Hard to control this aircraft

Lenux

Am i doing something wrong, guys ? I can't really control the MiG 15, the stallings occurs very often, either the aircraft is leaning left / right ( attached image ) and i can't control it anymore

I have many aircrafts, like MiG 21, F-86 Sabre, P51D Mustang, Bf 109, M2000 C, but i have no problem to control them.

Could that be because of some joystick / HOTAS / TrackIR 5 / wrong settings ??

But when i test it ( i purchased the MiG 15, 2 days ago ) with the default Free Flight / Dogfight, from DCS menu, i have no problems.

I downloaded a single mission, please have a quick looks guys, and tell me if something is wrong there.

Thank you

Mig-15_furball_.miz

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The mission looks normal. One thing to keep in mind though - it starts at very high altitude, with all planes operating at high Mach numbers. In MiG-15, the adverse compressibility effects (uncommanded roll, rudder reversal etc.) begin already at ~ Mach 0.85, much earlier than in F-86. Thus, flying the-15 that high requires very careful speed control to avoid going too fast and facing control problems. Check "Operating Limitations" and "Aerodynamic Particulars" section of the manual for details.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ok, i will read through the manual, but sometimes i fly at low altitude, and the plane seems to be impossible to control ( attached image, first post )

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

In that case, posting a track rather than a mission will be more helpful. If the problem is caused by control settings, the mission file will tell us nothing, as it will work allright on our computers.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have a similar issue.

The F-86 is a dream to fly, but the MiG-15 suffers accelerated stalls, and all rudder inputs result in instability and excessive roll using the same axis settings at the F-86. Regardless of altitude and speed I spend more time fighting to keep the MiG under control than any other plane in DCS (and I have all of them except the trainers).

• 1 month later...

Just wondering what kind of stick you guys are using.

I am using a MS FFB2 and the Mig15 is a hand full but in a delicious way.

My stick shakes quite a lot as I am manoeuvring hard at high AOA and the ailerons stop working and the rudder roll reverses at high mach.

It is a handful to fly but that's why I like it so much.

Are you using a spring stick? I would suggest trying a FFB stick. There are a few planes and especially the choppers that I really didn't like the feel of when I used a spring stick , but once i got a FFB stick they feel great.

Just wondering what kind of stick you guys are using.

I am using a MS FFB2 and the Mig15 is a hand full but in a delicious way.

My stick shakes quite a lot as I am manoeuvring hard at high AOA and the ailerons stop working and the rudder roll reverses at high mach.

It is a handful to fly but that's why I like it so much.

Are you using a spring stick? I would suggest trying a FFB stick. There are a few planes and especially the choppers that I really didn't like the feel of when I used a spring stick , but once i got a FFB stick they feel great.

I use the Saitek cyborg evo force feedback joystick and love flying the Mig-15 due to the feedback from the aircraft that makes it feel like a real live 'beast' to fly, rather than just a dead thing, LOL.

I would also recommend the force feedback Gametrix Jetseat to add to this sense of immersion.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

Every now and then second hand, hardly used, Saitek cyborg evo ff sticks become available to add to my collection, but I wish a new ff stick could be produced by a developer somewhere for all of us to enjoy without resorting to the second hand market.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I have a similar issue.

The F-86 is a dream to fly, but the MiG-15 suffers accelerated stalls, and all rudder inputs result in instability and excessive roll using the same axis settings at the F-86. Regardless of altitude and speed I spend more time fighting to keep the MiG under control than any other plane in DCS (and I have all of them except the trainers).

Svend could be completely correct. I have had the same issues and the problem was that my rudders were bound to my pedals and my stick at the same time. Have a look and see if that isn't the case here. :joystick:

Svend could be completely correct. I have had the same issues and the problem was that my rudders were bound to my pedals and my stick at the same time. Have a look and see if that isn't the case here. :joystick:

It happens quite a lot first time you install a module. Same axis control is assigned to various axes...

Aslo. Check your speed. Never fly over .85 mach

Thanks for the pointers. I will check my control mappings.

I am using the Defender Cobra M5 stick, and I have no plans to dig up a FFB stick. I also recently acquired the Jetseat, and I will give the module another try with more "seat of the pants" feedback.

Thanks all.

• 1 month later...

Where is the location for aerodynamics file, for MiG 15 ??