AIR REFUEL WITH RP BUG

Exo7

Hi all,

I think Air refuel with RP doesn't work properly. you take only few hundreds Kg, you never go to full fuel. no transmission from the tanker, you still "plugged" to the basket.

no pb without RP : full fuel.

V1.5.4 official release.

do i missed something ?

Edited by Exo7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't tried with a centre-line external tank in 1.5.4 but external wing tanks definitely refuel to full, using the S-3 and Il-78

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Hi Guys,

I have made some new tests. using only the IL78.

with the centerline RP i can refuel only to 4050 KG, each time i tried the fuel blocks here.

if i disconnect and reconnect the refuel goes to 4050 KG and stop. no tanker communication "transfert complete".

With the 2 wings RP, i can refuel only to 5350 KG. same as the Centerline RP, each time i tried, the refuel blocks to 5350 KG, no tanker comm.

i can stay plugged on the basket, but no fuel transfert from the tanker, while i'm connected, the fuel level doesnt move (no consumption).

with the 2 wings RP, if i disconnect after a while, the aircraft become uncontrollable, goes to spin and finally fall.

maybe a mass problem ?

this problem can be reproduced in Solo, MP, and by other pilot...

@++

Edited by Exo7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will check.

Just as a note: Air to air refueling is supposed to refill any external tank attached to the aircraft.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yesterday we noticed the same issue.

With CLT I got only ~3200kg. At the S-3 I lost contact once but can't remember the fuel state at this moment.

After AAR we land at Kobuleti for refuelling. I got only ~1000kg of fuel without external tanks and with CLT ~2000kg. If I ask ground crew to fill me up with 100% of fuel I never get more the ~1000kg/~2000kg. The message "transfer complete" didn't came.

We rearm with Eclair pod, CLT and 4 Mk-82-snake eye. After rotating lift off feels a bit strange for both of us. In the Air I had a stall (my fault). My stall recovery and our both landings (without Mk-82-snake eye) feels strange too.

When I'm back home I add the .trk file in my post.

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

We had the same issue yesterday and last Friday, with 1.5.4 open beta.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Distance: Depends on the tankers speed. :D

Time: Fuel flow rates are from 680 to 2.040 Kg per minute. I didn't test, which flow rate we have in DCS.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I'm back home I add the .trk file in my post.

The original track was ~60Mb so here is a short one from openbeta 1.5.4.54855. It's an older mission.

The transfer stops at 1.350kg of fuel.

In our trainings we notice, that the transfer stops at any kind of fuel state.

AAR_1350kg.trk

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

I did some tests and it looks like it fill only external RP tank (but still show them as empty) and not internals.

I have a problem with S-3B since a while ago too but not related to M2000. It does only one race-track pattern then go away to land...

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I did some tests and it looks like it fill only external RP tank (but still show them as empty) and not internals.

I have a problem with S-3B since a while ago too but not related to M2000. It does only one race-track pattern then go away to land...

I believe that's because he's bingo fuel so he RTB. A side note to mission editor out here, put an Ukranian IL-78 on blue side upon mission creation. Those tanker can hold much longer and further refuel two Mirages at the same time... Since we don't know yet the release date of the KC-135 so, please take this into consideration when making stuff guys. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it seems to be bingo fuel. S-3B has 5.6t of internal fuel (external tank doesn't seem to be taken in count, it's only visual as part of the 3D model.....).

So when you refuel your Mirage (3t of internal fuel) you empty the S-3B fuel so it goes bingo fuel and go away.

I didn't think it has a so limited refuel capacity... and the lack of real external tank doesn't help... ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.