trim no working??

wumas0201

Trim Problems

I am having trim problems. In talking to fellow pilots they say the Joy Stick and the Trimmer are connected win maneuvering. However mine are not... see the picture attached.

What happens is I trim and the little Diamond moves to adjust but the big diamond continues to do its own thing and the Big Diamond is what is controlling the aircraft so essentially I have no trimming... the buttons work but they are doing nothing.

140541621_Trimproblem.png.11629b6e903bd23078df01e66835ea32.png

Trim is working fine here.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trim is working fine here.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First make sure you have assigned the elevator trim to key or joystick button (I assume you've done this already). There is a small gauge on the left hand side of the HUD controls. You might easily miss it as it's almost hidden under the sunshade of the dashboard. This is your trim position indicator. The F5 came out to have long trim travel. It takes time to move the trim though its full range. For take off you need to set you trim to 6 (for empty AC) or more (for loaded AC). At first I thought trim not working as well but then I did the take off training and figured the trim is long and you need to press the trim up/down a bit longer to feel the effect. Once in trim it's very easy to control it and minor adjustments are sufficient.

Edited by skypirate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Your trim problem is probably related to the same thing as with all the other fixed wings in DCS; if you have FFB enabled in the option menu, the trim doesn't work.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

;2851346']Your trim problem is probably related to the same thing as with all the other fixed wings in DCS; if you have FFB enabled in the option menu' date=' the trim doesn't work.[/quote']

I have FFB unabled in option menu, but the trim just no working:helpsmilie:

Do You have any FFB device plugged in You computer? Because if You do, the infamous trim bug will affect many (though not all) planes no matter if FFB in options is set to "on" or "off". With both previous Belsimtek planes affected by the bug, I'd guess F-5 is too. That's more general DCS problem, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Do You have any FFB device plugged in You computer? Because if You do, the infamous trim bug will affect many (though not all) planes no matter if FFB in options is set to "on" or "off". With both previous Belsimtek planes affected by the bug, I'd guess F-5 is too. That's more general DCS problem, though.

I totally agree with you. Because I use g940. That's the problem

I am having trim problems. In talking to fellow pilots they say the Joy Stick and the Trimmer are connected win maneuvering. However mine are not... see the picture attached.

What happens is I trim and the little Diamond moves to adjust but the big diamond continues to do its own thing and the Big Diamond is what is controlling the aircraft so essentially I have no trimming... the buttons work but they are doing nothing.

I have the same issue... :-(

I am using Logitech Racing wheel FF ( I only use the Pedals for rudders and the shifter for extra buttons) and a Saitek X52 for my joystick and throttle. I do have the trimmers mapped to a coolie hat buttons on my joystick, they are set as follows in my controls:

Aileron Trimmer Switch- Right Wing Down

Aileron Trimmer Switch- Left Wing Down

Aileron Trimmer Switch- PULL(CLIMB)

Aileron Trimmer Switch- PUSH(DESCEND)

Because of the previous Post by wumas0201 in which the FF back actually helped resolve his issue I tried to do it with my configuration but it did not help. The Hat switch has no effect on the trim. I can hold it down and the Gauge on the upper left dash goes all the way to the 10 and stops but the plane does not trim at all. The trimmer button on the joy stick also moves as if its trimming but the trimmer does not effect the plane's flight.

Any assistance would be appreciated .

Edited by Erk104

I found the issue on my side. I was using a virtual joystick driver which has the force feedback property. I used this registry hack to remove the force feedback property: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/forum/5-Discussion/1149-solved-disabling-force-feedback-support#3674

Edit: You can check the dcs.log if a device with force feedback capabilities was detected!

Edited by f4l0

I reckon it is the implementation of ffb-capable hardware/driver and what dcs expects from it. I've written a little about it yesterday with added possible solution today, but that is up to ED coders to implement or not. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2850891&postcount=13

We can only work around by disabling the device or removing the ffb-capable flag from the driver. However doing so will almost certainly result in loss of rumble/vibration effect on direct input device. Still, trim is more important feature imo.

I wonder, anyone here with Jetseat rumbler have these issues too?

