What module should I buy?

sublime

I play realistic as possible tho my comp i on the low end. Love and am proficient i the huey p51 f15c a10a su25a su27 mig 29 and mig 21.

Im turned off the German warbirds even though I loved p51 because my comp doesnt seem to handle MP well and lack of single player content. Same with f86 and mig 15 tho those tempt me.

Whats the status for missions campaigns and the general state of the mirage?

Oh and I also have black shark 2 which i just seem to suck at and i just dont like the bird.

So mirage? Does that recently released helo have missions and camapigns? I have to admit that one interests me along with the mirage.

Any other suggestions guys?

Gazelle is pretty nice and has a campaign too. But if you are not into helos don't know if you'll like it or not. It turned quite a few people into DCS helo fans it seems though, making them start flying and loving other helos too. I too didn't like the Ka-50 module at first, but since the beginning of May, I took a helo binge and came to love it.

Mirage, well it is fun to fly around but, in my opinion it is better to wait more on it, though it is on sale so might be fair game.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I love helos. Well i do but not the ka50. Maube you could point me to some tutorials. The mirage tempts me because its 35. The gazelle is ten more. Though im very tempted because i love the huey

Anyone else?

Or should i just wait for the f5

If the MiG-21 runs well on your system, then I don't see that any of the others will give you any problems as far as your PC is concerned.

As for which module to get next, I suggest it depends on what way you prefer to fly. Dogfighting has it's optimum modules including the F-86 and MiG-15; ground attack - a no-brainer, it has to be the A-10C; rotary wing, I'd highly recommend the Gazelle right now unless you like under-slung load work; slinging missiles around the sky using radar, then although the Mirage is still WIP, it is definitely a worthwhile investment; light attack roles, then I'd recommend the L-39 package as it comes with 2 distinct variants, and they are a work of art.

I'd not recommend hanging on for the F-5E because it will probably need some work after it first arrives to perfect it - and therefore it is an unknown quantity right now.

Bottom line however is that you will get great value for money, and a challenge with all the modules currently out there. The only caveat is that the Hawk and C101 are still incomplete, but catching up. I'd wait a while for either of them to be fair.

I love helos. Well i do but not the ka50. Maube you could point me to some tutorials.

The KA-50 is a blast to fly and combat in. I tried for a long time to get the hang of it, and did not think I would ever get to where I could fly comfortably and actually fight in it.

Chuck's excellent KA-50 guide helped me out a lot.

If interested, you can grab the guide here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3U1VZWWNBam9ZdDg/view?pref=2&pli=1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks yes Ive read chucks guide what i find ironic is though the huey wasnt easy to master i did it. The ka50 i just cant seem to and the more i try and fail the more i dislike the a/c. Dogfighting just to fogfight is fun but with the p51 thats my biggest gripe. Theres not a lot to dogfight a few missions and campaigns that are alright i guess but id rayher a real combat campaign not a challenge campaign or even something inventive like hi stakes. Avcording to ed rech support the game shudnt run on my comp but it does and playably. Im all set with a10c. I have fc3 and a sketchy copy of an older build of a10 c is what got me into dcs. But alas a10c no.the mirage is tempting butthe gazelle more so. Except... it coems with a campaign? You only use one weapon the HOT missile? Can you do any roles besides attacking grnd targets?

No trainers its either gazelle mirage or f86 or advice to wait for f5 andnother stuff.

My multuplayer experiences so far havent been good. Laggy low frames on my end etc etc

I def will somehow get the f5, f18 and f14 butball but the 1st are very distant. Is the viggen due soon? I know almost nothing about it but it intrigues me more than the mirage simply bc ive heard bad things ant th3 mirage module as far as french missile modelling and no camp.

Oh and the spitfire and prolly p47 too because i think by that point dcs will hopefuly have fixed some ww2 issues such as more airceaft even if only ai and instant action or mission generators only using ww2 era airceaft if your using a ww2 ac.

Also regarding the f86 and mig15. Theres no camp for either. I think ive sen a total of like 3 f86 missions and less mig15. Am i missing something or do theyvreally just notnhave single player missions? Aame with the dora. I like 109s but i refuse to fly the Kurfurst its my.least fav model with the G series close to it. I prefer F4s f2s then Es.

Edited by sublime

I don't mean to hijack your thread @subline but maybe my question will help with your decision on Summer Sale module to buy.

