Low fps in 1.5.3 compared to Belsimtek UH-1D

fjacobsen

If you go to:

\DCS World\Config\terrain

You will find many lua files that control the wy DCS looks... beside the option.lua from C:\Users\YOUR.USER.NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config

Most important here are the quality lua file you use... Extreme if you have extreme profile, etc and MapMFD.lua Mirrors.lua Reflections.lua. You can try to play with the values there to squeeze more FPS.

Thanks for the info but I think I should change anything. If I fly with more people or in a mission, FPS are lower.

I put my FPS according the 3 config availables with the objective to help developers to improve the module.

Module SA342M have to improve because the number of FPS are very low (according to the recommended requierements).

If I have almost the Recommended system requirements (Only the video card is under the recommended: 760 vs 780) and with low graphs I ´ve those FPS...How many FPS have a person who have the minimun requierements ?

I hope they fix this problem, but people with FPS problems should say their configs to help the delevelopers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Saitek X52 Pro. i5 4670 3.40Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, ASUS GTX760-DC2-SSU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXhCk5g4u5Ut3AKmR_jP7og :pilotfly:

There's clearly some problem completely not related to settings. Some memory leak, some conflict etc. I run game with everything on high, ultra (except mirrors) etc. Every module runs smooth. With shkval on, with tgp on, doesnt matter. No drops here. Now there's Gazelle. Strangely slow with no visible reason.

• Like 1

has anyone considered that the lower FPS is because there's more real estate to process while viewing out of the bubble, where as most the other planes & helo's have a dashboard / large instrument panel in the way, just a thought

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

has anyone considered that the lower FPS is because there's more real estate to process while viewing out of the bubble, where as most the other planes & helo's have a dashboard / large instrument panel in the way, just a thought

I'm not sure the bubble canopy is a factor. What is puzzling is the difference in fps between NTTR and caucasus with the Gazelle on some systems.

that and the huge fps dip between the Gazelle and the rest of the modules.

It's not the issue since in external view it's the same, till you zoom out and model losses it's LOD. Not everyone experiences fps drop. Someone said that fps dropped with last update. Ppl who experiences fps drop have rigs from low-end to high-end. Damn... maybe it's about drivers or some specific video card settings...

Edited by q800

I get stable 60 in external view and 20ish in cockpit view though.

If you hit Ctrl+ScrollLock a couple of times you'll get a frame counter with a breakdown of where the system is spending its time. Comparing the breakdown between in-cockpit and external views might give a clue as to where the problem lies.

If you hit Ctrl+ScrollLock a couple of times you'll get a frame counter with a breakdown of where the system is spending its time. Comparing the breakdown between in-cockpit and external views might give a clue as to where the problem lies.

The Update category is at 23.6 in cockpit view and 6.5 in external, the other values are the same pretty much.

Edit:

in cockpit, FPS 33:

Render Total :0.0; Present 0.6; Update: 23.6; Shadow : 1.3 Env: 0.0 Mirrors: 10.7 MFD: 0.0 Main: 5.0 Cockpit 0.1; UI : 0.0; PostEffect 0.0; Btwn renders 0.6

Scene Total: 3.7; Parse 1.7; Surf 5.8; sea: 0.1; Sky: 0.1; Clouds: 0.0; Objects: 9.1; Exhaust: 0.0; Rain: 0.0.

Outside, FPS 42 ( a random dip, usually higher):

Render Total :0.0; Present 16.6; Update: 6.5; Shadow : 1.5 Env: 0.0 Mirrors: 10.2 MFD: 0.0 Main: 5.9 Cockpit 0.0; UI : 0.1; PostEffect 0.0; Btwn renders 1.0

Scene Total: 5.1; Parse 2.2; Surf 3.7; sea: 0.1; Sky: 0.1; Clouds: 0.0; Objects: 2.9; Exhaust: 0.0; Rain: 0.0.

Edited by Bidartarra

Did a quick comparison with the huey,

Update: 5.9 and mirrors 0 in cockpit, it seems to be the main difference.

