Tiny little men you can shoot at, "I had a dream" (™ Breadfan Breadfanovich)

Why doesn't ED introduce little running footsoldiers we can actually shoot at?

If you think it's hard to do, well, look at it this way:

1. Create a 3D model of a little green man (which is a lot simpler then some APC or T-80 for example)

2. Put some animation (moving legs and arms, simple stuff, some basic movement, nothing fancy)

3. Put it in (roughly) the same category as some vehicle, but reduce its speed to say, 20-30km/h (how fast can we run?)

4. Allow us to make waypoints with the set time for W1 to reach W2 (like with the planes), even make something simmilar to GAI (start running when airborne threat near)

5. Make them scream and bleed and wave white flags..ok. disregard this last bit

Basically, what I'm trying to say here, it's shouldn't be problem to make it possible AND it wouldn't cause any performance issues (unless you spend whole day adding 156795 of those on the map).

Imagine you're flying with your Ka-50, you hit a house and those little guys start running away for it..man...that would be such a treat.

I heard we will have some infantry in BS, but I'm not sure if this is just static objects or more then that?

Anyway, I hope it gets realised one day..:pilotfly:

Edited by Kenan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I have been asking this for an yr now. ED says the engine is "INCAPABLE" of performing skeletal animations without major rewrites whcih makes it equivalent to a NEW engine.

Howver, I always wonder why not do it as a regular animation llike "flaps", wheels etc.

The immersion with foot soldiers in a battlefield is absolutely un-imaginable. Lock on STILL IMO "FEELS" sterile.

I know that the models are getting a upgrade. However, personally immersion LIKE IN SILENT HUNTER 3 is the important aspect compared to a 5000000 poly chopper.

Well...I let my feelings flow...I know that a particular person will say as a negative rep, "Its my opinion that your opinion is NONSENSE". I know that the person knows who he is ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

even a simple novologic arcade game had them apache assault, apache attack, comanche 4 ...Now that was sooo wicked fun...it was the ultimate game..

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

EECH has infantry running around. I remember watching when the Hinds came in to take over an airbase, land, and then all these soldiers would run out all over the place, it was cool...

yup..it's called an Insertion ;)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

ED says the engine is "INCAPABLE" of performing skeletal animations without major rewrites whcih makes it equivalent to a NEW engine.

The point is, it DOESN'T HAVE to be some fancy skeletal animation. Just make it arcade-like running, something totally simple, but from the air it wouldn't make much of a difference as long as it leaves an impression of "some guy running".

THIS is what I'm talking about and again, I see no reason why wouldn't this be made possible, which would also boost the sim experience to an unimaginable level.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I would really welcome the addition of infantry soldier in BS. It would add a lot of immersion. But ED said that it would require too much work.

But honestly if they added infantry, then the community would start asking for correct AI behaviour, bushes and cover (which the LO world lacks a bit), etc...

Maybe something which could be added, without requiring too much work, could be : incoming small arms fire from buildings and rooftops ? i don't know...

If infantry soldiers are located into the different floors of a building, they don't have to be modelised, only the incoming fire could be modelised.

I would love to fly over a city in BS and then receive some incoming fire from buildings (helo ambush).

Can we just replace a let's say truck model with little guy with stinger model?

That would push my paranoia to new limits!

Imagine 10, 20 or even 50 of those little guys running around, but just two of them carry a real Igla .... the others are just dummies :huh:

;)

basic

for translators ...

Guest IguanaKing

Hell...I'd even be for the little patches of "stubble" that represented ground troops in the C64 version of Gunship. Sure, they weren't much to look at, but if you flew over them in your Apache at low altitude you'd get f'd up pretty badly.

totally agree with you guys.......we don't need a 20000 poly soldier. probably a soldier EVEN without animation like the crappy igla guy who just glides on the ground is enough. heck a 4 or 5 poly soldier model wouldn't cause much of a hit as a 500000 poly chopper and tanks ;)