly. :thumbup:

Hello, I have a crazy question I haven't found an answer for anywhere. I was using my ipad as a second display and moved the BRAA window to it from LOTATC... And it disappeared. I have changed resolutions, disconnected the ipad, everything but I can't get it back. Any ideas on how to get it to display back where it came from?

Cool thx. Might be a good sentence to put in your FAQ section :)

Good remarks! I will!

Hello, I have a crazy question I haven't found an answer for anywhere. I was using my ipad as a second display and moved the BRAA window to it from LOTATC... And it disappeared. I have changed resolutions, disconnected the ipad, everything but I can't get it back. Any ideas on how to get it to display back where it came from?

It happens with 1.1.2 (and should be fixed with 1.2.0). Open LotAtc client, go inOptions > General > Restore default dock and windows position > Click to reset then restart the applications, it will reset only docks, window position and size.

It should fix your problem, sorry for that!

658110980_Capturedecran2019-02-17a21_33_46.thumb.png.8fa865162ddafde5601fc51d5e5c9c8c.png

Having just acquired LotAtc4DCS, and having NOT read the previous 36 pages (or the manual) is there a list of common DCS servers that allow the use of LotAtc?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I don't know of a list, I usually check the mission descriptions in the DCS server lobby.

Check 104th, DDCS, 1st Fighters, Cold War, for example.

But, there's a big BUT:

For public DCS multiplayer servers it is somewhat problematic to allow access to a co-running LotAtc-server.exe because it would be easy for client pilots to simultaneously run the LotAtc-client and thus cheat.

Therefore, public server providers have come up with rules, restricted access and additional precautions for the use of LotAtc.

Amongst those precautions might be:

- restricting access by LotAtc clients to only pre-registered players

- forcing LotAtc client players to be online and thus reachable & controllable through Teamspeak and/or Discord

- enforcing and supervising that players connected as LotAtc clients are not allowed to connect to the server in DCS at the same time.

Cheating by use of LotAtc can be a problem and is impossible to prevent through in-game settings of DCS and LotAtc alone.

LotAtc 1.2.0 is finally stable now! Check here for a complete (and very long changelog): https://www.lotatc.com/website/2019/03/04/1.2.0-available.html

Not compatible with 1.1.2, client and server should run the same version

For dedicated server, LotAtc seems to run well. Note that on multiple instances, you have to copy ( or use the OVGME package of LotAtc server) Mods/tech/LotAtc and Mods/Scripts/LotAtcGameGui.lua for each Saved Games of each instance!