Now I don't see any mirrors in the Gazelle cockpit, so why that big of an impact in the mirrors category?

What does the update category refers too?

I added a key combo to toggle mirrors in the Gazelle (Though it has no mirrors).

Toggling the mirrors off gives at best a 10% increase of FPS, so while it does matter whether it´s on or off, I still don´t think that it's the cure - so something else is going on.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

You guys should use the monitoring tool of DCS to see what has the bigger impact on frames.

Also the toggle mirror shortcut didn't help at all for me. I had to completely deactivate mirrors in the gameplay options. I did see the improvement after that.

Biggest impact has something called "present" in monitoring tool. But if i alt-tab DCS, and then go back to DCS it has very small impact and i have normal FPS for a while (sometimes). Something's wrong, definitely...

Edited by q800

You guys should use the monitoring tool of DCS to see what has the bigger impact on frames.

Also the toggle mirror shortcut didn't help at all for me. I had to completely deactivate mirrors in the gameplay options. I did see the improvement after that.

I do use the monitoring tool of DCS (Ctrl+Pause/Break).

I tried both disabling the mirrors in the setup menu as well as adding the key binding for "Toggle Mirrors" in the SA342 input lua in order to toggle mirrors in-game.

The outcome is the same...

Sitting on the runway at Kobaleti facing towards the sea I see 60 fps, this increases to 65 fps either if I disable the mirrors in the menu or I toggle them off with the key bind.

Looking right towards the city brings the fps down to 32 with mirrors on and increases fps to 35 turning them off.

But other modules gives me still better FPS.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Try also Alt+Enter to make DCS be in true full screen not bordless window as it starts default (each time it starts).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

poly.... Are you thinking in some kind of cockpit improve so it kills less fps? Ot it is not Gazelle's fault? I can fly it properly but there is more studdering than most other modules. Is it due that sincr you have less cockpit you are rendering more terrain?

Just wonder.

OK, I had this problem and I think I solved it with the toggle mirrors.

So before I had 22fps at a mission start. Also in flight the FPS was very poor.

First I deleted (actually renamed so I can compare) Options.lua from saved games folder and after rebuilding all how it was the FPS jumped from 22 to 34 in same conditions

Then I added the toggle mirrors command to default.lua from keyboard folder from input (I copied the line from mi-8 module) and when I toggled off the mirrors... bam! 60fps (max FPS for me as I use VSync and my monitor has 60fps).

So definitely there is a problem with the mirrors (I think mirrors.lua from config does nothing as I tried to replace it with a low.lua... maybe there is a shader file for it now) and people that tried this fix maybe just didn't add the command properly so it didn't actually worked.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Confirmed.

Added the mirror toggle to

• DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Input\keyboard\default.lua

and saw increases/drops of 20-30 fps as I enabled/disabled the mirrors (I have fps capped at 60fps).

keyCommands = {

[b]-- Test Mod
-- Increase frame rate by disabling Mirrors
-- Add Mi-8 Mirror Line
{combos = {{key = 'M'}}, down = iCommandToggleMirrors, name = _('Toggle mirrors'), category = _('General')},[/b]

-- Flight Test
-- {combos = {{key = 'F', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, down = iCommandPlaneNav_THeadingTimeRangeF, name = _('SA342 Show Flight Test indicator') , category = 'Flight Test'},
-- {combos = {{key = 'Up'}}, down = iCommandPlaneNav_PB0, name = _('SA342 Line Up'), category = 'Flight Test'},

etc.

DCS Version: 1.5.4.54855

Steam: yes

Map: Caucus

SP/MP: SP

Airframe SA-342M/SA-342L: L

Reproducible: Yes

Controllers: X52 Pro (Throttle), MS Sidewinder FFB2 (cyclic), TrackIR

RAM: 12GB

GPU: GTX 670 2Gb

Mods: JSGME all disabled, except above line edit to enable mirror keyboard toggle.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080