[Reported] TrackIR Orientation Flips when Exceeding 90 Degrees on Vertical Axis

HA! I got sent to this thread by SkateZilla's closure of another thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2845997#post2845997

and he states that this matter was resolved and to come here to this thread? For what, I don't see the resolve mentioned here, only the problem.

:huh:

The TrackIR Slanted View was a completely different problem w/ the vertical axis offset, which was resoved.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I see your point, thank you for the clarification. For me, the slanted view was resolved but still limits the horizontal view (cant look back sideways any further than the wing tips), and I also have the flipping issue as well. I thank you for clearing up the confusion between threads I had.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

TrackIR --- should just stop, and not flip when at limit

This is, to me, really distracting and confusing and illogical :).

When you turn your head so that you exceed the possible *virtual* range of movement (and not the TrackIR), then the orientation flips 180 degrees.

Note that this is not that the head tracker has lost the ability to track 3 points or has exceeded the device's FOV/range of movement. Just that the virtual ROM limit is reached and your head tracker continues to try and push past.

At this point, simply stopping any more movement to simulate real world limits of movement makes sense. Flipping it does not ... unless we are possessed ;) !

head-track-flip.trk

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 1

The TrackIR Slanted View was a completely different problem w/ the vertical axis offset, which was resoved.

Sorry, just to clarify the clarification ...

There are two issues mentioned here:

(A) Slanted view

(B) Vertical axis offset

So, to confirm:

(1) the flipping around as you reach a limit when looking up is issue "B"

(2) the "slanted view issue is resolved, and the "vertical axis offset" issue remains to be resolved? or the other way around?

Sorry, just to clarify the clarification ...

There are two issues mentioned here:

(A) Slanted view

(B) Vertical axis offset

So, to confirm:

(1) the flipping around as you reach a limit when looking up is issue "B"

(2) the "slanted view issue is resolved, and the "vertical axis offset" issue remains to be resolved? or the other way around?

This thread is for the bug, when vertical axis exceeds +/-90° the view flips 180 degrees.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

This should be fixed in 2.0.3

and will likely make it's way to 1.5 soon.