Nevada Tonopah Air Force Base?

• ED Team
I am not jealous as much as I am just thankful -- that all this stuff is being driven by people passionate about this sim and all the potential that it holds.

So what's up with Tonopah? Why no NAS Fallon?

NAS Fallon might be a little too far North? Maybe it will come later. I think many will be happy with what is coming, might not be everything we want, but should be better than we have now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think many will be happy with what is coming, might not be everything we want, but should be better than we have now.

Just looking at it as another stepping stone to bigger things. It's hard to do, but I am waiting! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

NAS Fallon might be a little too far North? Maybe it will come later. I think many will be happy with what is coming, might not be everything we want, but should be better than we have now.

Well, that is a fact right there.

Gotta want what you got. Can't always get what you want.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

At what point will a third party dev get a chance to develop a map or a region? I suppose that is part of the post 2.5 merge reality?

There are third party devs already working on maps; it will simply be a little bit of time before one is ready to reveal their efforts.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

At what point will a third party dev get a chance to develop a map or a region? I suppose that is part of the post 2.5 merge reality?

Yeah. I believe 2.5 is the foundation for other map releases. I would not be surprised if there were 3 or 4 maps almost at the ready just waiting for 2.5 to settle. LNS has several underway but status is unknown...

Terrain & Theatre Development

We've recently began ramping up the amount of time we spend on developing our new theatres and terrains for DCS World. Currently we have
three separate theaters in development
, one of which we have previously announced and will be released together with the F-14. The other two are slated for release either with, or directly after the release of our other two aircraft. All three are very unique and don't really have a lot in common. This is both a blessing and a curse, as it makes it easier to create more theaters in these particular environments later on, but also dramatically increases current workload.

Our goal with theaters is to not only build a great environment to immerse the player in the game world, but to also try and provide an appropriate framework for the aircraft we create.

To achieve this framework, we have to spend a lot of time creating AI Aircraft, Ground and Naval units, all of which represent a huge investment of time and effort.

Thus, we hope to avoid aircraft that are 'misplaced' in the wrong theater and environment. Naturally, the main campaign for each module will take place in their respective theater.

Current Art team focus on the front of Theatre development is the creation of everything from terrain textures (many based on Photogrammetry), environmental models, props & buildings, airfield objects, and 'unique' terrain features (Some terrain features require extra detail, an unrelated example would be Mt. Rushmore).

We're also creating custom models and artwork for e.g. trenchlines, defensive installations and unique coastlines.

The construction of the overall terrain components such as the coastline, roads, towns, airfields, fields, forests and more takes an incredible amount of time.

I'm sure you can imagine how time consuming it can be to mark out each and every field in an e.g. 250x250 km area.

Then add in all the forests and towns, and you certainly have your work cut out for you.

Thankfully, resources exist to more easily automate some terrain features, such as roads.

One of the most time intensive tasks is the creation of airports and airbases.

These can be very complex, with many unique buildings and large amounts of interconnected taxiways and runways.

Proper integration of AI pathing and other components such as beacons and radio frequencies, together with the documentation for these (charts and other reference) significantly add to the workload.

Theatre development has been a learning process for us. We've already grown proficient with working with terrain in DCS world and we look forward to applying our new knowledge to continuously expand the world of DCS, whether it is to complement our own aircraft modules or those in development by other DCS developers.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I agree, it fills me with excitement and makes me imagine all the great stuff that could be coming, also makes me go running to sit on my obutto and get an hour doze of DCS simming. Just like a little excited kid would do!

• Like 1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

This is exactly what the map needs. The groundwork ist outstanding, but it will be even better once it´s more fleshed out: Airfields, also smaller ones...

Very pleased to hear.

Agreed! In it's current state I am enjoying NTTR. The release of the F-5E has brought another level of enjoyment for me now, but by all means bring on the other planned airfields! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

However, other airfields, like the TTR, are very far along and looking great.

Thanks

This is good news!

Any addition to the already great NTTR map is most welcome :)

Looking forward to the map upgrade.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Nice, can't wait to see that, and the Hornet as well. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah. I believe 2.5 is the foundation for other map releases. I would not be surprised if there were 3 or 4 maps almost at the ready just waiting for 2.5 to settle. LNS has several underway but status is unknown...

Good gouge Raven, thanks for pointing this out. Wasn't aware that LN sims was actively involved in map/terrain development. Those guys have an established track record already, so naturally I feel encouraged about the prospects here.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]