Returning Oculus Rift CV1

WindyTX

I also only use 65%GPU during Dcs 1.5 VR in MP. I really wonder if upgrading to ivy bridge and therfore utilizing pci-e 3.0 instead of 2.0 would make a difference.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I have the Oculus CV1, and had to purchase the 'USB 3.0' card that Oculus recommends - it works! I have a 1200 watt, modular power supply and you MUST connect cable from power supply to the back of the USB 3.0 card. This is where you get plenty of 'juice' to power your added USB 3.0. New card has 7.

I already have 3 - USB 3.0 ports on my tower, they were not strong enough to run the sensor, just the oculus.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I need to look into this usb card,I get a sensor not connected error when I load Oculus Home,I have to reboot to make it go away

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

What card did you use . Mine did not have a power connection. Do I feel like an idiot now.

Thanks for that power supply will be connected shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX
Power supply

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is the one I am using now,

on a random note, USB HDD's and USB3 Ultra Thrumb Drives are Significantly Faster using this Card over the Onboard USB3.0 of my Mainboard.

I'm looking to get a 2nd one when I upgrade.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. I have been using the rift in DCS for about a month now and everything was working flawlessly. Since yesterday, it disconnects after 10min or so in game, after the slightest touch or movement. I opened a ticket and they had me try a few things but no success so far. At this point I hope I can get a refund. This really sucks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

Resolved for anyone who has motherboards with a Asmedia USB controller.

Solution: Disable Asmedia controller which has proven to be the #1 fault for hdmi disconnects and 'black screen'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

The F15 is by far the worst cockpit for me, almost unplayable, the A10 is probably the best, and the new ones are all ok,for frame rate I mean. Draw distance kills me, I run ultra shadows with no hit to frame rate, but can't go over low draw distance, I'm using a reference 1070.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F15 is by far the worst cockpit for me, almost unplayable, the A10 is probably the best, and the new ones are all ok,for frame rate I mean. Draw distance kills me, I run ultra shadows with no hit to frame rate, but can't go over low draw distance, I'm using a reference 1070.

can you elaborate on the F15 issue , i pre ordered the rift just for the F15 after the hype i got from every one , Can you read the HUD in the F15 , Can you see the Radar screen and get info of bandits also can you see the RWR and make what is what ? even if you have to lean its okay .

can you elaborate on the F15 issue , i pre ordered the rift just for the F15 after the hype i got from every one , Can you read the HUD in the F15 , Can you see the Radar screen and get info of bandits also can you see the RWR and make what is what ? even if you have to lean its okay .

Yes you can do all of the above, without leaning, if you use PD 2.0 at lower settings you need to lean in or zoom

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I had the same power/disconnecting issue when I plugged in both the sensor and the Rift into the 2 USB 3.0 ports that are located in the back of my computer (on the motherboard.) By disconnecting the sensor from the back of my computer and connecting it to the USB 3.0 port in the front of my case (which is coming from a different source on my motherboard) has solved the problem for me. I have a Asus P8Z77-V PRO motherboard. Hope it helps someone.

I use an externaly USB hub, with powersupply, in my USB 3.0 port on my PC, it works like a charm...

Before I did that, I had to reste my tracking with Num 5 several times during a flight.

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I find the F15 useable and can read the Hud and the radar but it seems to be the laggyist cockpit.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

OK,

I can tell by the feedback that inside the cockpits, the vr is quite good. I would like your take on what it looks like outside...looking through the canopy glass.?? Also what is your impression of the outside views???

I remember when I purchased the Nvivia 3-d vision glasses and used them on a new 120hz monitor, inside the cockpit, the view was great,full 3-d....but looking outside again through the canopy, the 3-d image was a jumble of distortions and if I remember the outside view did not work in 3-d.

Lazduc

I find the F15 useable and can read the Hud and the radar but it seems to be the laggyist cockpit.

try using these https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173530

What ingame settings are you using ?

Try this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173530 :thumbup:

OK,

I can tell by the feedback that inside the cockpits, the vr is quite good. I would like your take on what it looks like outside...looking through the canopy glass.?? Also what is your impression of the outside views???

I remember when I purchased the Nvivia 3-d vision glasses and used them on a new 120hz monitor, inside the cockpit, the view was great,full 3-d....but looking outside again through the canopy, the 3-d image was a jumble of distortions and if I remember the outside view did not work in 3-d.

Lazduc

I also used those nvidia 3d glasses (3d vision) and it worked well with DCS, but you had to use Lefunestes' mod in order to get good results. Outside view worked fine with 3dvision, but you have to adjust separation and convergence settings to get it right (check 3dvision options in the nvidia driver). If you played DCS in 3d without the mod or tweaking with some other settings (separation / convergence) than you would have lots of problems, some problems were still there even with the mod.

Now, with VR (rift in my case), it's very different, no need for mods and it all just works. No separation/convergence options you just have to test a bit to get good FPS and possibly invest in new hardware.

I hope this answers your question.