Mirage STILL Pulls to the Left

haffende

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok........ It's the parking brake and I forgot it two times.... :crazy: I am really sorry and big shame on me ! :chair:

I just tested and I reproduced it. Every time you take off with parking brake you finish in the grass (or sand).

At least it's good to finally put a finger on it and it will be more easy to check new people who will maybe still come with this "issue report" in the futur.

And for sure I will check this f***ing parking brake at each take off now !!! :smartass:

:megalol:

Mirage 2000D: see enclosed file.

Rapport%20public%20BEAD-air-A-2008-006-A.pdf

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Arf.... Quelle tristesse ! :prop:

Thx jojo for the document, very interesting and makes me feel less stupid. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Apologies but I didn't had time for DCS thus testing and posting the track file the problem recently but forgetting about the parking brake seems quite possible. Also happens to me quite a lot.

As a side note, probably All of you might have seen that but it's possible to forget about much more serious things. To some extend it's fun to watch the film as nothing serious happened but I don't want to think how much embarrassed the pilot must have been:

[ame]

[/ame]

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Arf.... Quelle tristesse ! :prop:

Thx jojo for the document, very interesting and makes me feel less stupid. :D

I gave this document to CJ some times ago to work on breaking system. You just discovered what a great job he did :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

It's not a binding problem.

Just noticed it recently also though after coming back to Mirage after a break. The problem seems to be more apparent on the MP servers than in SP.

Probably because of a crosswind. Small crosswinds send the Mirage veering off the runway in my experience.

I'm yet to fly another jet simulation with such a tendency to yaw during takeoff.

P.S. Yes, I've checked for double assignments.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

As always, please provide a track and what version you found it on and I am happy to look into it, until then I can't recreate without data...

You don't have it too? That's pretty surprising.

Here is a track. All I do is leave the controls centered, throttle up, and let her go. First she tracks straight, but after 60 knots or so she yaws left, and the yaw accelerates until we go BOOM.:doh:

This is with the latest NTTR released today, DCS 2.0.3.55945.98 Update 1.

mirage yaw.zip

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You don't have it too? That's pretty surprising.

Here is a track. All I do is leave the controls centered, throttle up, and let her go. First she tracks straight, but after 60 knots or so she yaws left, and the yaw accelerates until we go BOOM.:doh:

This is with the latest NTTR released today, DCS 2.0.3.55945.98 Update 1.

+1

Tested In Nellis Ver 2.03.5945.

Nil wind no issues.

10ms Surface wind (so around 20Kts) all crosswind.

Up to around 40Kts no dramas then the weathercock into wind starts.

the aircraft cannot be held straight with full pedal deflection with NSW engaged. There doesnt even seem to be any reduciom in divergence with full pedal applied. Will retest to determine max crosswind that is ok.

I believe Mir2000 crosswind limit for take off is 25Kts. As such it should easily be able to cope with 20Kts cross.

Mirage III had a 25Knot (clean) crosswind limit for take off, No NWS just a castoring nosewheel and diff brakes. Aircraft could be easily held on the runway Centreline just with aerodynamic rudder control from around 40Kts or so.

Something is wrong with directional control and wind in the Mir2K.

Flip flooping the wind proves that wind is causing the directional control issues.

With 2Ms (about 4Kts) crosswind the aircraft is just controllable. Full rudder can stop the heading divergence and bring the aircraft back on to the centreline. However you still end up at least in the middle half of the upwind side of the runway before any directional control is achieved. Given that the drift starts at around 80Kts I am presuming that the NWS is input is washed out as you accelerate and you relying on pure aerodynamic rudder input for directional control. If so it would seem that this is insufficient..... which also imo is a basic issue in all flight regimes that is I think the Mir2K's response to rudder input is very very weak.

It would be very interesting to see some data on Rudder deflection versus IAS for the Mirage 2K. The Flight Control system I would think would limit this at the higher speed to prevent Fin overload etc. If this happening at too low an IAS perhaps this is cause for concern ?

Edited by IvanK

Thanks for looking into it CptSmiley! I thought i was doing something wrong... although I did notice that my L and R brake axis had to be inverted after the update.

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes there is crosswind in that mission...I tested about 10 times after the update and I need about 15% rudder or so in that mission

That seems like a lot of correction for a 5 Knot crosswind (2m/s).....not an expert by any means so will bow to your expertise. Plane handles superbly now when in the air.

That seems like a lot of correction for a 5 Knot crosswind (2m/s).....not an expert by any means so will bow to your expertise. Plane handles superbly now when in the air.

It's probably wrong estimation but:

5kt cross wind = 15% rudder

max cross wind = 25kt

So 20% of max cross wind countered with 15% rudder deflection doesn't seem that bad. Isn't it ?

Mirage fanatic !

It's probably wrong estimation but:

5kt cross wind = 15% rudder

max cross wind = 25kt

So 20% of max cross wind countered with 15% rudder deflection doesn't seem that bad. Isn't it ?

f7FdEdG.jpg

Well... When you put it that way, it really makes sense.

On a serious not though guys, in addition to the rudder, you want to put some aileron into the wind also. It really helps keep the aircraft level and counteract that crosswind.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The FM is feeling great, thanks CptSmiley. :)

However, I noticed that the Mirage keeps bouncing at 29 degrees of AoA, is that normal?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No not normal but unfortunately expected since a fix for that I made on Monday didn't make it into the official update this week :(

See the bottom of my post here for pending updates/fixes for the next update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2618507&postcount=1

On Monday?

Daaamn ED dropped the ball : P

Really wish there was a better system in place to update 3d Party devs not like this waiting on for 3 weeks just so we can wait 3 more for some next fixes if all else fails

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit