Possible World's First......

Mt5_Roie

So someone on my youtube page asked if I could wing walk. I figured I have a replay of an L-39 flight....how hard can it be. So it's terrifying and the coolest thing in the world at the same time.

So as far as I know, and until proven wrong I believe that this is:

a) The first time someone has wing walked on a jet plane.

b) Someone has wing walked on a jet plane in DCS with and Oculus Rift CV1

Edited by Mt5_Roie

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Hahaha that's awesome! :thumbup:

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Did you make a video? Would love to see it. I never tried it with my DK2, although it should work just as well. It feels like the CV1 cords are longer too so makes it easier to walk around. I did order a HDMI extender and USB extender so I could make the cable 6ft longer to be able to walk around a little more...should be fun.

I already did some wing walking when I had the DK2 and advised others to do the same thing on the old Oculus mega-thread. None tried that then though.

Imagine the camera angles for Videos, lol.

Walk up to AC, climb ladder to simulate climing AC ladder :-)

Paging Glowong Amraam.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well I think being able to do a walk around of the aircraft would be awesome and check systems. You could even have random failures you could catch in the walk around that would need to be fixed before flying. Really a lot of cool potential with VR.