Anyone want to comment on a choice between the F-86 or L-39? I'm only a single player missions/campaigns pilot at this time, still very green (FC3, and NTTR so far). The F-86 is attractive for two reasons - soon to be released Museum Relic DLC and the era of the bird - nothing in FC3 is like this. But, I also hear good things of the Albratros and seeing I'm mostly learning without getting into battles this may be a good choice for someone like me.

Any comments appreciated!

I have both the L-39 and the F-86. Both are a dream to fly.

The L-39 feels more complete, and if I had to pick I would rate it as the better flying plane, but that is just my opinion. The L-39 lacks a campaign, and unless you roll your own missions there isn't much to do with it other than teach yourself the systems (weapons, nav, etc.) and joyride offline or on the aerobatics server.

The F-86 gives you more to do in the game (more user created missions to download, fighting MiG-15s off and online, etc.) and as you noted a new campaign coming soon. The F-86 also uses similar navigation techniques to the L-39, so you can learn to navigate in either bird.

If I could only have one, I would get the F-86 over the L-39, but it would be a very close call.

And just to throw a wrench at you, have you considered the MiG-21Bis? I was never interested in the MiG-21, but I bought it based on the stellar reviews, and it is my favorite module by far. Just as analog as the L-39 and F-86,, but supersonic, and capable of carrying more modern air and ground weapons.

L-39, despite its sleek looks, is slow and not very manoeuvrable. There is no campaign and barely any content that would keep you occupied, esp. if you're not interested in multiplayer. It's not a plane suitable for A2A, you'll get outrun by C-130. The navigation equipment is unusable on Nevada map because of lack of navaids. But it's very high quality addon.

F-86 is slightly better because its capable A2A fighter. Fighting AI MiG-15 is a poor experience though and there's not much else to do since you're still flying over modern crimea without any period correct units except the MiG.

MiG-21 is also an interesting option, be aware that it's not an easy plane to learn and it is still "in development", so occasionally you may experience some issues and things not working as they should.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

L-39 / The navigation equipment is unusable on Nevada map because of lack of navaids. But it's very high quality addon.

MiG-21 is also an interesting option,

sorry if i butchered your post but isn't the Mig21 suffering from the same lack of navaids? The L-39 is a perfect plane to learn the Mig21 navigation systems (RSBN and PRMG); but is also much easier to navigate in Nevada if you use NDB's; the Mig21 will need to be preset in the mission editor with the adapted frequencies.

Well, the navigation system in the MiG-21 falls into "things not working as they should" of my previous post. But you can use them for navigation and I think they also work in Nevada since they are defined in a different way than in L-39. But the RSBN is MiG-21 is not as detailed simulation as in L-39.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I play realistic as possible tho my comp i on the low end. Love and am proficient i the huey p51 f15c a10a su25a su27 mig 29 and mig 21.

Im turned off the German warbirds even though I loved p51 because my comp doesnt seem to handle MP well and lack of single player content. Same with f86 and mig 15 tho those tempt me.

Whats the status for missions campaigns and the general state of the mirage?

Oh and I also have black shark 2 which i just seem to suck at and i just dont like the bird.

So mirage? Does that recently released helo have missions and camapigns? I have to admit that one interests me along with the mirage.

Any other suggestions guys?

Don't buy trainer aircrafts, just don't ever !

G'day all I am in the same boat. I not sure whether I should go for the L-39c because currently to me it looks awesome, the Mig-21 as it has incredible reviews or the Huey as it I am yet to fly a helo. Currently I own FC-3 , A-10C , F-86 , hawk T1A and M-2000c. Most of the aircraft I bought after the A-10C were because versions of them were/are flown by the RAAF (f-86 , hawk T1A , m-2000c (yes I know it's no M-III ) I enjoy them all however the marriage stands out as a better aircraft the hawk is still rather simple and suffers optimisation it if yo enjoy them all however the marriage stands out as a better aircraft the hawk is still rather simple and suffers optimisation issues (but it's great time to fly ) and just as others have said the F 86 why incredible is spoiled by the damage model and the enemy AI , i'm really looking for something more complex Hence the mig-21 or the Huey stands out but why simple the l-39c look like fun. Any advice guys

fly fast , navigate precisely , communicate effectively and you might just drop some explosive banter on some terrorists - Saber

I just purchased the L-39 on flash sale, which I believe is still going on. I'm really enjoying learning this plane. Some systems, like navigation, are more sophisticated than in the F86, which I own too . I've mothballed my other trainer planes, Hawk, and C101, the L-39 is a more complete. module. Loving the L-39

P.S. Mig - 21 is still my overall favorite fighter. The L-39 is my now favorite trainer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Edited by bernp
Clarify