[RESOLVED]Traffic Jam in Mission 03

sebbomann

Soo... It's been a month, any news?

It would be kind of nice, to be able to actually play the campaign..

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Wags said at the beginning of May that this would be fixed in the next update. Though we haven't had an update for the 2.0 Alpha in weeks. Hopefully they'll fix it soon because the two DLC campaigns are almost useless if the allied flights can't get airborne.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We plan to update 2.0 next Friday. I have asked the team to make sure the AI fix is included.

Thanks Wags. Is there any chance one of the testers or yourself can play through both red flag campaigns to ensure all is working as it should? Love the missions but when you get stuck on one it's frustrating and I put it down for a month n forget about it. Ruins what would be great immersion.

• Like 1

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

Same issue, bump to keep current

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

We plan to update 2.0 next Friday. I have asked the team to make sure the AI fix is included.

Hi Wags! It's Friday and I've noticed no update... Very anxious to be able to continue this exciting campaign. Given this is alpha software, it's understandable if a fix isn't ready, but do you think we could get an update please? Or alternatively: if an update isn't ready, is it possible for us to make an edit somewhere if we want to skip this mission until it's fixed?

i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz /// MSI z97 GAMING 3 /// 8GB@2133 /// SSD /// Nvidia GeForce GTX760Ti /// TM Warthog HOTAS Throttle+Stick /// Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals /// TrackIR 4 ///Win10 x64 Pro ///

DCS WISH--------------AH-64 APACHE-------------------

+1 to the stuck taxiway issues on mission 4, only the CAP manages to take off.

+1

I have another question. Does the ai of mission 3 and 4 also affect the Reds? Are they all out or in any form Some of them are also stuck in their airfields. I managed to complete both missions without my blues taking off, so i thought maybe some reds are also missing?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks Wags. Is there any chance one of the testers or yourself can play through both red flag campaigns to ensure all is working as it should? Love the missions but when you get stuck on one it's frustrating and I put it down for a month n forget about it. Ruins what would be great immersion.

Fully agree... :-/

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Hey all, I might have found a fix for the radio and traffic problems. I opened up the mission in the mission editor (...mods...campaign...red flag...mission 3) and attempted to delete the sa -19s (hoping to simulate the Falcons actually doing their part). I found out that you can't save any changes in the editor but it seems that just opening the mission in the editor fixes all the radio and traffic issues. The mission worked flawless the next time I tried it.

I also changed the loadout in the mission briefing, but don't know if that had anything to do with the fix?

Please reply if this works for you.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Mission 3

Hi all.

I do my start ups at the beggining of mission 3, I ask for and get permission to start engines from ATC but then I can`t get permission to taxi and my wing man won`t follow me to the runway.

I`m using normal comms not easy comms and have no problem contacting tower in 1.5.

Many thanks

Hey all, I might have found a fix for the radio and traffic problems. I opened up the mission in the mission editor (...mods...campaign...red flag...mission 3) and attempted to delete the sa -19s (hoping to simulate the Falcons actually doing their part). I found out that you can't save any changes in the editor but it seems that just opening the mission in the editor fixes all the radio and traffic issues. The mission worked flawless the next time I tried it.

Do you fly the mission from within the mission editor or do you quit the misison editor and then fly the mission through the campaign section?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

So this was supposed to be fixed in an update two weeks ago. Where is the update? I just want to be able to use the product I purchased. I would understand if it were just me, but this is obviously a widespread problem.

So this was supposed to be fixed in an update two weeks ago. Where is the update? I just want to be able to use the product I purchased. I would understand if it were just me, but this is obviously a widespread problem.

Actually this should have been fixed in an update 8 weeks ago.

But this is how development goes... priorities are always shifting. ;)

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Actually this should have been fixed in an update 8 weeks ago.

But this is how development goes... priorities are always shifting. ;)

This may be true. However, it is a poor reason not to bring a solution forward. I realize that DCS world 2 is a beta product. The taxi issue is likely widespread. However, there are simple fixes which just get people up and running. For example if you stagger and runway start the flights using the mission editor, the mission flies just fine. However, there is no way to save it.

This may be true. However, it is a poor reason not to bring a solution forward. I realize that DCS world 2 is a beta product. The taxi issue is likely widespread. However, there are simple fixes which just get people up and running. For example if you stagger and runway start the flights using the mission editor, the mission flies just fine. However, there is no way to save it.

I don't know anything about the real reasons for this bug, neither do you. What you are doing is something like a dirty hack to get things working for you. But this is in most cases not the best solution. There seem to be bigger problems regarding taxiing and radio, which can not be solved by two clicks in the mission editor. Otherwise the developers would have done this, don't you think. ;)

Nevertheless don't get me wrong, I also want to fly this mission in a proper way. But I just want to propagate a little understanding for the developers. :)

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Sadly campaigns are in a rather woeful state right now. I have the feeling noone @ED cares (playtests campaigns), to check, if updates break campaigns (paid for DLC campaigns that is).

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

For all we know, it is a simple fix that the devs figured out and fixed over a month ago. The real issue is the time between 2.x updates. You can't post a fix if a version isn't released to fix it.

For most early access / beta products, there is a clear understanding that not everything currently works as intended as the product is a work in progress. However, every 1-3 weeks a new version should be released. That new version may include new features that are in progress, may fix some bugs, and unfortunately may even create some new bugs that will need to be fixed in next week's version. When is the last time we've seen an update for the 2.x version? Mid April? Before that? February? That timeline sounds more like an official content update cycle rather than a Alpha / Beta update schedule.

As much as I enjoy watching Wags weekly updates and admittedly get excited with what the future may bring, I can't help but feel like they are only taking the time to publish new versions only when there is a new module they would like to sell, rather than releasing new versions to the Alpha as fixes / updates as is standard for what is considered to be a constant work in progress.

Just my $.02. I'll shut up, put back on my vive, jump in my A10C and continue to bomb those damn Reds that somehow made it to the middle of Nevada (since I can't get into Mission 3 to bomb the people just pretending to be Reds as part of OPLAN 1402B).