Throttle on startup

johnco61

Hi

Have looked for an answer to this but can't find anything,

I'm learning the startup procedure but get stuck when starting the engines the throttle won't start it, I have to press LALT + home and LCTRL + home, that works ok but the throttles won't do it. I have tried to bind the throttles but you can select anything but the throttles to start the engines, when I did this sometime ago it worked fine, is this something I'm doing wrong?

It's RCtrl + Home and RAlt + Home...

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I reported this on this link a few weeks ago and the replies I had suggested that some guys have had this problem which can appear and then disappear. One solution I was given was to move the throttles to the idle position and then to Fuel Cutoff before switching anything on. I found this to work although not a suitable solution really. Hope this helps.

The start-up procedure should be something like this (for APU and engines only).

1. Set battery switch to 'PWR'

2. Set inverter switch to 'STBY'

3. Set boost pump switches to 'ON' (4 switches)

4. Set fuel flow switches to 'NORM' (2 switches)

5. Set APU start switch to 'START' an wait until the APU reaches 100%

6. Set APU generator switch to 'PWR'

7. Set AC generator switches to 'PWR' (2 switches)

Then start your engines witch RCtrl + Home and RAlt + Home as described by Kelevra9987. Start the engines one by one, not both at once. That should do it.

By the way, what kind of throttles do you use? I'm using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and have no problems at all.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The start-up procedure should be something like this (for APU and engines only).

1. Set battery switch to 'PWR'

2. Set inverter switch to 'STBY'

3. Set boost pump switches to 'ON' (4 switches)

4. Set fuel flow switches to 'NORM' (2 switches)

5. Set APU start switch to 'START' an wait until the APU reaches 100%

6. Set APU generator switch to 'PWR'

7. Set AC generator switches to 'PWR' (2 switches)

Then start your engines witch RCtrl + Home and RAlt + Home as described by Kelevra9987. Start the engines one by one, not both at once. That should do it.

By the way, what kind of throttles do you use? I'm using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and have no problems at all.

Yes I know the startup procedure, you used to be able to start the engine using the warthog throttles instead of using RCtrl home etc to start them, I'm trying to start up in VR so don't want to use the keyboard if I can get away with it. But thanks for the comments!! I use the Thrustmaster warthog HOTAS too

I have the Warthog too.

Check in Options that the "Syncronize HOTAS on Startup" or something like that is checked.

Otherwise you can cycle the OFF/IDLE position before you begin your startup procedure to ensure the Sim has the inGame and RL Throttles in OFF position.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Make sure your axis are calibrated properly. When you pull the throttle back there has to be no input shown in the windows controller panel. If there is any input to the throttle (for example by bad calibration) the ingame throttles will not go from off to idle

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

The synchronize controls at startup function now works for me, but what I used to do before is start the game with the warthog throttle controls all set in On/Engaged position, so the EAC will be toggled up, throttles will be to idle, etc. then when the game launches I set everything back to off and pull throttles past the fuel cut off detent, simulating like it's part of some pre-flight check and which will then synchronize with the in-game controls. Otherwise you'll have to cycle throttle, and certain switches, twice.

Weird thing is that if differs from user to user..?? Only thing that is NOT synced is my flaps setting: when I jump in a cold pit, everything is according to my WH settings at that moment, including fuel cut off/idle setting, except the flaps: no matter what setting on the throttle, the flap switch in the cockpit is in forward position..

I've tried all the above tip's and thanks for that but still don't seem to get them to work, have found that the right engine works ok it's just the left that's refusing to work.

When I move the throttle forward it doesn't move in the cockpit but when I press the Ralt +home the throttle in the cockpit jumps forward to idle then when I move the throttle forward it now moves forward in the cockpit.

Anyway I have mapped a different key that I find easier and use that for now

I've tried all the above tip's and thanks for that but still don't seem to get them to work, have found that the right engine works ok it's just the left that's refusing to work.

When I move the throttle forward it doesn't move in the cockpit but when I press the Ralt +home the throttle in the cockpit jumps forward to idle then when I move the throttle forward it now moves forward in the cockpit.

Hmm. Now THAT sounds as if you didn't move the throttles in the cutoff position..??

If you have the TM Warthog configured correctly with no assignment conflicts you should have no problems starting the engines per the documentation, ie. advancing the throttles from the detents.

Anything else and you have some kind of conflict with your controller assignments and seems to me that a complete re-configure from default is in order.