Pilot trimmer problem with FFB

Reflected

Hi All,

I'm a totally new Huey pilot, barely managing a hover, but having a lot of fun :)

Anyway, I'm having problems with my pilot trimmer button. As far as I understand it trims the cyclic in the position where the pilot is pushing it. This only partly works:

I own a MS FFB2 stick. When I have to apply a lot of forward pressure I press the button and the "force center" position will be as far forward as I was pushing the cyclic when pressing the button. Cool.

However, when I have to apply, say, a lot of right cyclic, and press the pilot trimmer button, the "force center " doesn't move to the right, but to the left, and I end up having to push it even harder to the right.

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong? :joystick:

Thanks a lot in advance.

Greg

I have a FFB2 on the way myself. Samek is right from what I understand as well. I'll link a post that explains what you need to do to fix this. Hope it works because mine is otw and I'm looking forward to using it for the Huey and mi8.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2803262&postcount=2

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

However, when I have to apply, say, a lot of right cyclic, and press the pilot trimmer button, the "force center " doesn't move to the right, but to the left, and I end up having to push it even harder to the right.

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?

It is the normal default DCS action for a MS FFB2.

You'll need to swap the (force) axis in the 'Force Feedback Tune Panel'

attachment.php?attachmentid=142171&stc=1&d=1465477816

AFAIK you need to apply the settings outside of flying the Huey as applying the settings while in flight cause the FFB settings to reset to ED's defaults,

Default FFB settings for some other modules are listed in this post

Ka-50:

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: Ka-50 Sim - Axis Commands] :

Top MSFFB2 : Y axis assigned as Pitch - X axis assigned as Roll

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

UH-1H (beta 1.2.6.18651):

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: UH-1H Sim - Axis Commands] :

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

Mi-8MTV2 (beta 1.2.6.18651):

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: Mi-8MTV2 - Axis Commands] :

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Checked

Invert Y = Checked

UH-1H_MS_FFB2_Settings.thumb.jpg.1e0965d348dc1771defb4a33ff95aebc.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 7 years later...

Hello,

I wanted to start a new thread but wondering if I could just continue on from this one.

I have recently start using the LaserWing FFB Stick. It goes really good, however I am having some issues with the Huey trim system.

I have set the stick to provide some centering force (not a lot) as I understand this is how the real Huey works. When I push the trim button on the cyclic the stick goes into dead mode as it should. If I then hold the cyclic forward so the Huey is in a cruise attitude and release the trimmer button, the stick over compensates and wants to move forward a little further than where I have it. It's almost like its reading how far I've moved the stick from center and then applying that to the new position. So if you have trimmed the cyclic forward it uses that value from center and applies it again to the new position that exagerates it even more. If I hold the stick slightly forward and keep pressing the trim button it wants to move the stick further and further forward.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their FFB stick/s, regardless of brand?

Sounds like you have curves set in DCS. Curves on joystick axis and FFB don't work together.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, Jantar said:

Hello,

I wanted to start a new thread but wondering if I could just continue on from this one.

I have recently start using the LaserWing FFB Stick. It goes really good, however I am having some issues with the Huey trim system.

I have set the stick to provide some centering force (not a lot) as I understand this is how the real Huey works. When I push the trim button on the cyclic the stick goes into dead mode as it should. If I then hold the cyclic forward so the Huey is in a cruise attitude and release the trimmer button, the stick over compensates and wants to move forward a little further than where I have it. It's almost like its reading how far I've moved the stick from center and then applying that to the new position. So if you have trimmed the cyclic forward it uses that value from center and applies it again to the new position that exagerates it even more. If I hold the stick slightly forward and keep pressing the trim button it wants to move the stick further and further forward.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their FFB stick/s, regardless of brand?

Are you sure the cyclic stick provides any centering force? I thought it doesn't.

Edited by jpuk

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

According to my dad, who flew Hueys and Kiowas in the early 1980's, the Huey had very light centering force and he did not recall ever using the force trim. Of course, he's an old man now and who knows how good his memory is! I was shocked when he tried my setup and was immediately able to fly like a pro without touching a helicopter (or simulator/video game of any kind) in 40 years.