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

I reckon it is the implementation of ffb-capable hardware/driver and what dcs expects from it. I've written a little about it yesterday with added possible solution today, but that is up to ED coders to implement or not. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2850891&postcount=13

We can only work around by disabling the device or removing the ffb-capable flag from the driver. However doing so will almost certainly result in loss of rumble/vibration effect on direct input device. Still, trim is more important feature imo.

I wonder, anyone here with Jetseat rumbler have these issues too?

My problem is I a have FFB racing wheel that I only use the pedals for the rudder so the game believes I am using FFB so no matter if I turn FFB on or off it has no effect on the trimmer.

I found the issue on my side. I was using a virtual joystick driver which has the force feedback property. I used this registry hack to remove the force feedback property: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/forum/5-Discussion/1149-solved-disabling-force-feedback-support#3674

Edit: You can check the dcs.log if a device with force feedback capabilities was detected!

I am not a computer programmer however I do know that the regedit function can really break a computer unless you know exactly what your doing. My question is if I remove these and I find out that this is not my problem how do I get these back in?

Jetseat is not effected. We use data directly from the sim and not a 'driver'.

Probably DCS doesn't consider Jetseat as controller then, since it doesn't have any axis/buttons in the first place and just uses dinput and ffe profiles to convey the vibrations. I will try to disable any control aspects of my rumble-kneepad (and will leave it as passive rumblepack too) in the custom driver to see if it solves the trim interference. Thanks for the idea.

My problem is I a have FFB racing wheel that I only use the pedals for the rudder so the game believes I am using FFB so no matter if I turn FFB on or off it has no effect on the trimmer.

Same for me. I have stick that is not FFB capable and second controller/device which is flagged as FFB capable (only vibrations though). Conflict happens when dcs expects my flight stick to change position when I trim the plane, regardless of ffb setting in the dcs options as long as the second device is plugged in and detected (despite I don't have anything mapped to that device in the dcs options). That's how it is implemented in the game it seems. Either ED considers to tweak the implementation, or we have to disable the FFB in the driver of affected device (or possibly only in the api or registry, depending on your hardware). Please keep in mind, that I only have this behaviour with L39 as I don't have every module, so it is only my guess after reading the comments that it is the same for Belsimtek planes.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

I have almost all modules with the exception of the WW2 planes. And the F-5E module is the first I have seen of this issue.

to further trouble shoot I disconnected my Logitech FFB racing wheel and pedals and mapped my Twist stick to my rudder controls. This did resolve the issue however now I MUST fly with the twist stick instead of the pedals which I do not want to do. I wish they would implement a FFB disconnect option that would fix this issue.

I am not a computer programmer however I do know that the regedit function can really break a computer unless you know exactly what your doing. My question is if I remove these and I find out that this is not my problem how do I get these back in?

Just rename the entries :) e.g. add '_' before the name

This has fixed my problem. Thank you f4l0

Edited by Erk104

First make sure you have assigned the elevator trim to key or joystick button (I assume you've done this already). There is a small gauge on the left hand side of the HUD controls. You might easily miss it as it's almost hidden under the sunshade of the dashboard. This is your trim position indicator. The F5 came out to have long trim travel. It takes time to move the trim though its full range. For take off you need to set you trim to 6 (for empty AC) or more (for loaded AC). At first I thought trim not working as well but then I did the take off training and figured the trim is long and you need to press the trim up/down a bit longer to feel the effect. Once in trim it's very easy to control it and minor adjustments are sufficient.

could you please share a picture of the gauge

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Yep, trim is not working for me at all, I did a straight and level at constant speed, and ran the trim to its maximum positive and negative value, and the aircraft didn't move at all. I run a Logitech G25 with FFB for Assetto Corsa, and use the pedals as rudders - I think it's probably the FFB on the wheel, but I'm not sure how to fix it without disabling the wheel FFB entirely, which will affect its usage in other games.. any suggestions?

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trim works here.

You might want to check the Trim Elevator indicator to see if it works as intended.

Circled red in picture:

trimelevator.jpg

As you trim "up", the needle moves up from 0 to whatever.

A good Trim for takeoff is 2, when empty.

up to 8+ when loaded.

Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig